Start by marking “His Cocky Cellist (Undue Arrogance, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Cocky Cellist (Undue Arrogance, #2)

His Cocky Cellist

(Undue Arrogance #2)

One night. One contract. One kiss, and Victor Newcomb will never be the same.

By age 24, Vic has accomplished more than most men achieve in a lifetime. Since childhood he's tried to be the perfect son, the perfect executive, the perfect heir—and as next in line for the throne of his father's multibillion dollar textile empire, he's made his life entirely about discipline
Published November 19th 2018

Start your review of His Cocky Cellist (Undue Arrogance, #2)
Cole McCade
Nov 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
Hey. I try to avoid posting on GR on my own books unless there's been some kind of issue that requires a PSA, like when Amazon banned THE FOUND on release day last year. -_- Well, there was an issue with this book, and if you haven't already seen it in my NL here's the skinny:

So Amazon and I have been beefing for the past week; there's a glitch in Amazon KDP (the interface publishers and indie authors use to upload and manage books) where sometimes it doesn't save new manuscript uploads properly
Nicola
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 5-stars
The latest in the Undue Arrogance series shines the spotlight on Vic Newcomb and Amani Idrissi, and true to Cole McCade’s style he delivers a story brimming with heart, feeling and a good splash of kink with notes of Pretty Woman running through it.

description Whether we have a cello lesson or another kind of lesson is up to you.”

description

It doesn’t matter how many books I read by the author, each time he manages to create characters who, as you begin to delve deeper, you soon discover are not entirely as expec
~Volha~
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read anything by Cole McCade I know it's going to be good. This was no exception. He has a tendency to challenge stereotypes and create a certain alluring and passionate atmosphere with just a few words, to make you think and ponder. This story calls questions of class privileges, inequality and xenophobia. The MCs are expertly created and are so different from each other yet fitting so well within their mutual desires and wants. This is enemies to lovers story - well, the closest I could ...more
Eugenia
The more I read, the less I liked...

Thank goodness for Joel Leslie because without him this would have felt more wooden than it was. OFY, virgin sex, billionaire-student pairing, no age gap, D/s.

The characters were flat. Their situations and reasons for being the way they were hard to buy. Some scenes were hot, but not enough to make up for the fact that I really didn’t care too much for either MC.

One thing I did like: the gender-bending dom of a cellist who hailed from Morocco was a refreshing
Ariana
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
*4,5 stars*

Absolutely fascinating, and brilliantly written.
On the surface this may sound like a version of 'Pretty Woman', but believe you me, we are talking different planets here! There may be some similar components but that's where it all ends.

So what do we get?

a. Vic: tall, broad-shouldered, intent to live up to his family's expectations and heading towards killing himself in the process by overworking himself.
His issues: his family, his loneliness, his inability to switch off, his complet
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
Nothing better than start reading with trust, without fear of a disappointment, knowing it will exceed expectations.

Amani... a dream... petit, femme, graceful, elegant, a lithe body, long silken hair and brown tawny eyes... masseuse, student and cellist...
Victor, tall, sharp looking, broad and chiseled, billionaire, CEO, heir, lonely....

Through a financial contract they start an exclusive exchange of dominance, control and submission. Amani wants to hold a distance and Vic only wants to get clos
iam
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaah this was amazing!!! I'm totally in love!

Content warnings include:(view spoiler) A comprehensive list can be found in the book itself, available in the preview on amazon.

I truly enjoyed reading this. I was totally enamoured by Amani from the very beginning, which made me relate to Vic a lot. Though Vic was also a great character in his own r
Joyfully Jay
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

His Cocky Cellist is the second book in Cole McCade’s Undue Arrogance series. It follows His Cocky Valet, which I didn’t read, and I had absolutely no problem jumping in here. The books connect in that Vic is best friends with one of the MCs from that first story, but other than a cameo at the start, this book totally stands alone so you can easily begin here.

