Start by marking “Bridesmaids” as Want to Read:
Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids

Meet Rachel, the beautiful bride with BIG plans for the perfect day! The venue is a castle and the dress is designer. It’s just a shame her husband is a rat.

Maddie and Sally have only one thing in common – they both love the same man!

Beth is a newly single mum with a mystery baby daddy. Surely the father isn’t someone the girls all know?

And then there’s Jane, the glue hold
Published April 26th 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about Bridesmaids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridesmaids

Dash fan
5☆ Perfect Rom Com!
Hilarious Uplifting Must Read!

As soon as i see Zara had written another book I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy! I wasn't disappointed.... Another Hilarious Rom Com Gem!!

First of all I want to start by saying I absolutely LOVE the Cover I just want to reach in and devour one of those cupcakes.

Who doesn't love a good wedding..... well Jane doesn't.... after being dumped on her Hen Night it's hardly surprising.
So when her best friend Rachel announces she's getting marri
Mackey
A wedding you’ll never forget and a Rom-Com you won’t want to miss, Bridesmaids is the must-read, hilarious book for this summer!

I fell in love with Zara Stoneley over the holidays with her fabulous book, No One Cancels Christmas, and had a feeling that I would really like her newest book, Bridesmaids. I was absolutely right, except I had no idea how much I would enjoy this delightful story and the characters involved – including the precious kitty who will steal your heart!

There are four schoo
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

He has been ‘he who must not be named’ for quite a while now. Mainly because hearing his name led either to an irrational outburst (from me), featuring lots of swear words, and descriptions about what I’d like to do to various parts of his anatomy, or, and this was so much worse, horrible, snot-inducing tears. Don’t you hate it when that happens, when you end up inside out and can’t stop?

I cut his head off all my photos. And a triangle out of the crotch area. And looked if Amazon
Kim ~ Traveling Sister
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour
What do you think would happen if you got a group of girls together from high school to be your bridesmaids? Girls that have not seen each other in years. That may technically be a bit of frenemies? You guessed it, you get an entertaining read that will have you literally laughing out loud!

Jane has been a bit down on her luck lately. She just got dumped the night of her hen party by her fiancee Andy via text! He just wasn't feeling it. She struggles to find a flat she can afford on her own and f
Zoe
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, romantic, and highly entertaining!

Bridesmaids is a spirited, deliciously scandalous tale that takes us into the life of Jane and some of her mates from school as the preparations for the upcoming nuptials of one of their own will cause revelations to be revealed, secrets to be exposed, and true love to be found.

The writing is witty and light. The characters are quirky, vibrant, and endearing. And the plot is an engaging, funny tale full of secrets, misgivings, friendship, chemistry, h
Berit☀️✨
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, blog-tour
A hilarious story packed with romance, friendship, and loads of drama!

Zara Stoneley has written another entertaining book that will make you laugh. An uplifting story full of likable real characters living realistic relatable lives. I don’t know about you, but the weather starts to get warmer and I start migrating towards a fun romcom with a gorgeous cover, rather than a dark thriller. This book is certainly the perfect spring time read.

Jane is dumped the night of her hen/bachelorette party vi
Zoé-lee O'farrell

All I can say is Ms Stoneley and her books never fail to make me smile. I loved being surrounded by Jane and her friends. I loved I knew exactly where this story was going to go for each character but having them discover their own path. I loved Louie the most though lol. And allllllllllll the secrets!!

I wanted to read this in one sitting because I was thinking about this book when I wasn’t reading it. I started it Monday evening and made a dent before I fell asleep so early because of a hectic
Paula White
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
An enjoyable Chick Lit with some humour. There was a tad too much going on and it did seem like a long book, could have done with some condensing.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing a copy.
Grace J Reviewerlady
A fabulous, light-hearted read with plenty of high and lows; I've giggled my way through this one!

The very last thing Jane wants to do is attend a wedding. When her very best friend, Rachel, announces she is getting married to the man she broke up and whom Jane knows is a cheating liar, she sticks a smile on her face and agrees to be chief bridesmaid, despite her own planned wedding turning out to be a non-event. Along with Sally and Maddie, they all vow to make Rachel's day the best it can be -
Stephanie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

Bridesmaids was a fun, quick read that I really enjoyed. I’m going to go the list route on this one.

