Start by marking “Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)

Sword and Pen

(The Great Library #5)

With the future of the Great Library in doubt, the unforgettable characters from Ink and Bone must decide if it's worth saving in this thrilling adventure in the New York Times bestselling series.

The corrupt leadership of the Great Library has fallen. But with the Archivist plotting his return to power, and the Library under siege from outside empires and kingdoms, its fut
Expected publication: September 3rd 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Sword and Pen, please sign up.
Rosie Lake Amazon now says 3 Sep 2019. Hope it's that not the date written in the details here. I need it now.

Helena of Sparta ✰
I WANT ITTT!!! ... AND I WANT IT NOWWW!!! I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVERRR!!!

description
Bea  Charmed
Fantastic and highly emotional.

Blog tour review 9/4/19.
Iris
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Apparently this:

1 - Wasn't already on my tbr??? Even tho it's one of my most anticipated releases???

2 - Has a cover??? That I had not seen? And that is absolutely gorgeous and I love???
S.E. Anderson
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An epic conclusion to one of my favorite series. I would have read it faster, but I just didn't want it to end!

We pick up immediately where we left off at the end of book four: the Archivist is on the run, and our little rebel family has taken over the great library. Now comes the toughest part: securing their victory. Saving the library from those who would rather destroy it then see it grow.

Unlike the previous books, here we switch POV's constantly. Jess is no longer the center of the tale: t
Britney Dillon
***I received an eARC of this book from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!***

If you asked me what my expectations were for this book, I'm not sure I could actually put them into words, but they were high. Like, sky high. I have been a huge fan of this series from the start. It has everything I love: books, libraries, Egypt, not-so-secret societies, magic, adventure, intrigue, and so much more. Each part of this story has been strong, and I am SO h
Jenny Womack
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to have an ARC given to me by the author (thank you R). The last in a wonderful series about books, the greatest library ever, knowledge & power. Incredible! The writing is so good you can feel the heat of Alexandria, the urgency & desperation of combat & fighting against the odds...and all the emotions, just wow (yes, I cried). I HIGHLY recommend this series for anyone who truly loves books.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-mt-bookpile
Only for those who have read the earlier books in the series, as the characters and world depend on prior knowledge. For those who have.... this is probably the ending you've been waiting for. There's a lot of action and tying up loose ends - Jess even gets some resolution with his family! Each of the main characters finds their true purpose in life, while the Great Library is both saved and changed as the old Archivist's rule is ended (in Book 4, Smoke and Iron).

eARC provided by publisher.
Amanda
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exceeded my expectations for the end of the series. Action packed, thoughtful and unique. A pleasure to read. The entire series is a must read. Sort of a spoiler: one of my favorite characters in the series dies. Normally I am not cool with an author killing off a main and favorite character but in this case, I liked the way the death not only drove the plot forward, it also sort of had a happy ending.
Terri M.
It is finished and I am in tears.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Bookish_mai
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advanced Reading Copy for an honest review.

Absolutely loved Sword And Pen. I devoured it in one setting. A wonderful conclusion to one of my favorite series.

From the very first pages of this book, everything is at stake. From beginning to end, it was a fast paced rollercoaster and I kept turning the pages until the wee hours of the morning to find out how everything would end and how my favorite cast of characters would fend off the corrupt leadership of the great Library.

I won’t
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, lgbtq, novel, post-2000, ya
The megalomaniacal Archivist has been expelled from the Library, but he refuses to quietly surrender his throne. Sensing weakness, every nation that can muster a decent navy has sent ships to “assist” the Library during its period of upheaval. To maintain the Library as an independent entity and keep it from slipping back into corruption, Jess and his friends will have to keep being fast, clever, and ruthless even while they suffer through the fallout of the previous book. It's an emotional roll ...more
Carrie
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling possible conclusion to the Great Library series. Caine's characters have continued to grow with each successive book, and with this we see familiar characters faced with life altering choices. Picking up immediately after the end of the last book, Sword and Pen will claim you from the first chapter. Jess and his classmates have made decisions in the past that they must follow through on now, and the world is watching and waiting to see what they are capable of. I can only hope that w ...more
Patti Sabik
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
What a fabulous conclusion to one of my favorite series. I’m sad to have this wonderful ride end but Caine wrapped it up with a bow and added all the frills to make this one of the best and tidiest endings ever. I’m so satisfied! There is quite a lot going on under the surface of this alternate history/sci-fi/fantasy which allows the reader to dive deep or skim the delectable fluffy, frothy surface. What a fun, enjoyable trip.

Thank you Net Galley for a free ARC for my honest opinion.
Jenny Claiborne
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! What an ending to such a great series. So many surprises...just when I thought I had it all figured out, something would happen and I realized I had NOTHING figured out. A wild ride with all the feels!
Kat
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the E-arc copy of #SwordAndPen.
An excellent end to an action packed series. Rachel Caine has created a series that will be very missed! If you haven't read this series you should be reading it.
Kira Brighton
Jun 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: most-excited-for
(Showcased in Summer 2019 Top To-Reads)
Joanna Hoyt
Melody
Jul 03, 2019
Matilda Yoder
Jun 10, 2019

• The Domina (Ascension, #5)
  • Reticence (Custard Protocol, #4)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • Hope for the Best (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #10)
  • The Nemesis (Diabolic, #3)
  • Untitled (Impostors, #4)
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Black (Bama Boys, #3)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • The Zeppelin Deception (Stoker & Holmes, #5)
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy #3; Nightshade World #9)
  • Lady Celie (Lumatere Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Fallen
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Untitled (Dreamer #3)

The Great Library (5 books)
  • Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)
  • Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2)
  • Ash and Quill (The Great Library #3)
  • Smoke and Iron (The Great Library, #4)