I loved watching the relationship develop between Vic and Amani. They are quite different in just about e
Tristan
May 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm
1/5

Good writing can't save a dreadful plot and characters. And sadly that's what happened here.
My biggest issue with book is Amani's hypocrisy. Especially regarding the money aspect of the relationship. (view spoiler)
Lori
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot express how beautiful I find Cole McCade's writing. It's so poetic and lyrical. Amani is probably one of my favorite characters in his books because the character is so unapologetic about being a black, femme, and male. Both he and Vic just needed each other's love but it definitely took time and hurt feelings to get there.

I know it's cliche but I would read the phone book if Cole McCade wrote it!
~nikki the recovering book addict
4.5 impressive stars

I loved this but it was too short! I wanted more of it. So much more! I can’t help but feel super impressed with this author for being able to hit it out of the park with this series 2.5 times in a row.

My advice? Read the afterward! It’s rather illuminating to read the reason behind the author writing this book. And I love it all the more.

I do hope there’s more to this series. It’s been one good book after another 😍
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: unlimited
As always with this author, well written. I loved both the characters, especially when they're joking with each other. There's some seriously hot embers stoking these pages too *fans self*. On the negative side, I was irked by how much Amani put Vic down for being born with money. I could get if he were an arrogant and absent-minded 'rich folk' who toyed with people and didn't appreciate them - but he started the book with a good heart, good intentions, and a love of charity. Repeatedly being to ...more
M
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
It is no secret that I love and devour Cole McCade’s writing whenever I get the chance. I just love the way he weaves his stories together, how his characters are real human beings with flaws and weaknesses and incredible strength and empathy.

I was slightly apprehensive about HCC, simply because my track record with billionaire romance has been going sour for a while. You know, I’m more at the point where I want to eat the rich, not root for their HEA. I shouldn’t have worried though. Yes, Vic
Viki /LostForReal/
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Why, why, why... this author has been very steadily climbing my "reliable-genius" writer list.

And really, the only reason this book does not have five stars? Because I want to have a way to single out my most favorite book of all the amazing ones (which, let´s be honest, will probably be the Junkshop Blues book when the two MC will finally kiss and/or get into a relationship).

Why Cole McCade? Why should you read him?

It´s several things, of course, but it can be boiled down to two things - his st
Ekollon
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't know about this book. I'm thinking about it a lot and I'm pretty unsure about how I want to rate it, although I guess I'll stick one in for now. First and foremost, one of the things that McCade does well is provide all kinds of content warnings upfront. If you have an issue that you know will be a problem, you're probably going to be able to check out the content warnings for it.

Some of the things that I didn't think would be issues for me did in fact end up being issues for me, though.
Colleen
I'm sure you have read a book that was beyond good, so much so that it was actually beautiful? This is that book. Hell this series is that book. I love the writing style and the deep understanding of submission and dominance, that it can be comforting and safe.

“You don’t like having people here, but you keep begging me to come back?”
“It’s different, with you.” Vic flashed him a lazy smile as he padded to the kitchen island. “I just...need somewhere to be tired without people judging me or loo
Francisca Morar
Very beautiful writing! Smooth, romantic and fluid.
Janani
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cole has UNDONE me with this series.

This book is COMPLEX and BEAUTIFUL and KINKY. I am in love.
Alina
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
*This review contains spoilers and sexual stuff (btw. it's an erotic m/m book.*

2-3 stars

Soooo. After reading the first book in the series I also wanted to read this one because I actually really liked the first one. But. This book was kinda boring.
I liked the characters, the sex scenes were good written (I will come to the sex scenes later) and overall it was solid.

We have Vic the protagonist of the story who is really rich, handsome and big (*wink*) you know the typical business man and then
Karen
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
What a beautifully written and delicate book this is.

It absolutely can be read as a stand alone. You don’t need the back story of Ash to fall in love with Victor.

Vic is the calm, controlled, business man but he needs some R and R and visits Ash’s masseuse Amani.

Amani is the mild mannered, meek, sultry and beguiling man who will become the cello teacher.

“He couldn’t be more than five foot three, five foot four, but he carried himself with the strength of giants and the elegance of royalty.”

