Start by marking “Smoke Screen (The Blue Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Smoke Screen (The Blue Trilogy, #2)

Smoke Screen

(The Blue Trilogy #2)

She was a distraction. He was a mistake.
Now they're in each others' way.

Rookie investigator Devyn Foster knows the pain of losing family. It’s what drives her to do what she does - finding the missing and the lost and returning them to their families.

Her latest assignment is no different, finding the computer a whiz who disappeared while working on a mysterious project.
Kindle Edition
Published October 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Smoke Screen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke Screen

Start your review of Smoke Screen (The Blue Trilogy, #2)
J.M. Kelley
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Smoke Screen, the second book in the Blue Trilogy is a seductive, captivating story.
Mystery, danger and suspense—this romance has it all.

Rookie investigator, Devyn Foster's painful past only fuels her to work harder finding the missing and returning them to their families safely.
Sexy PI, Max Carson won't let anything stop him when he's hired to track down a software program that could change the world.
They both have a job to do but ever since their wild, unforgettable one-night-stand, Max and De
Claudia
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even more trouble is ahead for Devyn and Max. Being in constant proximity of each is feeling havoc on the other. On the one hand neither can forget the explosive night they shared and neither wants to give anything away in the course of their investigations. Though when their investigations force them to deal with a intimacy and closeness that they have been denying themselves. Now it's a question of whether they will finish the job together and begin a more personal partnership or will they kee ...more
Tammy
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and for best enjoyment, I do recommend reading them in order. Devyn’s investigation continues and she must go undercover to search for the truth. Max also ends up undercover and wants to keep Devyn safe. Sparks fly between the two but both are focused on following the trail to the computer whiz who has disappeared. Will their attraction get in the way of discovering the truth? Fast-paced read with lots of twists and turns. The chemistry is steamy and the cha ...more
Jessica Belmont
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dark and dangerous.

So, I don’t always read romance, but will absolutely read romantic suspense. I absolutely love the mixture of steamy romance with adrenaline rushing suspense. That’s exactly what we get with Smoke Screen.

I love the tension between Devyn and Max. They are attempting to do their job, and solving quite the mystery, while trying to forget that steamy one-night stand. It is clear the attraction is there, and the sexual tension can be felt through the pages.

This is the second book i
Diane
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "SMOKE SCREEN" WOW!!!! This 2nd book in this amazing Trilogy full of intense sometimes dark storyline, danger, suspense, riviting, intriguing on the edge of your seat drama with twists.
Devyn's case takes her to do some undercover work to research what happened to the computer whiz still not found she wants to give the parents closure.
Max has been hired to go undercover working the same case as Devyn as much he wants her out of his way, out of his heart, still rem
Christine Woinich
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xpresso-tours
I found this story more intense than the first part. Devyn was getting closer to her target while Max was figuring out his assignment. The heat between them continued to build, and as things unfolded, their connection became more intimate and stronger. The secrets were still surrounding them, their respective assignments demanding it. I am looking forward to the third book to see how it all ends.

I received a copy of this book through Xpresso Tours, and this is my unsolicited review.
Lynn Stifle
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in The Blue Trilogy and continues Devyn and Max’s story. Devyn continues her case and must go undercover to find the truth. Max also goes undercover working the same case to find the software program. Devyn and Max are both trying to solve a mystery while both try to forget their one night together. I loved the chemistry and tension between Devyn and Max. An incredible read and I’m looking forward to reading the final book in this series.
Becky Ballenger
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the second book into Devyn and Max’s storyline!!! This romantic, suspenseful read hits the spot!!! K. Nilsson is wonderfully talented!!!! I can’t wait to read more!!! Nilsson really puts you into the story, with the characters and I love it!!!
Pat
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 in "The Blue Trilogy" and the great plot continues as Devyn and Max's journey pulled me in and wouldn't let me go until the very last page was turned! ...more
Kimber Nilsson
Nov 01, 2020
Ana
Nov 01, 2020

• Layla
  • Shock Me (So Wrong It's Right #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Violent Beginnings
  • Fated Lies
  • My (Mostly) Temporary Nanny (My Mostly Funny Romance #3)
  • The Holidays (Darker)
  • Inferno of Silence
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella, #1)
  • Bound Together (Torn and Bound Duet, #2)
  • I'll Be Your Beast
  • My Mafia Boss: Heat
  • My Mafia Boss: Sweat
  • His Desire: Book 3
  • My Mafia Boss: Passion
  • His Desire: Book 1
  • His Desire: Book 2
K. Nilsson’s love of reading began with the Bobbsey twins. When she ran across some Italian True Romance novellas stashed in the attic, the musty serials hooked her on adult fiction. Though black and white photos were dramatic enough to know what the stories were about, she taught herself to read in Italian and translated them to her friends.

She’s an unapologetic reviewer of books, restaurants,

The Blue Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blue (The Blue Trilogy Book 1)
  • Dead Heat (The Blue Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews