Start by marking “Zak George's Guide to a Well-Behaved Dog: Proven Solutions to the Most Common Training Problems for All Ages, Breeds, and Mixes” as Want to Read:

Does your dog bark a lot, pull on the leash, hate to be left alone, or have accidents in the house?

Celebrity dog trainer and YouTube star Zak George creates the most watched dog training content in the world and has helped millions of people with their dogs. In this problem-based guide, he makes it easy to look up and solve the exact behavioral issue that you're
Published July 9th 2019 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Zak George's Guide to a Well-Behaved Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zak George's Guide to a Well-Behaved Dog

Start your review of Zak George's Guide to a Well-Behaved Dog: Proven Solutions to the Most Common Training Problems for All Ages, Breeds, and Mixes
Annie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Zak, but I think I learned more from his Youtube videos and his first book from this one. This one mostly feels like repeated information from his last book.

But I mean, it's still great information, so there's that.
Katie Trettel
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading The Art of Raising a Puppy, I would describe Zak George’s training approach as the slow, ethical alternative. I appreciate Zak’s message about inside out training, as opposed to outside in—training that teaches a dog to think and choose to act a certain way, rather than training that forces a dog to act a certain way. He gives very thorough information on teaching basic obedience skills and how to break these lessons into tiny steps that will build the dog’s ability to concentrate ...more
Daisy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-books
I really enjoyed listening to this audible book. I came across Zak's training methods from random youtube videos searching. So far I have found his way of teaching dogs not to pulling leash most effective compared with other training methods such as Cesar's slip lead method. I have noticed my extremely prone to pulling westie starting not pulling the leash, walking right beside me (heeling it is!) and paying attention to me. Overall this is a great book to read/listen if you really would like to ...more
Patrice Sartor
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, non-fiction
3.5 stars.

I began reading this one before his Dog Training Revolution (DTR) book. Since I'm preparing for life with a puppy, and don't know what, if any, her training problems will be, I switched to Zak's other title. That one is much more helpful for new puppy owners, and I found it quite useful.

This book contains much of the same information he presents in the DTR title, though he expounds upon training issues. I like the advice and how Zak gives it, though I will wait on reading more of this
Ana Bourasseau
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptionally written with a relatable, easy to read format. Anyone who has a dog can pick this book and either skim for the contents that they are looking for or read from start to finish. Tricks and behaviors are easy to understand and practice. The book itself is very insighful when it comes to understanding dogs and their psychology. While the book is upbeat, it's also realistic and promises results only if dog owners are responsible and consistent.
Os
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it, had our new puppy for 2 weeks now and just reading all the good advice has made me feel alot more confident about training and feel like I have more realistic expectations of ages and stages too. Will keep referring back to all the training tips as we need to work through different issues.
Khan Ashraf  Alif
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Usual
Jenni
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of very helpful information that's easy to reference. I also really like the positive training aspect of his approach. With our VERY high energy new dog, this book was a must!
Audrey
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good dog training book with the basics!
Molly Laich
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
positive only training is awesome if your dog has no real issues and you want to train your dog all day every day for years
Janna E

• My Dog Tulip
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
  • The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise
  • The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • Paw and Order (Paw Enforcement, #2)
  • Paw Enforcement (Paw Enforcement, #1)
  • Mama's Last Hug: Animal Emotions and What They Tell Us about Ourselves
  • The Dog: A Natural History
  • Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
  • Her Last Move
  • Lost
  • The Me, Me, Me Epidemic: A Step-by-Step Guide to Raising Capable, Grateful Kids in an Over-Entitled World
  • Der Junge, der zu viel fühlte: Wie ein weltbekannter Hirnforscher und sein Sohn unser Bild von Autisten für immer verändern
  • Parenting From the Inside Out