Start by marking “Coming Home to Holly Close Farm” as Want to Read:
Coming Home to Holly Close Farm

Coming Home to Holly Close Farm

Charlie Maddison loves being an architect in London, but when she finds out her boyfriend, Dominic is actually married, she runs back to the beautiful countryside of Westenbury and her parents. Charlie's sister Daisy, a landscape gardener, is also back home in desperate need of company and some fun.

Their great-grandmother, Madge – now in her early nineties – reveals she h

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 5th 2019 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home to Holly Close Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home to Holly Close Farm

Chris
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Julie Houston has done it again.

Charlie Maddison is newly single, fired, evicted, and headed back to Westenbury to live with her parents. While she pines for the life she had in London, her great-grandmother, Madge, entices her with the revelation of Holly Close Farm, a secret home she’s left abandoned for over sixty years. Soon, Charlie’s using her architecture experience to project manage its renovation with her sister, Daisy. However, as the house takes shape, Madge reveals secrets of a warti
Joanna Courtney
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book - Julie Houston at her sparkling best. Charlie is a warm and believable heroine and I loved the intersecting past and present narratives. As a lover of historical fiction I especially enjoyed the war sections but the present day narrative was lively and engaging and I was hooked throughout. A fantastic read - highly recommended.
Lisa M
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two romances for the price of one! It took me at least until I was a quarter of the way in to get into this book as I struggled to remember which character was which but by the end my heart was full of hope!

Charlie goes home to family following a disastrous break-up which also leads to her losing her job as an architect, only to find she is able to renovate an old family property belonging to her great-grandmother (Madge).

As Charlie sets about drawing up plans for Holly Close Farm, she and her s
Saar
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is going straight onto my favourite books ever-list. Full review coming soon but, just... Wow - such a gorgeous story.
Claire Scott
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This book has me torn in two, I loved it, and I didn’t. The story is told from Charlie’s POV as well as her great grandmother Madges POV. It tells the story of Charlie, forced to move back home after finding out her boyfriend, and boss, is married with children, is given the opportunity to project manage the renovation of her Great grandmother’s old house, which has been kept secret for 60 years. There is a tragic love story from the past, which we learn from Madge, which was heartbreakingly bea ...more
Anna
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Net Galley and Aria for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Julie Houston has written a heart-warming family story that had me laughing out loud so many times. It was a thrill to meet Charlie Maddison, an architect who returns to her childhood roots in Westenbury after finding out that her boyfriend is a married father of three. Charlie's sister Daisy is home as well, a landscape gardener who is looking to make a name for herself and be near her family.

Their 94 yea
Gea
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-com
While I enjoyed most of the book, the central character 'Charlie' was a little off=putting. It took too long for her to realize that an affair with a married man is a dead end street. Just wrong. The back story of her great-grandmother and her war-time romance was the best part of this book!.
Christine Galletly
Jan 17, 2019
Rosie Amber
is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2019
Julie Houston’s first three novels GOODNESS, GRACE AND ME, THE ONE SAVING GRACE and LOOKING FOR LUCY are all Amazon Humour #1 best sellers both here in the UK and Australia. LOOKING FOR LUCY hit the #1 best seller overall in Australia. Her new novel, A VILLAGE AFFAIR will be published in November 2018 and HOLLY CLOSE FARM in February 2019.

Julie lives in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire where her novel