Start by marking “Chimney Corner Stories: Tales for Little Children” as Want to Read:
Chimney Corner Stories: Tales for Little Children

Chimney Corner Stories: Tales for Little Children

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Fourteen traditional favorites, from "Cinderella" to "The Three Bears," are collected here in one cozy, comfortable book of nursery tales perfect for reading aloud to small children, and for older children to read themselves. Roomy and inviting, Chimney Corner Stories has the warm appeal of an old-fashioned storybook - which it is. Originally published in 1925, it has deli ...more
Published 1993 by Linnet Books (first published 1926)

To ask other readers questions about Chimney Corner Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chimney Corner Stories

Amanda
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of our go to books for bedtime stories. These tales never get old.
Feb 06, 2008 rated it liked it
The lack of cultural and source notes is somewhat understandable considering this was originally published in 1925 but it is just a little bit outdated. However, this is a good basic collection of the classics Western fairy tales such as "The Three Little Pigs" and "The Little Red Hen." Most are fairly short, although a few, such as "Cinderlla" are longer.
Wendy
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I read the old edition, not the one described here--I'm guessing the changes that are mentioned were to remove "Little Black Sambo" from the collection. The stories are pretty good, but mostly it's interesting to see how... uninspired these early Lois Lenski drawings are. You can see her growth from here to her own books and the Betsy-Tacy books.
Avril
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Read this as a child. When I was little, Enid Blyton was my favorite author. Now, I'm reading this to my own kids.
Emily
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Read: The Three Billy Goats Gruff, Travels of a Fox, Lazy Jack, The Elves & the Shoemaker, The Bremen Town Musicians
Ashley Ramsey