Start by marking “Monster Till Midnight” as Want to Read:
Monster Till Midnight

Monster Till Midnight

What if you staged the best haunted house in the history of the holiday, but nobody came?

Brady is prepared with mounds of treats, stellar special effects, and an extraordinary welcome for the throngs of trick-or-treaters he expects in his first year at his new place—a gloriously gothic house with the reputation for really being haunted! But the trick’s on Brady
Published October 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Monster Till Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Till Midnight

Start your review of Monster Till Midnight
Len Evans Jr
Wow... this is just wonderful. I certainly hope the author decides to add more Rej & Brady adventures as I will gobbled them up as fast as she can release them. Considering this is a fairly short book I am seriously impressed by the amount of world-building the author managed in it. She has created an awesome adversary for the two to battle. Loved, loved, loved and loved this book!!!!
Serena Yates
Between Rej, an interdimensional officer of the law recently demoted to interdimensional creature control, and Brady, a perfectly normal human trapped in a totally not-normal Halloween costume, this is a hilarious story that involves not just alternate dimensions, but also includes multiple time streams, techno-magic, and a cross-dimensional villain threatening to destroy it all.

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
~nikki the recovering book addict
This was fun, fun, fun!!! Wish we had more time in this universe.
Kim
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great little mm story in the theme of Halloween. Time travel and other elements. A fun story. This is a new to me author and I’ll read her again.
Didi
Very short, cute, fluffy Halloween read with a pair of adorkable characters. Not too solid world building, but I got the gist and enjoyed the story nonetheless.
Shirley
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great spooky read! I don’t think I’m the only reader who will be longing for more after finishing this one 😉 Though I have to admit that I’m a sucker for E.J. Russell’s quirky, sometimes adorably awkward characters.

Rej was adorable in a gruff, all business sort of way and so was Brady. The twist that this one took was fun and the world building with such a short story was fantastic. Also, I’m not a “judge a book by its cover” reader, but this one is such a perfect fit for the
Monika

I love this quirky, full of snark little Halloween story. Even though this sort of takes place at Halloween - I say sort of because it's Brady's Halloween but for Rej it could be any time or place in his dimensional/ time jumping life - it's a great little read at any time of the year.

Brady and Rej are great MCs, I felt a spark between them right from the start. Poor sweet Brady, how awful am I for laughing at his predicament but I couldn't help it, it was hilarious!

Monster Till Mid
FairyG
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute short story [spoilers]

Cute and funny but very short. I loved the miscommunications and the different perspectives.

The only negative (apart from the length) was the ending, it makes sense if this story will be a prequel but otherwise the motivation behind the ending makes me sad, Rej's only reason for visiting in that scenario would be if something had happened to his new partner and he couldn't say what he wanted to say to his partner so he goes and says it to Brady. Hopefully this will mak
Katherine
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very fun short with a fascinating world and a fluid ending that leaves an opening for more! Brady is just trying to run a haunted house in his own house but nothing is going right. When his temp shows up Rej is dressed wrong and acting odd- not that it matters when the night is a bust. But when a unique costume malfunction happens Brady realizes Rej may have something more going on, and it's not a prank.

Rej is at first a very gruff character, but he eases as he learns more about th
Tam
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has a bit of everything, Halloween, magic, time travel, dancing, haunted houses, candy corn. The cover is perfect and I really loved Brady and how he dealt with the whole thing, he was just an adorable character who was coping as best he could under the circumstances. I did find the whole time travel thing at the end confusing and I found that Rej started out completely out of his depth then seemed to suddenly understand everything. But the squirreltopus was a cute touch. It was just a real ...more
Morgan  Skye
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
I wish this had been full length! I loved this so much! It was clever, with some fabulous twists in it and loads of laughs!

It was a minute to read, but I wish that we had more time with these characters and their discovery of love that is more hinted at than explored.

In any case – highly recommended for a quick, fun, Halloween read!
Allison
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, free, shorts
This was really cute and silly in the best way. Only peripherally about Halloween but still fit perfectly. Fully realized world even though it's a short story.

Fun, sweet, and believable love story set both on earth and beyond. Definitely worth the read.
Shelley Chastagner
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Halloween short story. Rej and Brady clicked and I enjoyed watching them try to figure out what all was going on with Brady and his house. Loved the ending.
Tori Thompson
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun and quirky little story!
Andrea
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I like E.J. Russell's writing but I didn't like this book. A totally objective review would rate it higher but...
Beth Laycock
A little bizarre (all I’m gonna say is squirreltopus ha ha), a little funny, & a fantastic short story!
Tailtiu
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: free
2,5*
Jaimed
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

This is a chute, short, Halloween story. Sci-fi-ish with fun characters. I wish it was longer or that another story was written about their journey to catch the bad guy.
Joe McGowan
This was quite the fun read.
Lj
Oct 31, 2018
Anverie
Jun 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Upside Down
  • New in Town (Out of Uniform, #6.5)
  • Blasphemy!
  • A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series, #3.5)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Holly and Oak (Familiar Spirits, #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Love at Lupine Bakery (Trillium Creek, #1)
  • The Mage on the Hill (The Web of Arcana #1)
  • Arctic Sun (Frozen Hearts, #1)
  • Hexhunter (Hexworld #4)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Izzy and the Right Answer
  • Lumber Jacked (Rainbow Cove, #2.5)
  • His Spark
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
E.J. Russell –grace, mother of three, recovering actor–writes romance in a rainbow of flavors. Count on high snark, low angst and happy endings.

Reality? Eh, not so much.