Start by marking “Protect and Obey (Rich and Royal Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Protect and Obey (Rich and Royal Book 2)

Protect and Obey

(Rich and Royal #2)

Catriona: Dav might be a prince, but he's still a bastard. Not the kind where mama had him out of wedlock, but the "I screwed over my brother and tried to take his crown" kind of bastard. Yeah, that kind. The kind I ought to hate.

Published January 24th 2019 by Flourish Books

To ask other readers questions about Protect and Obey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protect and Obey

LMR
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Jen Katemi & Booksprout
Protect and Obey (Rich and Royal Book 2) by Jen Katemi Protect and Obey (Rich and Royal Book 2) By: Jen Katemi
Great Series With An Awesome Balance Between Drama & S€X¥ Times!!
He May be 'Rich and Royal' with the World at HIS Feet,
But it's Time this Cocky Royal Learns some Gal's are Fighters!
Willin' to GO the Distance... To "Protect and Obey;"
Instead of being used & discarded... Like used up tissues!
When he singled her OUT,
He thought he was gonna work her outta HIS system...
Li'l did he know, she'd work her way straight to his HEART,
Karen Roma
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Protect and Obey is the second instalment in Jen Katemi’s Rich and Royal series and reintroduces readers to the self-serving, entitled and less than honourable Prince Davide. At the end of book one, it was debatable whether this arrogant man had any redeeming qualities and where Ms Katemi would go when faced with telling his story. But as with any true romance, the bad guy is often misunderstood and somewhat self-loathing and Davide definitely fits this persona perfectly.

I enjoyed the plot, whic
Keema Osborne
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got to say this book is amazing. I love how as annoying Prince Davide may be Catriona respected him, then slowly she saw the many sides of him. In return Dav fell for Catriona who was the opposite of the women he normally dated. Not only that but their romance sheds light on how the Queen Dowager made Davide feel as if he don’t matter. It also introduces Princess Isabella into mix by wanting Cat to be with her brother. One of the reasons I love this story is that his siblings Thinks she is goo ...more
Linda
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. An arrogant prince! His female body guard! What could go wrong? Or, better, what could go right? For me, everything about this book was just right! Characters, plot, steaminess, all were just right! Well, maybe just one thing was not just right! A too-short read! I wanted more of Catriona and Davide!
BP34
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Rich and Royal Series but can be read as a standalone. A steamy romance with a royal flair. Plenty of drama, suspense, and chemistry that's over the top. He's rich, he's royal and he's arrogant. She's the opposite of him and she's his bodyguard. Off limits and taboo but oh so much attraction. Well defined characters and a steamy storyline. I read a reader copy via Booksprout and voluntarily chose to review.
Amy
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slick, quick and steamy. This is fraught with past intrigue and menace lurking around the corner. But a happy ending ensures a good ending.

Kimberly
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good steamy romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a good quick, steamy, and is a stand alone romance read.

Sandy S
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 24, 2019

So why am I letting him get close enough to affect me this way? Why does my body crave his touch, when everything inside is screaming the exact opposite?

Run, Cat. Run.

Davide: Cat is nothing like my usual kind of lover
S
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I normally enjoy this author’s work, for some reason the Rich & Royal Series is just not making much of an impression as this author’s other work has in the past for me.

Catriona/Cat is part of the protective service guarding the royals and Davide/Dav is the twin brother of the soon to be king. These two seem to enjoy striking sparks off of each. Neither knows why the other has gotten under their skin but the growing mutual attraction is causing a bit of a problem for them both.

They both hav
Kathy M
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Davide is one messed up royal. His brother is the King, and everyone knows that Davide tried to ruin his brothers chance of becoming the King. Although his brother forgives him, the rest of the country doesn't. He has a female bodyguard named Cat. After seeing her workout, he decides to get her to train him. Of course he has reasons for doing this. He's attracted to Cat. Cat thinks Davide is attractive, but she doesn't like him at all. Thinks he's a spoiled, pampered royal. There is an attempt o ...more
Rhonda Hicks
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davide has always been the disposable son, born twelve minutes after his twin, Kasper. He's a complex man with many layers but the one on top is blatant disregard and sarcasm. He's also known as a ladies man, that's why he keeps the apartment in town.
Catriona has been assigned to the team that guards the Royal family. Well, that is, until Davide has commanded she personally be his guard and show him some of the moves she practices.
This is the first book of Jen Katemi I've read, so I had no idea
HEATHER
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cat is a member of the security detail for the royal family and as part of her job she is giving Crown Prince Davide coaching on self defense. However there is more going on than self defense between the two of them. Cat is nothing like the type of women Davide usually is seen with but something about her "no nonsense" approach makes him want to disrupt the calm exterior she show to him. The more time he spends with her the more attracted he becomes until he confronts her forcing her to admit he ...more
Kim
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't often read steamy romance. But when I do, I turn to my favourite steamy romance author Jen Katemi. Somehow she mixes lots of sex (LOTS!) with a great story, well-rounded characters and a light sensual touch. In the Rich and Royal series she has really nailed steamy romance with depth, and plot that has you wanting to turn the pages. It's a short read, but a thoroughly enjoyable one. This book makes sense as a standalone, but I think it's richer if you read the 1st story in the book as we ...more
Debra Richardson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is a fantastic read! This is a well written story that is mixed with action, suspense, drama, sadness, humour, witty banter, and so much more. The plot is consistent and realistic. There are so many twists and turns - when I thought the story would go one way it goes another way, thus making it more exciting and engaging. The chemistry between Davide and Catriona is off the charts hot and their sex scenes are hot with sparks flying everywhere. I could not stop reading and at the same t ...more
Lisa
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davide is cocky and arrogant and used to getting what he wants. Catriona his bodyguard despises the type of person he is. I like how both main characters think they want one thing and are actually surprised when they learn more about the other and see that people are sometimes more than what you see on the outside. So much drama and twists and turns in this story I wasn't expecting. When the two finally get together, sparks fly. The two had intense chemistry, and enjoyed reading about their jour ...more
Terry Babb
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She was there to PROTECT him, he wanted her to OBEY!
Dav is royalty, the wannabe king but it's his brother who gets the crown & Dav is resentful. Cat is part of the protecion service hired for the upcoming nuptials of his brother. He desires her as soon as he sees her & arranges for her to be his personal instructor in self defence & his bodyguard. Notwithstanding the fact that she despises him she takes a bullet for him & he is all the more determined to make her his. The relatio
Darcy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prince Davide is the ultimate misunderstood bad boy. After trying to bring down his brother, the King, Davide is not very well liked by many and Cat is tasked with protecting him. Things change as Cat learns more about the man behind the royal title. I loved how she didn't put up with any of his attitude and stood her ground. As his upbringing and history are revealed, you can't help but feel for the unwanted second son. Can't wait to read Isabella's story.

