Start by marking “Buried Magic (White Haven Witches Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Buried Magic (White Haven Witches Book 1)

Buried Magic

(White Haven Witches #1)

Witchcraft, dark secrets, and demons. No one is safe in White Haven.

White Haven has a history of witchcraft, but the locals don't know that there are real witches living among them, and Avery is one of them.

Published November 22nd 2018 by Mountolive Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Buried Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Magic

Start your review of Buried Magic (White Haven Witches Book 1)
Texas
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Actually 3.5 stars. Author has potential.

Buried Magic #1 - My first read by this author. I enjoy witches and the Cornwall area, and this story has both, plus the histories of several of the families trace back past the 1500s. Tie in a couple more magical, or not, families with suspicious agendas, and occult dimensional portals allowing demons passage to White Haven. There are many interesting storylines that do a good job of keeping the reader's interest, along with the premonitions, intrigue
Siyka
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the approach toward the magic of modern-day witches.
It was a real treat to follow the adventures of that family to escape the evil plans of their adversary. There is a good plot with intrigue and suspense and an interesting detective.
it is very easy to get into the life of Avery and the other witches of White Haven. And it is really easy to just keep reading.

Emma
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that the characters are very realistic in there feeling, emotions and beliefs. Avery, Alex, Elspeth, Gil, Gil's wayward brother Reuben and Briar are witches. Their ancestry goes back hundreds of years. Their history is steeped in mystery and secrets. When Avery and Alex have the same warning that darkness and danger is coming. They gather the rest of the witches for a meeting. They are not officially a coven but some of them want to organize one. When, Anne, an elderly historian of the ...more
Saoirce
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Read

I found this book quite fun to read, and will be moving on to book 2. This book is 3.5 stars for me, but that option is not available to me.
On the upside, I found most of the characters quite interesting and nice. They balance each other out. I like the slow build of the mystery of the 5 grimoires. I was sad at the end of the book at the unexpected turn of events, but can understand it as it provides impetus for one of the characters to embrace the family history and discover what
Billie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witchcraft, dark magic, and demons. No one is safe in White Haven.
When she receives an ominous premonition, a rune covered box, and an intriguing letter, all hinting at the mysterious past of her hometown, perched on the Cornish coast, Avery realises that the witches are missing a vital part of their history.
Five missing grimoires.
And when the annoying, but
Lana
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love books about magic and witches in particular, so this first book in the White Haven Witches went down like honey, and TJ Green is a great favourite author of mine. The story is situated in Cornwall, in White Haven to be precise and this little village has a history of magic and witchcraft and presently has 5 witches residing there. They all lead normal lives, working in their own particular shops were they sell wares which have been imbued with magic but the magic they wield is good magic, ...more
Cristina
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
(Review with spoilers)

Magical story. I loved it.

Several magical families have lived in a small village on the coast of Cornwall for generations. Years ago, the families were persecuted for their power, but now the last descendants can practice their magic without being judged for it, and they have small businesses in which they use their power for the benefit of the people. Avery, the protagonist, has a bookstore.

One night, she has a premonition. Something bad is going to happen, and soon. She's
T.J. Green
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Buried Magic is the first in my new series, and I just loved writing it! I wanted to write something contemporary and still fantastical, so urban fantasy was the way to go. I love magic and witchcraft; it’s a fascinating topic for many reasons. Magic has been with us for thousands of years, and it will be for thousands more I’m sure, as will people’s fascination with witchcraft.

In the 16th and 17th century hundreds of people were persecuted in the belief they were witches, and this is where I
Mererid Evanna
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is about what happens when a bunch of modern-day witches who just want "to protect people, make them happy, tap into nature, live at one with [their] surroundings" are attacked by a demon out of medieval legend. The setting, a Cornish coastal town rich in folklore, is quite charming. The approach to magic is respectful and traditional, and the hereditary witches have some amazing abilities, especially when they start to get serious. The members of the group are mostly in their late ...more
Kaye
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC READ!!!
Oh my word. Talk about putting some distance between you and bad news. This is one exciting, action packed, fast paced, pulse racing, heart pounding, smooth flowing wonder that grabs our attention as Green brings this bad boy screaming to life and action. You get all the suspense, fear, deceit, betrayal, uncertainty and down right disgust. When push comes to shove don't count the little guy out. That's the only one you find your self trusting. All the twists and turns, ups and
B. Fleetwood
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4&1/2 Stars rounded up to 5.
Buried Magic was an engaging, exciting and action packed read. The story is centred on Avery, a white witch, and the small group of other witches in White Haven (an invented town in Cornwall) who slowly become both friends before teaming up to challenge a dark presence that threatens their quiet seaside town. As Avery finds herself falling for Alex, she also starts to uncover secrets of the group's ancestry and the old magic of their past.
A great mix of
Elisa
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried Magic was my first read by TJ Green and it won't be my last I was enjoying this book so much I was only 1/4 of the way through when I went back and purchased every other book this author has written that's how much I was enjoying it...
A small town full of history, witch history... Families with grounding ties to the town and its magical history, great character's I'm dying to get to know better, intriguing storylines that left me satisfied and still wondering at the same time...

