Start by marking “The Confessional” as Want to Read:
The Confessional

The Confessional

Psychology student, Grace Fleming, is addicted to meaningless hook-ups in random places, impulsively following a script for self-destruction and bad behavior. She suffers from nightmares and a patchwork of flashbacks that leave her in a fugue state. Unsure what they mean, she goes to therapy, seeking answers. Is her mind conjuring them up or are they past encounters she’d ...more
Published February 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Confessional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Confessional

Tracy Reads
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good but weird

The storyline to this was what kept me reading and interested in the book but overall it seemed a little messy, 5 or 6 people had a voice in it and it was kinda jumpy in parts and that made my head spin forcing me to go back and see if I missed anything so that was a little off putting.
For me I would have liked the story told only from grace and saints POV I didn't feel it needed more than that and I can't help but wonder if this had happened would it have made the story that bit
Becky Ballenger
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book!!!!! You GOTTA read it!!!!! It’s a MUST READ for 2019!!!!!! Reasons why I enjoyed this book:
Easy-to-read
Entertaining
Page-Turner
Wonderful characters
Steamy

J.M. Kelley
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story!!

If you love a dark, edgy, compelling, addictive reads, this one is for you. Grace has been abused as a young girl and struggling as an adult because of it. But she is determined to fix herself so she can help others that have been abused. I loved following her journey as she grew stronger. Saint is a bit of a devil/angel but you can't help loving him as the story unfolds. The Confessional is well written and Ms. Nilsson really brings the story and her characters to life with her
Heather
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This was a fairly interesting read, however I had to keep rereading parts to understand sentences or what was going on and it would jump around or mention details that seemed like it was supposed to make sense to the reader but hadn't been addressed before.
Carla
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carla's Four Star Review

**Important-This is a dark read and may contain triggers for some readers**

This is Grace and Saint's story, and, let me warn you, their story is not for the faint of heart. It is real, and it is raw. Due to past events that she can't remember, Grace is stuck. She is a psychology student with dreams to help people like herself, but, before she can help others, she must face and overcome her own demons. In order to do this, she is working with a therapist. The plan is to re
Kimmie Wilson
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The confessional is dark, dangerous, addictive, and offers no cure or redemption. Grace, abused as a young girl, can't remember who it was, but she knows what someone did to her.  She has nightmares about it.  Grace has a painful journey to fix herself, some unorthodox methods, but an insta-cure for abuse doesn't exist.

The Confessional is full of words and ideas with a double meaning, I mean the main character’s names, for instance, Saint and Grace.

The plot begins around the third chapter when
Tanja Williams Hancock
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Romance w/ Trigger Warnings

***Trigger Warnings***
Cutting & Sexual Child Abuse

The Author DOES note of triggers at the beginning of her book, but it’s not until the end that you learn what they are. I’d change that, so readers can make the best choices for themselves beforehand!!

This story is very dark and does include romance, but the focus is more about self-redemption and living as a survivor after experiencing hell.

The print needs quite a bit of clean-up and editing. Spell check wou
Louise Jewell
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deep

This story takes on a very dark theme - sexual abuse. It is done in a way to show the reader how a child could possibly cope with abuse. Grace is a wonderful character. The reader gets a glimpse into her world and this around her. It doesn't hold extremely in depth but does give you a good foundation.
Saint is her savior but he has his own demons to deal with in the story.
The family is very, very dysfunctional.
This is a dark read but the author does try to show Grace as a survivor (which she
Shauna Joesten
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. It also gives you a whole different look at people dealing with addiction and the way it affects them. Grace is addicted to sex. Saint is a private investigator hired to keep an eye on her. But is she the devil or an angel. The Author has really brought the characters out, you could feel there emotions, The Author done a fantastic job bringing the storyline.
Shauna Joesten
Tammy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grace is a psychology student with her own demons to work through, Saint is a private investigator hired to keep and eye on Grace. This in an read not for everyone, the story is intense with lots of raw emotion that really draws you in. I was hooked on this intriguing read.
Chantel
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Confessional is a very unique story that not only is it a romance story, but of also about a person who endured sexual abuse and recovery. This story left a mark on my heart and was a tragic and beautiful story with hope.
Carol
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a dark read. It is well written, interesting and kept my interest throughout the whole thing. I enjoyed watching the storyline and characters unfold. I recommend it to all. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily reviewed it.
Myrna Richmond
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abuse is never an easy subject to write about but the author has written a very good story. It is shocking but Grace battled through it and the story itself is very exciting and dramatic. It is not for the feint hearted because it would be upsetting for anyone who had been abused.
C bond
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent read from start to finish.
Pat
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written storyline and great characters kept me totally enthralled as I turned each and every page!
LORRIE
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tragic, serious topics, dark and sexy
Tracy
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This story is told from each characters point of view ..at some points i was confused but I liked knowing what each character was feeling and thinking
Breann
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2019
K. Nilsson
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to K. by: http://s.cssdeck.com/iframe
Shelly Peterson
Will Griesmer
Stephanie Grant
Feb 20, 2019
K. Nilsson’s love of reading began with the Bobbsey twins. When she ran across some Italian True Romance novellas stashed in the attic, the musty serials hooked her on adult fiction. Though black and white photos were dramatic enough to know what the stories were about, she taught herself to read in Italian and translated them to her friends.

She’s an unapologetic reviewer of books, restaurants,