I received a free copy of this book via
Tania
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone
PWow I really enjoyed the storyline. Catriona was a bodyguard for Prince David. Price David was the twin brother to King Kasper and his sister Isabella. The mother was was not nice to Prince David he was the black sheep of the family. Prince David and Cat were getting very close, Prince David asked the King if he could have Cat as his PLUS one the King granted the requst.

I loved reading this book, i will probely read the book a few more times I really did enjoy the book.
Nancy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Protect and Obey the 2nd book in Jen Katemi’s Rich and Royal series is a great read when you don’t have hours but want a compelling story with a HEA. Cat and Prince Davide’s story is the first I’ve read in the series and worked well as a stand alone. Sexy, suspenseful with a side of family drama definitely a book worth reading.

Mrs Hudson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great follow up in the series

This can be read as a stand-alone even though this is the second in the series
Both books are short so starting with the first is recommended

For a short book this still gives good likeable characters, one a prince and one a lass who can kickass (quite literally), throw in a few steamy scenes and it is hard not to like this as a quick read.

Brenda Moser
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick , well written book with a steamy romance. It has strong characters in Cat and Dav , who are opposites in every way. The author packs the story with drama,suspense and enough steam to fog up your kindle. It's both intriguing and entertaining and I loved reading reading their story. I highly recommend this book.

Lynall
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story about a royal bodyguard and the Prince. I love stories with a strong female lead character and Cat is great. The prince is a complex arrogant man, and when he sees one of his security team working out privately he wants to take lessons with her. She falls for him as well. The story is fun and sexy, I adored the prince’s dialogue and character, and Cat is a truly amazing character.

Rhonda
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick, steamy romance

I received an advance reader copy via Booksprout.
Tammy
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series but it can be read as a stand-alone. Prince Davide is the black sheep of the royal family. Catriona is Dav’s bodyguard but can’t stand him, but what will happen when sparks fly between these two. Fast-paced read with great chemistry, plenty of drama and lots of emotion. I was hooked from beginning to end. A good read.
Shannon
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This is the second story in the Rich and Royal series, we follow royal blacksheep of the family, Prince Davide. Cat has been hired as his bodyguard but he falls for the beauty. There is plenty of drama and action in this book, along with emotion and steamy passion. Highly entertaining

Miss
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cat and Dav hate to love each other. It’s clear they share a strong connection but they just can’t stand each other. However when barriers are broken the possibility of a happy ending is right around the corner. I enjoyed reading this story and I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

Lucinda
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the role reversal in this book where the protector is the lead female! It was well written and I truly enjoyed it! I loved how it all played out and I would recommend this book to all!!

tammy rufo
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i loved this and i hated this! lol it was really good, but Davide gets on my last nerve. however, i still ended up loving him. he's good....deep deep down. lol Cat and Dav are a fun couple and this book is really fun to read and well written. would def recommend.
Barbara
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Rich and Royal series a well written book. Catriona is a bodyguard for Prince Davide/Dav there is suspense, drama, danger, stabbing, a villain, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elvira
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a well written short storyline with two amazing leading couple. Book has twist and turns to keep you reading. This was my first book by this author and definitely not my last.

Jen Katemi (aka Jennifer Lynne) is a USA Today Bestselling Author of steamy contemporary romance. Jen is published with Evernight Publishing, Naughty Nights Press, and as Jennifer Lynne with Red Sage. She has also forged a successful indie career starting with her popular GODS OF LOVE and FORBIDDEN series of erotic novellas.

When she’s not writing, Jen works in admin, looks after the family, pamper

Rich and Royal (2 books)
  • Seducing Her Prince (Rich and Royal Book 1)