Seriously
Erika
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hits all my spots, magic, living a normal life, researching your history/looking for something hidden and of course, action. The characters are well written and fleshed out, the story flows so well sleep was delayed in order to read the next chapter, and the next, and the next. The ending leaves us with questions that propels us to the next book. Fantasy and history mix to create a world hidden in everyday life.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Michelle Shemon
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buried Magic
White Haven Witches Book 1
TJ Green

I just loved this book. Once I started it I could not put it down. The core family witches of White Haven have secrets they don't even know about, and someone is coming for them so they better figure out when they are now!! I just love Avery, and watching her as she dances around Alex is great.You can just feel the tension in the pages of the book. Poor Briar though. I can see her future there though. The twists are all over, and the shocks really
Debbie Eyre
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love a good well written urban fantasy with a twist of romance and plenty of magic then you will love this, the White Haven Witches Series.
Well written I was hooked from the start with its awesome storyline mixed with magic and fantasy. Filled with tons of mystery, intrigue and suspense, I am eagerly waiting to read book 2!

Shweta Beriwal
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The death of an old lady opens Pandora's box for Avery and her friends, 5 powerful witches who connect with 5 different elements.

A fast paced story full of intriguing twists n turns. I have seldom seen magic, mystery, relations, emotions all weaved so beautifully in a story.

A must read for those who enjoy paranormal fiction.

Lorella Piras
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried Magic is the start of a new, promising series by TJ Green . this is a great story
It has a great story progression, development of characters and interweaving of historical events.
I enjoyed the scene descriptions, and the twist and turns on the investigating detective.
I also liked the historical references.
I'm really looking forward to following this series as it progresses.

Scarolet Ellis
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buried Magic byTJ Green is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one and a wonderful start to a brand new series that I fell so in love with. I love reading about magic and this is a wonderful start and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic and I can not wait to read book number two.

Fiona Andrew
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous start to a new series. Full of witches, magic, demons and a search for the witch families past. A local historian passes away and leaves Avery a letter and an old rune covered box. This is the start of the search, unfortunately it also brings them to the attention of people who believe they are owed something from the witches of the past. Can’t wait to read the next book. Highly recommend.
Tanya
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witches keep leaving but why? She was never told and when he returns after being away she may need to help him. He needs her help when he begins to have visions. What is going on? Will she be able to help him? Will they solve what is going on? Follow them and see

John Colley
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit frustrating

Nothing was really resolved in this book and it just kind of stopped. Also, a key character died and it was written about with so little feeling and I wondered if I should care because it felt like the author didnt. Maybe these things wil be resolved in the next book; I havent decided if I'm bothered enough to read it.
Reena
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A unique take on magic and modern day witches. The book captivated my from start to finish. It was action packed, with a side of romance, and wonderful plot and characters. I'm looking forward to the next book of the series!!!

Wendy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book with good characters and a nail-biting plot. This is a book that is quite hard to review without giving spoilers, but I do recommend reading it. A lot of action and good character building but I was left a bit disappointed by too many loose ends. I would like to read book 2 and I hope it has a more satisfactory conclusion. Knocked off a star for the cliffhanger.
Alan Boggs
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the book for an honest review. It is another great story by a great author. The book is very well written and edited it is fast paced. My only complaint is I wish it did not end. I couldn't put it down and lost sleep. Enjoy it
Wanda Siesicki
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely awesome book! I love stories about witches and magic and this one didn't disappoint. I will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. I volunteered a honest review in exchange for an ARC copy of this book.
Alyssa
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not going to give a bunch of details about this book because you have to read it to understand how good it really is. If you like witches, magic, and mystery then get this book and plan on a long night. You will not want to put it down and will be ready for the next one.
Miss Piggy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I loved this! It grabbed me from the first page, kept me til the last and enthralled me in between. Well worth your time to read it.
Suzanne G
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced well written book about 5 modern day good witches who must find their inheritance's while preventing a preventing an evil witch from finding them first. The threat from the evil witch starts off low key but quickly escalates.

Eagerly awaiting the next book.
Kimberly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good paranormal romance read. The story flows seamlessly. The characters are good. The story is an unique, and an intriguing read.

Quilting Tangent
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful new series to explore. The White Haven Witches are good witches, that now have to fight demons. Hopefully by digging into their heritage they will find the power they need to defeat the demons. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• All Hallows' Magic (White Haven Witches Book 4)
  • Long Lost Magic (Thorne Witches, #6)
  • Cunning Devil (Lost Falls #1)
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Rekindled Magic (Thorne Witches, #5)
  • Pay Dirt (Lost Falls #2)
  • Tooth and Nail (Lost Falls #3)
  • Autumn Magic (Thorne Witches, #2)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 1)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar Book 3)
  • Spring Magic (Thorne Witches, #4)
  • Winter Magic (Thorne Witches, #3)
  • Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 2)
  • The 13th Witch (The King's Watch, #1)
  • The Fallen Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic #2)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • Harley Merlin and the Mortal Pact (Harley Merlin, #9)
  • Haunted And Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
I write books about magic and mystery, and myths and legends, and they're action packed!

My YA series, Tom's Arthurian Legacy, is about a teen called Tom and his discovery that he is a descendant of King Arthur. It's a fun-filled clean read with a new twist on the Arthurian tales.

My new series is adult urban fantasy and is called White Haven Witches. It's packed with magic, action, and a little bit

White Haven Witches (3 books)
  • Magic Unbound (White Haven Witches Book 2)
  • Magic Unleashed (White Haven Witches Book 3)