Start by marking “His Darkest Craving” as Want to Read:
His Darkest Craving

His Darkest Craving

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  470 ratings  ·  54 reviews
The secluded forest cabin was meant to give Sophie a place to hide, to heal, and to be safe.

But from the moment she arrives, she’s not alone. She glimpses dark shapes from the corner of her eye, feels phantom touches, and her dreams are filled with seductive shadows. What she first mistakes for delusions of her traumatized mind soon prove to be so much more…

An ancient, m
Published October 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about His Darkest Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Darkest Craving

Bubbles The Book Pimp
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, fantasy, fairytale
Standalone book by the ultimate writer duo.

Fleeing an abusive and damaging relationship, Sophie hides herself away in the woods... it’s her chance for a fresh start... it’s isolated and peaceful and a place for her to heal. Despite being alone, Sophie doesn’t feel alone... for there is a presence.. and entity in the woods.. and he is watching her.

A darker more eroticically themed book, filled with all the originality and feels that this duo bring to all their books. Packed full of suspense and
Kelly
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you just need a good "mysterious entity in the woods wants the lady who's entered his domain" type of story, right? Maybe it's just me. Regardless, Sophie and Cruce's story hit the spot.

She's putting herself back together after a brutal attack that left her mentally scarred and physically damaged. He's more than half wild and he's nearly forgotten the man he once was. Things could have gone MUCH differently, but, well, Cruce reined in his darker side and Sophie decided to trust her gut
Stephaniec
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5*
Astrid Miles
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Astrid’s Description: Sounded cheesy, but turned out to be pretty decent.

The storyline wasn’t some brilliantly new idea, however, it was well done and did keep me interested. A plus is I mostly didn’t get annoyed by the Main Character. I did a little though, but that was just me being dumb. You see she was a victim of abuse, and although I don’t have experience with spousal abuse, I do have some with with other types. It bothered me that my reactions did not always line-up with the MC. However,
Vicki Finley
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, depth, passion, lust, and love, all wrapped in a fantasy pack that calls to the wild side. Yum.

I loved the depth of the characters and the intensity of the emotions they exude. The desires, fears, and joys expressed by the characters here are palpable and moving.

I was moved very strongly by the trials Sophie endured, I could tell that someone who actually experienced such horrors and fought through them had a hand in their expression here. But our heroine is stronger than she appears, and
Mary Lee
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Story

This was a really enjoyable story. I wasn't sure I would like it. A smoke creature doesn't sound that great, but this guy is very much more than a smoke creature. He's been cursed and before that he was the guardian of the forest. His domain and all in it which Sophie now is. Sophie came to the middle of nowhere to hide from her abusive ex. I took off one star because she did a really stupid thing that brought a psycho to her door. Actually a few. Then I really would have liked to
lauren
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yummy darkness

Good Lord that was freaking amazing!!!! Tiffany Roberts never disappoints with writing books about sexy mythical creatures her steamy stories always seem to revolve around, she has a wonderful way of making you question your sexuality, and what you find hot, it's happened to me many times. Lol. this book captured me from the very beginning, a broken women finding herself with a dark Forrest entity, and a dark Forrest entity finding something he was even looking for, and in the end
Ria Arnold
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love His Darkest Craving.

Hiding from her abusive husband Tyler, Sophie moved into a house out in the woods, miles away from her ex. Shortly arriving at the log cabin, she has the feeling of being watched. Cruce is the Lord of the Forest who was cursed by the Queen of the Fae for breaking his word. Cruce is drawn to Sophie, but does not know why. Sophie is attracted to Cruce, but due to being abused she fears him.

I love the interaction between the two. The growth of the characters as
Wendy
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lord of the Forest

I enjoyed this story of a Fae Queen's curse on the Lord of the Forest
He is now only mist, a fog - he needs to feed on the life force of the living to survive.
Sophie needs to heal... Needs to hide from her abusive husband. She moves into a cabin in the woods far enough away from her old life. She feels that she is being watched... It has to be her fear, right?
Cruce watches Sophie with a need so fierce he can't quite understand why he hasn't fed from her
Can these two find love?
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkly Sensual

This book was amazing!

Cruse, our hero, is the Lord of the forest. He’s been cursed for the last 200 years. He is literally a shadow of his former self. Trapped as a shade, surviving on the life force of others. His existence is cold until Sophie enters his forest. She is trying to reclaim her life after escaping an abusive husband. She feels something watching her in the forest, a presence. But it doesn’t frighten her, instead she is drawn to it.

Read this if you want a darkly se
Genni pratt
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I love this writing duo. I love all their books, and this one did not disappoint. Writing is good and there are only a few typo issues but they did not detract from the story.
I have to say, very unique story line. I’ve yet to read something similar and was pleasantly surprised. The characters had good chemistry, and the climactic ending was, while anticipated, was unexpected.
Highly recommend this book.
SuperHeroCatLady
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kristy
This was good. I read some of the reviews and so many people talked about how great this book was I was sort of expecting more. Don't get me wrong it was good. But I shouldn't have read reviews before hand.