-Based on the synopsis I thought this was going to be more of an ensemble story with multiple POVs. However, it’s told from the first person POV of Jane, the bride-to-be’s best friend. I had to adjust my expectations a bit, but it worked for me. Jane was a little hard to like at first. She came across pretty self-absorbed
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely hilarious and if you love characters that put 2 and 2 together and come up with fifty, then you will love Jane.

The whole book is told from Jane's point of view, and after being dumped on her hen night, isn't that keen on weddings any more, so its rather tricky when best friend Rachel announces she is getting married. Even more awkward when Jane knows a secret about groom Michael and has no idea what to do with it.

Then there are the other bridesmaids / close friends who Jane hasn't s
Caitlyn Lynch
There’s a genre specific to British fiction which the British call chick-lit and everyone else doesn’t quite know how to define, but usually they call it romantic comedy. For me it’s typified by the TV show Coupling (the British version, not the appalling American remake) and authors like Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones’ Diary) and Sophie Kinsella (the Shopaholic series). Think Four Weddings And A Funeral, think Notting Hill, and you’ll be in the perfect mood to sit down and thoroughly enjoy Bride ...more
Joanne Robertson
I’m a big Zara Stoneley fan but have to admit that while I love all of her books, Bridesmaids is by far her best book so far! It’s a sassy, hilariously funny must read that’s full of brilliant characters who jumped off the page as they came to life before my eyes.

Jane has been asked to be a bridesmaid at her friend Rachel’s marriage to Michael. But even though Jane isn’t particularly fond of weddings after what happened to her own planned nuptials, she agrees and rises up to the challenge! The o
Elaine
This definitely lives up to its billing as the most hilarious, feel-good rom com of the year as far as I'm concerned - it is simply hilarious!

The whole story is told from Jane's point of view. Jane isn't keen on weddings after being dumped on her hen night. That makes things difficult when her best friend, Rachel, announces she's getting married and wants Jane to be chief bridesmaid. They've been friends since their school days and usually share everything but Jane knows a secret about Rachel's
booksofallkinds
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley

Laugh-out-loud, heartfelt, and warm are just some of the words that I would use to describe BRIDESMAIDS by Zara Stoneley and it is a must-read for humour and contemporary romance fans everywhere.

Jane got jilted by her fiancé on her hen night so it is no wonder that she isn't a big fan of love and marriage. But when her best friend Rachel announces that she is getting hitched and she wants Jane to be her bridesmaid, Jane pastes on a smile and tries
Shalini
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun read, an absolute fantastic buffer between my thrillers. The book had me laughing at some parts.

Jane was dumped and her best friend Rachel was getting married, but Jane knew a secret which could destroy her best friend. All the bridesmaid had something to hide. And only Jane knew.
My first book by Author Zara had me laughing loudly at some scenes All the characters had were well portrayed. There was humor but there was a strong core of friendship too.

Overall, a good lighthea
Kayleigh Brown
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had an absolute blast reading this book. From the first page I was laughing. I always love when an author writes characters you can see yourself in. And Jane was very much me I love her. This is definitely a book that will have you crying with laughter and will lift your spirits when you are feeling down in the dumps. A must read.
Charanya
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't read enjoy it past the keeping of a very important secret from your best friend who is about to get married. It made no sense and nobody will do it in real life. I skim read the rest. Freddie was fun and Jane was behaving like an idiot most of the time. I like a clumsy heroine but not a delusional one!
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
I have wanted to read ‘Bridesmaids’ since forever ago when Zara shared a photo of the book cover on social media. For a start a book that has not one but four cupcakes on the front deserves my attention! Wow! I know the saying ‘never judge a book by its cover’ but let’s… Beautiful, even without taking a look at the synopsis I knew I wanted to read this and I knew I would simply love it. ‘Four friends, four secrets, a wedding they’ll never forget’ How can you not dive into the pages!

