Start by marking “Fighting For a Second Chance (Fighting, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fighting For a Second Chance (Fighting, #1)

Fighting For a Second Chance

(Fighting #1)

I am an eighteen year old high school graduate who has just experienced my first… well, everything. I would give anything to hold on to Cooper but we made a decision. After thirty hours of falling in lust, after tonight we are parting ways. I am starting college and I can’t be distracted. Besides he has his own life to get back to.
***
The moment I saw her I knew she was th
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 276 pages
Published October 27th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published December 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting For a Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting For a Second Chance

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
☆☆☆☆☆
~LYNZI~
If I could just write that I really, really, liked this book, liked it so much I loved it, then I would. But I highly doubt that would help anyone, and the runner of the blog I review for, wouldn't like it. But I can't find the words to explain exactly how I feel about this one.

It was sweet, but it wasnt.
It was nice, but not.
It was easy, but hard.
It was just crazy amazing.

Lizabeth, or Liz, is finally graduating high school. Soon enough her and her best friend, Kayla, will be spendi
♡Tonya♡
This is what I like to refer to as an "impulse read". I was browsing around and saw this and decided to take the plunge.

This is your classic second chance story. Boy meets girl, spends the next 30 hours having sex and falling for her, leaves on a flight with just a note to say goodbye and regrets not getting contact info. Little did he know, he left more than just her behind. Fast forward 5 years and a second chance encounter is born.

Cooper, for being a successful fighter, was very down on him
Paige
Nov 10, 2016 marked it as never-finished  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, dnf
As much as I loved the premise of the story, I just couldn't connect with it. I DNF at 50%. The drama, which had a promising start, seemed to be a bit overdramatic and the push and pull was kind of frustrating and I didn't totally understand. it The writing style just wasn't for me as it was overly long and I kind of got lost in the words instead of the story.

ARC provided for honest review.
Chantal ❤️
Feb 20, 2017 marked it as read-when-i-am-brainless  ·  review of another edition
NOT FOR ME

Second chance romance is not my thing but when you have a guy who is a wam bam thank you mam kind a guy leaving the heroine without any contact information. Well he is a dick and he doesn't deserve my time or consideration.

Others enjoy but I don't find it romantic and I don't want to read about it.

Hope others enjoy it!
Happy reading!
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below!Sadly, this didn't work for me. It was a personal dislike of the characters and it might not be a problem for other readers (obviously, based on the reviews, I am the only one who felt this way!) See full review on The Book Disciple
Krystle Battle
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC given I exchange for an honest review*

I love reading so much. I Iove getting new books and divorced by into them head first. I love reading books from new authors, too. This book was everything I could have asked for. First off the story was great and the characters were amazing. Liz and cooper meet in Miami after she graduates high school. She goes with her best friend Kayla. I love Kayla, her personality is amazing. Their relationship is so great and their love for each other is perfect.
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
4 Stars

This is the debut novel from Nikki Ash and I thought it was well crafted. I enjoyed the storyline, the hero/ heroine and also some very promising secondary characters that I am very intrigued with for reading in the future.

Liz met Cooper when she was on her last vacation before heading to college. The moment they met they were instantly attracted to each other. The lovebirds were having a fun time – one thing lead to another and Liz ended up spending the night with Cooper. But soon after,
Deb Bishop
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC of Fighting For a Second Chance in return for an honest review. Reviewing on behalf of Triple B's Book Blog.

Nikki Ash has definitely delivered a fabulously good debut book!
In fact, I'd say it's easily one of the best debut novels I have had the pleasure of reading this year!
I literally could not put it down. I devoured it!
It had everything I look for in a second chance romance.
The story starts with Liz who is eighteen, just graduated from high school and off on holiday with h
Rejane
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spazzy
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book! It takes a lot to keep my attention span on a book and I couldn't put it down! Great character development and storyline, kept me anxious throughout the entire book! Amazing love story with a little spice, a must read! Can't wait for book 2, I'm hooked!
Bret Longo
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think you did a amazing job writing this book, I don't read much but once I started reading your book I was drawn in. Great story and looking forward to the next book in the series. Keep up the great work!
Krysten
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I took a chance on this unknown author and I am so glad I did. It is a romance with a slight erotic twist and I love it. I will definitely be reading any other books Nikki Ash publishes!!
Valentine
Feb 28, 2019 marked it as cheap-author  ·  review of another edition
I just want to congratulate the author for her originality and the absolute lack of double standards.

Just kidding.
Jodi - Alpha Loving Erotic Book Beauty Blogger
A fun one night stand turns into so much more for Liz and Cooper.
After graduating hs Kayla and her bff Liz get a week vacation to Miami before hitting the books at college in las Vegas. Liz, would be happy cuddled up with her iPad reading a good book not much of a party girl, but knows how much Kayla wants to get wild with her so she lets her friend take her out and prays the fake id's Kayla got them both doesn't get them caught. Not allowing Liz to wear her own comfy clothes, she makes her get
Helena Bookhooked
This is the debut novel from Nikki Ash and I was just taken by this story and these characters from the beginning.

This was a fab take on a second chance romance, one that really struck me because there was no fault to be found in either party to why they ended up in the situation they did but it was how they dealt with what came next really amped up the story.

