Start by marking “Exmas” as Want to Read:
Exmas

Exmas

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,281 ratings  ·  322 reviews
This Christmas, I’ll be getting a visit from a man in a suit, only it won’t be Santa.

Let me first say: Reed York was never my boyfriend. He was the pen. I was the company ink. Though if you want to get technical, we were more like colleagues-who-hated-each-other … with benefits.

Everything was fine until the charming jerk went behind my back, stole my promotion, and becam
Kindle Edition
Published November 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Exmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exmas

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Exmas
Alex ♈

A second chance based on misunderstanding is normally not quite my coppa, but this one was done good.

Smart, sassy heroine, who could hold a grudge - I liked her (apart from some moments of drooling rodeo).

Ok hero, who was cold and distant, but fortunately didn't reach the status of asshole.

Interesting, but, IMO, a bit bizzare plot.

Safe. Both were celibate during separation.

P.S. My mom would definitely not invite my male colleague to stay at our home for Christmas. Who would???! 🤔
I di
Dilek VT
Maybe, I shouldn't have marked it as "read" because I couldn't stand it so after page 60, I just skimmed & scanned the rest of the book to see what caused their separation. I couldn't even read the Epilogue - I was so bored!

***********************************************

The book was B.O.R.I.N.G as hell for me because of the way it is written. With likable characters such as Reed & Joa, this could have been a much better book but the way it is written killed it for me.

We are basically thrown into
Carol
3.5 stars.🌟🌟🌟
Fast read. Second chance romance.
And for once, I really enjoyed how the MC's story played out in flashbacks. It definitely worked for me (I often find that to be an annoying and distracting factor in books).
The storyline was a little unusual as well in terms of the MC's relationship prior to their breakup (not really friends with benefits but not very traditional either) - also a positive for me in terms of holding my interest and it felt uniquely original.
This was a win-win rea
Bindi Boo
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

SO SO GOOD!
Super romantic and I loved the plot. An arrogant, sexy man with commitment issues is the one that makes the effort the second time round. What started off as friends with benefits end up being the best thing to happen.
Anna
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pleasant short read.
Faithful MCs
No cheating, no OP scenes
I didn't feel the chemistry between them....
2.75 stars.

Not as frivolous as I was expecting, this one surprised me a bit. I liked the dual povs, the safety factor of this story, the lack of OP drama, and a strong h who didn't bow to her libido. Strangely enough, I didn't mind that the author kept using flashbacks to tell the story. Normally I can't stand that technique, but it didn't bother me here.

One star for a strong h, one star for a safe story, and three fourths of a star for the easy to read, engaging storytelling.
Ellie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Another case where the story's synopsis was catnip but the story itself was...well...

Exmas wasn't a bad book. But it was a fairly boring book. Although it was well-written and featured well-developed and engaging leads in Joa and Reed, it ultimately was too slow and sterile. After reading the blurb, I expected fiery and bright sparks to rival the holiday season. I expected the passion and the pain of lovers-turned-enemies finding their way back to each other amid workplace drama. I...didn't get
Myla
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Reed and Joa, two consenting adults decided to hook up to relieve the obvious sexual tension. The chemistry between the sheets is hot off the chart. They have this non-commital relationship that continues for almost a year until the unexpected happens. Joa decided to transfer from their L.A. office to Chicago, just to get away from Reed. I know what he did, but no I won't spoil it for you. You'll just have to meet Reed and know his reason for why he did what he did.

Exmas defines what romance is
Alaina
Meh.

Exmas was an okay book. In it, you will meet Reed and Joa. They are a pretty boring couple if I'm being honest. I liked them but they were kind of forgettable. Throughout the book, these two are on a roller coaster of a relationship. First they were together and then suddenly one day - they were both single. No idea as to why that happened but a year later - they are back in each other's lives.

The whole switch from past to present was okay. I wasn't really engaged with these characters so I
Sara Oxton
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exmas by Winter Renshaw a five-star read you won’t want to forget. This one had it all, romance, drama, heat and twists and turns to keep you guessing. I loved the little dips into the past between chapters, it just added something really special to the whole story. Reed York, I really didn’t like you at times, even though I loved you in the end. I was so engrossed in this story I could feel the snowy wind of my face, I was in Chicago getting blown away. What a great story, perfect for Christmas ...more
Stacey Timmons
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joa Jolivet and Reed York!

Joa is new to LA and she has her dream job working in cryptocurrency. She just started at Genisis Financial Securities. She becomes part of a team and Reed York is also part of that team. And it's instant lust. They start a friends with benefits relationship and they have a list of rules that they must follow.

Months later, Joa is up for promotion but Reed swoops in at the last minute and takes the position right out from under her. Which she's not happy about and trans
Julia
3.5 Stars.
Good not great. It was missing a certain amount of steam. By the time the couple got together I was already burned out on their story.
JewelsyGoolsy
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Magali
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful second chance
After hesitating for a long time, I rated 4 stars because the characters are good, the story is well written, but in the end, the slow reconquest of the hero was for me too cute, or too slow, I don't know. In general, I really like the stories of Winter Renshaw, but I missed a little something in the end.
It's definitely tender in a story of the type enemies who become lovers, but it lacks spice in the exchanges, mainly when the heroine hates the hero. An interesting point
Barrie Mac
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a steamy, sexy read. Before we find out what happened and why, I thought it was obvious after a while. But the way we get there was awesome. With an agreed benefits only relationship, Reed and Joa don't realize that they reach a place they need to change their relationship til it's too late. This was a great read.