Think
Xan West
I want to review this if I can find a way to be coherent about it, but for now I will say that I loved it.
Eli
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, erotica
I won't lie, I got heart-stoppingly invested here for some reason - like beyond my usual, beyond the first book in the series, and WAY beyond what's necessary when a HEA is guaranteed, ffs - and I'm still coming down from that, and I don't know if I can be objective here.

Is it because the submissive lead's subby style is a LOT like mine? Possibly.

Is it because both leads work so hard to be strong in ways that resonate way too much? Also likely.

Is it because I have deep conflicts re: reading bill
Dannica Zulestin
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's like... I don't read Cole McCade for a few months... and then I come back...
And the feelings just HIT ME.
Whyyyyyy is he so good at wriiiiiting?

Anyways I liked this book better than His Cocky Valet bc I liked the MCs better. Both Amani and Vic come across as characters who are trying their best to connect and to be good ppl despite having issues. There is just a little instalove here, but I don't give a fuck bc I would instalove either of them as well. They're great.
My only issue is that the
Emily Seelye
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Up until meeting Amani, Vic didn’t give much thought to his sexuality. He didn’t have time to date, because he was either busy with school or running the family company. I’d venture to guess Amani was the first person he felt any attraction to.

He first hires Amani to give him cello lessons, but they quickly discover Vic has a submissive streak, so they decide to explore that instead. Amani agrees to be his professional Dom, and pays him accordingly.

While they try to keep it a strictly business
jazmin
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
YES. This was everything I didn't even know I needed. The writing, the story, the characters, the relationship ... it was all so beautiful and I absolutely loved it.
Bora Noona
This was kind of delightful. I have always liked bossy bottoms, but this guy takes it to a whole new level. A Master who is a effeminate bottom? Sign me up! It was fascinating. Plus, there was a lot of cultural stuff that was explored. And most importantly, the sex was hot.
Lina
Oct 23, 2019 added it
Good idea and really good diversity but it fell short. I got really excited at the beginning with the totally different dominant in this dynamic, but there wasn’t really a relationship at all, which got boring really soon. Even the angst or miscommunication didn’t help at all to build up interest. I SKIMMED THE LAST 10 %. I only read like 2 paragraphs from the epilogue...

Minus 3 stars. Maybe 2,5
Elizabetta

I enjoyed the first third or so of Vic and Amani’s romp quite a bit. The setup was definitely intriguing. The idea of a dominant femme Muslim masseur/cellist sounds delicious, doesn’t it? Hint: it is. The music aspect was what really drew me in, and when the story revolved around that, it really sang for me.

But my enjoyment waned and skimming ensued by the halfway mark. Of course, this is a contemp-fantasy a la Pretty Woman, so belief can be stretched. But this was what ultimately kept
Carol (bookish_notes)
Ahhh so. I don’t know what it is really, but I’m not a fan of the writing in this particular book? It’s too...overly descriptive and I find myself skimming the text. The beginning of this book is really solid, where Vic and Ash are chatting. I like Amani, but the writing just isn’t enough to keep me hooked.

Also, the fact that Amani pulls out a Stradivarius cello and Vic just kind of waves it off is super weird to me. Do you guys know how many of them are left in the world and what they cost???
Sadie Jay
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The age of the main characters made it hard for me to totally sink into this book; Vic too young to be heading a huge Corporation, and Amani too young to be so self-assured (although he did have times when he doubted what he was doing). I also had a hard time believing that he could have gone 5 or 6 years without playing his cello but the first time he does, he plays it perfectly. But I liked the self-discoveries that both Vic and Amani made and the sex scenes were extremely well written.

I recei
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rule 47
  • One in Between (Those Other Books #2.5)
  • Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Love Language (Love Languages, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Take Care of You (Taking Care, #1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Cash (Lucky, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (Giving Consent #3)
  • Can't Touch
  • Houston (Leashes & Lace, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • Take Care of Me (Taking Care #2)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Undue Arrogance (2 books)
  • His Cocky Valet (Undue Arrogance #1)

News & Interviews