I liked the description of Cruce, with his antlers, I really liked that. It set him apart from many of the other characters out there. I also really liked being in Cruce's head. Experiencing his thoughts about Sophie and how it changed with every moment he spent with her.
Erica Crawford
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The lord of the forest

In this story we follow Sophie as she moves to a remote cabin in the woods. She recently filed divorce from her abusive ex and wants to start over. In the forest there is a being that is watching and craving her. We get to watch him win her trust and their relationship grow. I like how protective he is of her. There is much more to the story but you'll need to read it to find out. I really enjoyed this book.
Jannie Cv
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A most unusual sanctuary - very exciting!
If you’re looking for a very unusual and spooky night-time treat, this is the book to read. Our heroine manages to break free from her 5-year ‘situation,’ but soon finds herself in the position to trust (or not) another male. Some of what happens here required quite a stretch of the imagination for me. 👀 😁 An eventful and unique romance!
Maria
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Lady

Wow!!! What a great story. This story drew me in and did not release my mind and emotions till the very end. This writer really knows how to write emotions and human feelings. Sophie is a great character struggling to overcome mental and physical abuse. I loved the cover art and it fit the story perfectly. I will read more from this author.
Vickie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well not quite what I expected but not too bad. I like how the story started but was a bit disturbed by the ending. So many unanswered questions. What about Kate? All these missing people and no investigation? Could she continue to write now that she has claws? I feel like we only got part of the story so I'm still sorting out my feelings on this one.
Brenna Joyce
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad! Sophie was just ok. Cruce was...more than ok. It wasn’t was of those books that you couldn’t put down, but it kept my attention for the most part. Kind of predictable and the end felt kind of rushed, but overall a decent fantasy type read. Would love to have read more of what happened after the end.
Casie
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

I just wished this story's ending had more clarity, it was kind of murky. I mean we get our happy ever after, but the last 2-3 chapters are murky at best and needed fleshed out a bit more for me to truly appreciate the ending. However, the rest of the book was fairly good and was an interesting read.
Nancy
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually read dark books, but this His Darkest Craving was a pleasant surprise. Cruce is dark and sensual. Sophie is broken, but resilient. Will she let him in? Cruce says she is his. Will she put aside her fear long enough to feel? You’ll definitely want to find out! “One-click” this intriguing novella by Tiffany Roberts. Halloween was a great time to release this haunting tale! 4 stars!
lebedeva/  stop killing villains 2019
I enjoyed this a lot. This book features heroine recovering from abusive relationship and mysterious, sensual Forest Spirit. I thought that concept is so unique.

Sometimes the Spirit takes over chapters and brings attention to important problems like pollution of the environment and the way some people treat animals with cruelty.
I loved the ending.

Brittany
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing short read

I chose this book on a whim. It fell within the genres that I normally read, so I went with it. I thoroughly enjoyed Sophie and Cruce! The only downsides to the book for me where not knowing what happened between Sophie and Kate afterwards anddddd the book ending.
Eyke
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Shortish story/Novella

Loved this short but well developed story. The characters were well developed which is usually hard to do in a short story. Secondary characters were perfect too-right amount of development and added to the furtherance of the plot without being distracting. The ending was perfect not cliched but still satisfying!!!
queenbuderfly
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very original

A must read for all paranormal romance book readers. This is my first book by Tiffany Roberts and I'm definitely hooked. I'm really hoping to get more of this, maybe a series! Fingers are crossed
Karen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book it's one of those books that once you start you can't put down, so much fun the "Lady of the Forest" is a true survivor and her part was written with heart and love, the Lord well he is just dammmmnnnn yummy, a must read for Tiffany Roberts lovers.
Marishka
Safety - (view spoiler)
Cindy Mahoney
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow,beautifully unique

Paranormal romance is now back on my preferred reading list after this unique,mysterious,touching,atmospheric tale. And did I say mention the steam emitting from certain pages? It is definitely a wow,please one click,for sure!
Michelle Maye
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great novel

I chose this rating because it was a really great novel. Omg, I hope there's another novel to continue the main characters happily ever after. This is a must read for fans of Tiffany Roberts. I definitely recommend reading this book.
Magenta Phoenix
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever

The only complaint I have about this book is that it wasn't longer. Loved this book so much I never wanted it to end! It reminded me of a modern day meets Pan from midnight summers dream with a dark twist. Again LOVE IT!
Bridgett Thomas
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Wonderfully written if I do say so. This was an amazing read and the description written in this book was wonderful. I felt like I was there myself. I look forward to reading more.
Tiffany Roberts is the pseudonym for Tiffany and Robert Freund, a husband and wife writing duo. Tiffany was born and bred in Idaho, and Robert was a native of New York City before moving across the country to be with her. The two have always shared a passion for reading and writing, and it is their dream to combine their mighty powers to create the sorts of books they want to read. They live in so ...more