Cooper is a MMA fighter he is all tough on the outside but personally his self esteem in regards to relationships is shot to hell, he is a
Anna Green
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I was given an ARC for an honest review*

I am very impressed with this debut novel by Nikki Ash. I love the way the story line developed and how the characters grew up. Not too angsty and there is no predictable drama which is quite refreshing. Although there is a 5 year jump between Liz and Cooper's initial meeting/"more than one night stand" the missing years were later on explained further along the book. The supporting characters made this book more interesting and I suspect the next book ma
Amanda Duce
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As debut novels go this is one of the best I've ever read and is now one of my favourite second chance romances. Liz and Cooper are both fantastic characters and their story is one that will suck you in completely. It not only has the romance, it also has some twists thrown in that I would never have seen coming in a million years. I read this book in one sitting and I haven't done that in a long time.
The secondary characters are also great and a can't wait to read their stories.
Highly recomme
Paula D
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Liz just graduated high school goes with her best friend Kayla to Miami. Liz ends up going to a club and meeting Cooper and they have a 30 hour fling. But what happens when 4 years go by and they end up seeing each other again at a UFC fight? Will Liz tell Cooper the secret she's holding? Will Cooper put his trust and faith in Liz? Such a great book I loved Cooper how he fights for what he wants. I loved Liz such a strong, beautiful woman. Can't wait to read more to this serie ...more
The Magic of Books Blog
Fighting for a Second Chance by Nikki Ash

5 star
Reviewed by Amanda Gibson

Awesome story! I will say about half way through the book I was thinking, this is the hea so why is there still half a book left? But the rest of the book is the best part! What a surprise! I can't wait to see what happens with Kayla next. This book has lots of romance and sweet moments. I was honored to read an ARC of this book.

The Magic of Books Reviewer Amanda Gibson
Samantha Larkin
I'm not a fan of being told what's happening and this is what was happening through Cooper and Liz's story! But it was a solid debut from Nikki Ash! I'm going to give Kayla's story a try when that's released later this month!

I can only cross my fingers and hope that Bentley doesn't mess that up by waving more women in Kayla's face because she dented his ego!

It wouldn't be the best way to convince someone that love exists......by showing them how easily they are replaced!
Carolina Girl and Her Books
Wow did Ms Nikki out do herself when writing this amazing story. Through her writing I was drawn into the characters of Cooper and Liz. Liz and Cooper each have their own secrets and have to learn to have faith and trust in each other to bring out the best in themselves. 5 stars is simply not enough, wish the book never ended.

Can't wait to see what Ms Nikki has next.
Sandi A
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes a lot to keep my interest. If a book doesn't keep me intrigued, I will move on. I must say that when I started to read Fighting For a Second Chance (Fighting,
#1) I couldn't stop! I read every free moment that I had! This is a beautiful love story that has some sexual content. I am really looking forward to the next book of the series! Fantastic job
Nikki Ash!
Amy Robinson
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say this book had me hooked! I felt the characters. I could feel their emotions. They became part of you as you were reading which is something I think is so important in books. This book had me keep reading. Amazing. I loved how she used both sides of each main character. You finish reading and you want MORE!! Definitely an amazing read!
Amanda Gibson
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chyrelle Degala
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given the chance to read an ARC for this book. All I can say is I love this book! I like how the author's message clearly showed in the story that you cannot make everybody happy and that is not your fault so you cannot let the past or anyone dictate your future. You are what you make yourself to be.
Mandy Johnson
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite fighter romances. The author has done a wonderful job with character development and you can't help but cheer for them. The story is well written and will suck you in. I'm highly anticipating book 2 in the series!
Robyn
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Second Chance Stars!

Wow! What a fantastic debut novel! Such a sweet story, with a damn good HEA!!! I'm most definitely looking forward to the other books that follow, in this series!
Lisa
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!! Amazing debut novel.. Beautiful story of second chance love.. Give this book a read..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Can you please add paperback isbn and page numbers? 2 16 Dec 31, 2016 03:28AM

• Secret Child, Royal Scandal (The Sherdana Royals #3)
  • Her Pregnancy Surprise
  • Getting Lucky (Nugget, #5)
  • How To Kill Your Boss - An Erotic Love Story
  • A Limited Engagement (Limitless Love #1)
  • Forgiving History (Freehope #1)
  • The Colonel's Baby
  • An Acute Attraction (The Attraction Series, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Unexpected Proposal (Miami Lawyers #1)
  • The Word Master
  • The Marchese's Love Child
  • Scandal of the Season (The Spinster Club, #4)
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • The Italian's Twin Surprise (The Hart Sisters Trilogy #2)
  • Untamed
  • The Confession
  • The Wedding Secret (Forever Love #3)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Baby Bargain (Greek Billionaires' Brides #1)
Nikki Ash resides in South Florida where she is an English teacher and mom by day and a writer by night. When she’s not writing, you can find her with a book in her hand. From the Boxcar Children to Wuthering Heights to the latest Single Parent Romance, she has lived and breathed every type of book.

Reading is like breathing in, writing is like breathing out. - Pam Allyn

While reading and writing ar

Fighting (4 books)
  • Fighting With Faith (Fighting, #2)
  • Fighting For Your Touch (Fighting, #3)
  • Fighting For Your Love (Fighting #4)
“I know I messed up but I am here now and I am fighting. Just give me a second chance to fight for us. I promise you won't regret it.” 2 likes
“Destined to be with one person, and when we meet that person will know it. It's called fate, and we don't stand a chance against it.” 1 likes