Start by marking “Now Entering Addamsville” as Want to Read:
Now Entering Addamsville

Now Entering Addamsville

Stranger Things meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer in this contemporary novel from the acclaimed author of Eliza and Her Monsters.

When Zora Novak is framed for a crime she didn’t commit, she must track down the true culprit and clear her name before it’s too late. But in a small town obsessed with ghosts, getting people to believe the truth might prove to be impossible. Fans of Riverdale and Maureen Johns
Published October 1st 2019 by Greenwillow Books

Francesca Zappia
May 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE 10/9/19:
Thank you for everyone who has supported Addamsville!! The form for postcards is now closed (I'd love to send them out indefinitely, but unfortunately there are factors like money and time...). I hope you all continue to enjoy the book!

UPDATE 8/1/19:
You may have already seen on my Twitter or Instagram, but I’m giving away illustrated (by me) ADDAMSVILLE postcards!

There’s no preorder required for these because I know not everyone can afford or buy books. All you have to do to get one is fill out this Go
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Update May 2019
I dig the Halloween vibes this cover gives off.

Prereview November 2018
Not to be dramatic or anything but after Eliza and Her Monsters I would give my blood just for Zappia's grocery list.
✨ A ✨
Nov 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Title change!?

16 Nov, 2018
I 👏 spy 👏 with 👏 my 👏 little 👏 eye...
*screams* Is that a NEW ZAPPIA BOOK I see!?!? 😱
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, that was fun

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Reading Tam Ishly
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I picked up this book today.
It's just perfect to start this month with such a witchy, ghostly, paranormal read.

And yes, I am so happy to read a book for the first by the author and I am not at all disappointed.

💞 What I consider really good about this read:

The characters and the chemistry between them (the good, the bad and the ugly alike!) and the events/situations surrounding them have been developed so well that you just do not want to sto
Victoria Bryan
When the book isn’t even out yet, but you already want a sequel

A solid 4.75

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for this book at BookCon and that's why I am able to provide this review.

First, let me start by saying I loved every second of this book and the second I finished it I wanted to start reading it all over again. Although the blurb on the back of the book compares Now Entering Addamsville to Stranger Things mixed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I would compare NEA to the epi
Natalie ⭐
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If this book doesn’t get a sequel, I’m rioting. IT WAS THAT GOOD.
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Thank you to HarperCollins and Edelweiss for proving an E-arc in exchange for an honest review.
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
2.5/5 stars

I loved the author's previous book, Eliza and Her Monsters. So I was excited to get to read another YA book by this author.

This book is a Young Adult contemporary book. But it is mostly a YA paranormal story. I do like ghosts. But unfortunately this book does not focus on ghosts. It focuses more on other paranormal elements, which I didn't really like.

The narrator is 18 year old high school student Zora Novak (1st person POV). The story is set in In
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“When your mom disappears, your dad goes to jail, and the whole town hates you on sight, sometimes you get it in your head to start doing stupid things to ease that anger. Stupid things like hunting firestarters alone.”

Now Entering Addamsville was one of my most anticipate releases of this year, and I was so excited to pick it up as soon as possible. I’ve adored the other two books I’ve read by Francesca Zappia, and though I enjoyed this one and/>
arini
Sep 27, 2019 is currently reading it
finally this author is making a comeback!!
but a contemporary ya mystery/ thriller?!
ah venturing into the dark side now, eh??

(currently reading)
Cheska the Great is Not Okay
FRANCESCA ZAPPIA HAS A NEW BOOK AND NOBODY FUCKING THOUGHT TO TELL ME?????? I AM LIVID.
faith ✨
6/24/2019: We have a cover and synopsis! I'm not so much of a fan for the cover, but the small-town murder mystery premise is really compelling!! It's also ownvoices for the ace rep by the way so I'm PUMPED

2/23/2019: There's a title change? I personally liked Welcome to Adamsville more, but I still need this like yesterday
Sharon
Oct 01, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Starting my October spooky reads with one of my fav YA authors ✨🎃🕵🏻♀ ...more
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I guess this was okay? I didn't really enjoy it but it wasn't bad enough to dnf. Mostly just blahs. I wanted this to get me in the fall spirit, but that didn't happen. I was expecting a spooky atmosphere, a quirky town, and a family mystery, but I was just so underwhelmed by everything about Now Entering Addamsville that I know it's going to be one of those books that I instantly forget everything about it.

The biggest problem I had with the story was the worldbuilding. There was virtually none
Celia McMahon
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Edelweiss and Greenwillow Books for the chance to review this title ahead of its release date.

Francesca Zappia. That name makes me hit pre-order no matter what the plot is. No matter how the cover looks. Zappia has me spending my time and money on blind faith alone because the moment I finished MADE YOU UP, she became an auto-buy author, and I became a lifelong fan.

What is this book about, you ask?

Our protagonist is named Zora, and she can see ghosts.
Katie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

I got this ARC at BookCon and thank you to the publisher for providing it in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a fun read! I was really looking forward to it because I absolutely loved Eliza and Her Monsters, and this one did not disappoint. Now Entering Addamsville is about a girl, Zora, who can see ghosts (her whole town is obsessed with ghosts but she is the only one who can see them) and she is being framed for the murder of a janitor at her
Other Rachel
rtc. just take my wallet, francesca. do it for morty the dead miner mascot.