I love a wed
Agi
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 2019-releases

“Bridesmaids” introduces us to Jane, who, after having been dumped on her hen night, isn’t so keen on weddings anymore. But when her best friend Rachel asks her to be her bridesmaid, she can’t say no, right? although the situation is rather awkward, as Jane knows a secret about Rachel’s husband – to – be and she really doesn’t know what to do!
The other bridesmaids turn out to be the girls’ school friends Sally, Maddie and Beth, and each of them have a secret of their own. Sally has married Maddi
Robyn
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must admit, I had such a fun time reading Bridesmaids. I wasn’t sure at first what I was getting myself into because I never expected the story would be told in the first person point of view. So, needless to say I was a bit surprised. But, Jane is a fantastic and loveable character who I warmed up to easily and quickly enough. Jane is getting over a breakup with her fiance after being dumped at her hen party via a text message. While feeling sorry for herself and her life, she soon finds out ...more
Vicki Bowles
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Zara Stoneley, and I have to say... I loved it! Fun, flirty and fabulous - the perfect elements for the perfect light-hearted read.

Dumped on her own hen night, Jane is understandably a bit anti-weddings. But not as anti as everyone around her thinks she is, she has her own reasons for casting doubt when her best friend announces The Wedding of All Weddings.

Add to that some friends Jane hasn't seen since school - not all of whom were bosom buddies - and the fri
Jena Henry
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will do my best to stop laughing and sputtering at you as I write this review. That’s how funny and adorable is this book is. Applause and lots of love to author Zara Stoneley for creating a warm and witty story.

How many romantic comedies have been written about weddings and bridesmaids? How many have you read? Lots, I’d bet. But you haven’t experienced the true joy of a funny and loveable rom com until you’ve read THIS book. Get ready to turn the pages- you won’t want to stop reading this bo
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
What do you get when you take a bunch of best friends, a hunky flatmate, a bunch of secrets and an impending wedding?  An hilarious romantic comedy that's just a delight to read!

Peacemaker Jane is tasked with the job of keeping Rachel's bridesmaids under control.  With a huge amount of past history and tension brewing between them, Jane's task proves more than difficult.

I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy but what I love even more is when that book is more about the relationships between a b
Els
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lies, betrayal, heartbreak on the one hand, love, friendship, happiness on the other are the base for this absolutely ace of a book. Add to that mixture secrets, lots of secrets and a main character who sometimes thinks 3 is the result of 1 plus one and you are in for misunderstandings galore. The author sprinkles the story with funny bits that make you laugh out loud.

I do understand that people deserve a second chance and some grab it with both hands. Others are more the leopard doesn’t change
Sian Steen
Having previously read The Wedding Date by the same author, I was looking forward to this one.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the story - however, the book didn't have the same polished feel that I was expecting. Aside from the grammar issues and inconsistencies (loos and loo's used on the same page!), there were a few times I found myself skipping pages because there was too much detail about something that wasn't really pertinent to the story. It seemed to ramble in a few places!

All that
Misfits farm
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane is having a nightmare. She has recently split from her fiance and the woman she works for, Coral an instagrammer, is ever demanding. She flatshares with a old school friend Freddie and is looking forward to an all expenses trip to New York with Coral. Of course things don’t go to plan as this is Jane. When her best friend Rachel announces she is getting married- to the man she split with but couldn’t live without Jane is at sixes and sevens as to if she should be pleased or not- or worried. ...more
Ann
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of book. 1.5 stars.

I should have known better when I saw this described as a Rom Com. I didn’t find this funny at all. These people are whiny, immature dumbasses. Cheaters, liars, and drunks (the guys) are not funny. The women are not much better.

They all keep secrets that affect each other’s lives in Important ways! And worse, they do it for the other person’s own good and to preserve their happiness. Who thinks letting their best friend marry a serial cheater is being a good friend
Mandy Baggot
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this laugh-out-loud rom com! I am a huge fan of Zara's book and adored The Wedding Date and this one was just as hilarious. With a cast of bridesmaids and the bride-to-be to root for and laugh with, you will be giggling all the way to the big wedding day! A fantastic, feel-good read that's perfect for the summer! Highly recommended!
Sandie Bishop
Love this book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Zara Stoneley is the USA Today bestselling author of The Wedding Date.

Born in a small village in the UK, she wanted to be a female James Herriot, a spy, or an author when she grew up. After many (many) years, and many different jobs, her dream of writing a bestseller came true.

She writes about friendship, dreams, love, and happy ever afters, and hopes that her tales make you laugh a lot, cry a li