My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read.
Debbie DiFiore
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reed is a Keeper

This is a wonderful story. I loved the hero so much. I really loved the heroine too. They broke up a year ago, well actually she left him because she thought he betrayed her and now it is a week before Christmas and he is auditing their branch. He is an awesome hero. I loved everything about him. He stays at her family house and even plays Barbie with her twin nieces. I loved that scene. I won't go into the plot as many before have done and far better than I could have, but I def
Sassafrass
I actually liked this one more than I thought I would. I'm not usually a fan of enemies to lovers but this book was more than that. And I actually liked the "past" vignettes that gave the story a more fleshed out feeling. The author made a note in the beginning of the story that you could skip them and still get the full story but I think they were enlightening.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a nice Christmas story. Joa and Reed knew each other from their past job. They had a fling and refused to call it dating. Although, they both had wanted more. A misunderstanding happens and all hell breaks loose with their relationship. A year later they see each other and after time they get their HEA.
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Is anyone else in “read all the holiday romance” mode or is it just me? Since the first snow of the year, right before Thanksgiving, I’ve been in the mood. So, I decided there was no need to fight it and promptly began knocking books off my TBR. Exmas was a newer addition to my TBR, but I’ve wanted to read it since I first read the blurb. It so did not disappoint. In fact, once I started reading it, I couldn’t put it down.

I found Exmas to be a
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Shelves: arc-love
Exmas is my first Winter Renshaw and it won't be my last (so I suppose that it's a great thing that I have quite a few of her books waiting for me on my Kindle already)! This was the delicious second-chance romance that I needed to cleanse my palette after reading a rather unsatisfying one earlier this week. It did everything that the other book did not: provided a dual first person POV so that we got some insight into both of the characters' feelings and motivations PLUS we got multiple flashba ...more
Theresa
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for this book. Joa and Reed meet when she joins the firm as an employee, they are both on the same team. They begin a "friends with benefits" relationship. They both agree that they don't any commitments. Joa applies for a promotion and is given the impression that the job would be hers when the interview process was completed. The morning of the announcement, Reed discovers that there is a problem. He agrees to take the promotion in order to protect Joa. Joa assumes that he ha ...more
Jessica Wannamaker
Joa is climbing the corporate ladder in crypocurrency all while enjoying a casual but mongomous physical relationship with Reed- nothing more then a friendship with benefits. Until he took her promotion.

Unknown to her he was saving her and beginning investigation into fraud...but does that change her hatred towards him for taking the job and therefore ending what little relationship they had?

I liked this book, page turner- I had to know if they were truly nemisis or just hurt, running and hidi
Isha Coleman
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
It's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. Exmas is a duel of hearts. Will they or won't they? Should they or shouldn't they? Joa and Reed are caught up in an epic battle of wills that could cost them their chance at a happy ending. Renshaw is the queen of bait and switch. Just when things are falling into place, the rug is pulled out from under you. Sexy meets sassy and creates magic.
Christine Reese
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Office romance passionate friends with benefits story that will have you not wanting to put the book down. The chemistry between Joa & Reed is electric, both are smart and enthusiastic about what they do. Another fantastic book by Winter Renshaw a must read and you it will not disappoint. ...more
A.M.
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5🌟
I think this is my 3rd book by winter renshaw and I can truly say that she's my go-to-author because her books composed on minimal things that I need in a book to make it on my 3☆ and above list, not to short, compact enough to have emotions, background of characters and if there's a characters that I cared than it's a plus point.
Gladys
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. A well written, entertaining storyline grabbed and held my interest well. I liked both characters and their chemistry. Joa and Reed's book has quite a bit of drama and emotional turmoil. The friends with benefits to second chance, enemies to lovers plot was fun and engaging. A very good read! This is my honest and totally voluntary review.
FERVENTREADS
This was a cute read. Nothing too heavy about it. The story is about a Reed and Joa who were separated after a misunderstanding. After a year apart, Reeds sets out to get his girl and after bumpy ride the two finally clear things between them.
Lauren
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 ”eh” stars

Not a bad book, just didn’t really hold my attention...
Judy Lewis
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING!!!
Title: The Executive (formerly titled Exmas)
Author: Winter Renshaw
Designation: Full-Length, Standalone, Contemporary Holiday Romance #secondchance #enemiestolovers
My Rating: Four Delightfully Entertaining Stars****
Once Thanksgiving rolls around, I always find myself in the mood to gorge on holiday stories and Exmas caught my eye. Winter Renshaw has been one of my favorite go-to authors for years, especially when I'm in the mood for a sweet contemporary romance with a

• Hotshot Doc
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • Nothing Personal
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Only Love (One and Only, #3)
  • Make Me Bad
  • Hate Notes
  • Late Night Kisses
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • We Shouldn't
  • Luna and the Lie
  • I Bet You
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • Down Under (Aussies, #2)
  • Dirty Headlines
  • I Hate You
  • Dear Ava
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)

News & Interviews

“I should’ve been looking for the antidote to Reed York. Instead, I found myself looking for a replacement. Or at least someone to give me a fix.” 0 likes