Ever wanted to know what a haunted Pawnee, Indiana would be like? Because this is it with the demonic fires, a girl with an axe, and ghosts occupying every space as the body count grows.

Zappia knocks it out of the park with her first SFF book. For fans of spooky small towns with secrets, readers will love Zora's bristling anger as she framed for the strange fires. Born with the ability to see ghosts, it's up to her, her
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I read the first three chapters (roughly 10% of this), and it's super not for me, but remember that I read this not because of the summary's appeal but because I loved Zappia's first two books.

If you're here for the Stranger Things meets Buffy comp, I think you'll be fine, whereas I wanted something like Zappia's prior works which this was not.

I don't DNF review much anymore, but I don't want my DNF to put anyone off, because I was branching out and trying something that didn't necessarily sound lik
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I requested this book, not just based on the synopsis, but also because I really loved Eliza and Her Monsters.   I'm happy that I did.

Where do I start with this one?  There are a lot of things I won't discuss from the plot because I feel like it would ruin the book for everyone.  I'll just cover the characters and some of the basics.

Zora lived with her older sister, Sadie in a trailer.  Their mother disappeared for a second time five years earlie
Madeline Nixon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. I didn’t know much about it going in, but I fell in love. It had so much heart and love. It also had a ton of ghosts, spooky creatures, and mystery, which is right up my alley. I need more of this. I loved Zora, Sadie, Artemis, Grim, and Bach, and I feel like this can’t be the end of their story. Or at least, I hope it’s not.

(Thank you to HarperCollins for the ARC. All opinions are mine.)
Makenna Fournier
Thank you to Harper Collins for providing an eArc of this through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review
Supernatural meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Scooby Doo. If that sounds like a good mash up to you, than this book is definitely for you.
The main reason why I picked up this book was because I love Francesca’s other books, and I am so grateful that I did because wow did I fall in love. YA Paranormal has always been my favorite genre to read, in fact that was all I read I first
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2019, ya, paranormal
Once upon a time, there were firestarters, demons, who were responsible for generations of deaths in Addamsville. Her mother hunted them and was passing on the family trade to Zora. That was until her mother disappeared. But, now the demons were back, and it was up to Zora and her cousin, Artemis, to rid their town of this scourge. Would Zora survive another showdown with the firestarters?

This book was nothing that I was expecting, and everything I never knew I wanted. It was creepy,
Kelsea
This is a lovely book if you’re looking for pure Halloween fun! I enjoyed the quirky town full of ghosts and mysteries — and I’m likely to read on in the series.

The book was a bit confusing — there are a LOT of characters to track and the action sequences happened very suddenly. In some places it read like a movie, for better or for worse.

And while Zora isn’t quite like Eliza from Eliza and Her Monsters, they’re both angry, solo, chip-on-the-shoulder types. However, while
Susan
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate these damn stars-- somewhere between 3 and 4-- probably closer to 4.

Here's the theme of today's review: FUN! FUN and MORE FUN. Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia isn't meant to be a fright fest (or at least I can't imagine it is). What it is though, is a fun, quirky, heartfelt look at a misunderstood loner in a much misunderstood small town.

Full review at Novellives.com
Cassy Klisch
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to receive an arc of this wonderful story at BookCon, and I say fortunate because–honestly?—I'm not sure I would've read it otherwise. And when I say I read it, I mean I devoured it in one sitting.

This small town setting in Indiana and the characters that populated it felt so real. The plot was super original—a kind of light thriller mystery with a cool contemporary fantasy twist. And it was so fast paced, and I am a sucker for a fast paced story. Not to mentio
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Atmosphere of Now Entering Addamsville reminds me of the recent Nancy Drew comics mixed with some supernatural and noir elements. I don't necessarily see it as paranormal book(even though it probably is one) but as a alluring take on magical realism.

Would recommend it to fans of Stranger Things and Riverdale(*cough*the first season*cough*).
Dia
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as 2019-releases  ·  review of another edition

Why is no one talking about this?
Nicole Smith
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED! I was really happy at the ending because there is closure, but it kind of screams for another book! YAY! I loved all the characters and their development through the story. It was almost a girl with a “gift” turns into a super hero with it being a super hero story. I’ll admit I was a little nervous that anxious characters weren’t in it like the other two book because I love the way Zappia writes about kids like this. My daughter is super anxious and her books have helped me parent better ...more
Madison
I don’t read a lot of paranormal YA and even fewer ghosts stories, but I added this to my reading pile because it is written by Francesca Zappa. And I’m so glad I did. Take-no-prisoners female lead characters (armed with an axe, seriously), a story of intrigue, murder, and mystery, and yes, ghosts, but with a complex storyline and plenty of layers of details about the rules for this paranormal version of a small town with plenty of secrets, all contribute to make Now Entering Addamsville an inte ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Writer of MADE YOU UP and ELIZA AND HER MONSTERS. Represented by Louise Fury of the Bent Agency.

Also wrote The Children of Hypnos serial on Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/story/9547883...).

Social Media: @ChessieZappia

You can find links to all my social media on my website, www.francescazappia.com.