Start by marking “The Four Horsemen: Sinister and Tricked: The Halloween Episodes” as Want to Read:
The Four Horsemen: Sinister and Tricked: The Halloween Episodes

The Four Horsemen: Sinister and Tricked: The Halloween Episodes

Two Halloween episodes from the Four Horsemen series world bundled into one book.

SINISTER (2018)

The Four Horsemen and Vee prefer to keep away from the local village residents, but they’ve attracted unwanted attention from more the one.

A group of teens from the village with a vendetta against Xander.

Amelie, the woman with an intense interest in the guys.

And Cinder, th

Published October 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Four Horsemen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Horsemen

Katyana
Sinister - 4 stars - A really fun short about a sinister supe and some spooky Halloween magic. I liked it a lot, though it's interesting that the 5 of them seem so much weaker against the supes they are encountering now.

Tricked - 3 stars - I think my problems with this short were less with the story - it was cute - and more with the overall picture. I don't understand where this story slots into the overall timeline, but it's clearly somewhat in the middle of the 7 book arc. I didn't like seeing
Michelle
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Tricked was also fabulous, but I'm going to focus on Sinister since that was the new read for me.

Sinister was such a fun tease! We get a little bit of everything we want: Joss's jokes, Ewan's leather-bound goodness, Xander's adorable grumpiness, and Heath's grounding presence. Unfortunately, it's just a novella, and I want more :(

For being just a short visit to the world of the horsemen, Sinister is very well-rounded. It doesn't feel rushed, and the story resolves in a very natural way. Noth
Heather
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinister - I love a good Vee and Pony story! I’m so happy Ms. Swallow is continuing the series with holiday stories.
Vee and the guys are in a new house, in a new village. Most of the locals think they are weird and some of the kids like to torment Xander. But in the midst of getting ready for Halloween, a sinister force comes to town. Can Vee and the guys defeat it? While also having time for a little romance?
I received an ARC from the author. This is my honest review.
Tricked - "Tricked" was pub
Jennifer G
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Sinister
It's Halloween again, the time of year that children carve jack-o-lanterns, dress up for trick or treating, and enjoy scary cemeteries and haunted houses. Teens are more into tricks and adults are more into treats but everyone loves Halloween. This year the Horsemen and Vee want to take part in the local festivities, well except for Xander. He's on edge looking for anything suspicious. This includes the loca
RH & Romance Review
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really excited when the author announced that she was going to be revisiting The Pony Boys. It was an entertaining short story. Again, this author is good at not tackling too much in the length of the story; she deals with one event well, rather than trying to cram in loads. As with the other books in this world, I was really invested in this story. I wanted to slap one of the guys (not going to say who, because spoilers), and I had a visceral hatred for this antagonist. I mean, I really h ...more
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Odds are you won't be tricked in this sinister Halloween themed book

Disclaimer: author generously provided me with a free ARC copy of this book. However, all views and opinions are my own.

It's hardly a secret I LOVE the pony boys and Vee. And it was great to get back into their world, see what they're up to and how their lives are now that they no longer have Chaos to fight.
I loved seeing how their group dynamic and individual bonds had developed. And even more: that Lisa hints at a possible thr
Book Addict
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who does not love to read more about Vee and her only guys! It is great to get more insight into how they are all connecting and how their relationships are advancing since they saved the world! Of course Xander is still the favourite and Lisa does not disappoint with him again in this book..or with any of the guys really! I really love these Novellas that Lisa is writing and she is really keeping all our favourite characters moving forward and getting her readers involved in the day to day of t ...more
Nicole Namen
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy I got to read this little Halloween novella that happens after the first Four Horsemen series ended, and after the Chaos destruction!! It was nice to see that even though they’re still struggling with what happened after Chaos and learning about Vee’s true powers, they’re still a strong team and love Vee, no matter what creepy, witchy, sinister thing that happens! It seems like they have so much more to learn about each other and their powers and where and what they come from. I ca ...more
Becci Evans
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the four horseman series. Really enjoyed last years hallowen special with the guys but this one trumps it. It’s great to read of life after chaos and how they all try to get a normal life as much as possible. As always lots of action and banter between the guys along with the usual “fun times”. Great read just in time for Halloween 🎃
Jocelyn LeDonne
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Tricked last year and loved it. Then this year we get Sinister and a glimpse in to Vee and the guys life after Choas. I loved seeing these characters in a different light. They are still doing their "job" as horsemen but they also have a little fun and some steamy times along the way. Fabulous short reads for the Halloween season.
Aimee
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was nice getting to see Vee and her guys again. I enjoyed Sinister as well as Tricked which I read last year. Sinister had an interesting storyline and showed a vulnerability we don't usually see, which I think is good. All in all a fun, quick read!
Theresa Wesley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinister is really good new short story added to The Four Horsemen. I really liked it alot. It was nice to see different sides to Xander. There was some fun and some seriousness. This is well written story. We see that the Horsemen aren't as strong as they think.
sandra snellings
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Pony Boys are back !

I love all the Four Horsemen books (and although these are short) I will take whatever I can get when it comes to these four and Vee. There is never a lack of action and you are always on the edge of your seat. You have to read this whole series !!!
Rosalind Bath
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Halloween

Two, very good, fun stories. Featuring our favourite horseman and Vee. Fun, easy to read shorts, if you have enjoyed their series, you'll love these..
Mandy Clark
Katrina Mercer
Feb 03, 2019
Diane M.
May 22, 2019
LJ Swallow is a paranormal romance and urban fantasy author who is the alter-ego of bestselling contemporary romance author Lisa Swallow.

Giving in to her dark side, LJ spends time creating worlds filled with supernatural creatures who don’t fit the norm, and heroines who are more likely to kick ass than sit on theirs.