Start by marking “Last Kiss Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Last Kiss Goodbye

Last Kiss Goodbye

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  265 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Fearful yet determined, Ivy Stanton returns to the small Appalachian town she left fifteen years ago... the night her parents were murdered. But in coming home to Kudzu Hollow, she discovers she is not alone in her search for the truth: Matt Mahoney, the man who saved her life, who haunts her dreams, who was wrongfully accused of the crime, has come back, too, demanding an ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by HQN (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Last Kiss Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Kiss Goodbye

SheLove2Read
I cannot willingly read any book set in "kudzu holler".
Honey Hutson
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well put together book, storyline, plots, characters. I enjoyed this book and this writer has some great phrases that really bring the scene together and draw the characters for you. The characters are generally unique and not cookie cutter like too many books these days. I picked it up off an exchange shelf and it sat on the corner of my desk for a while before I finally got to it. Wish I'd picked it up sooner. Definitely a good read, though the main character could have been a little less need ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
A romantic suspense that was pretty evenly balanced with both romance and suspense/thriller/horror. The romance element was a little unbelievable to me. But realizing this IS fiction after all, it didn't weigh too heavy.
jenjn79
Mar 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romantic suspense readers
I've always enjoyed the Harlequin Intrigue books of Herron's that I've read...especially the 3 Falcon brother books (which are fantastic). I've read two of her full-length releases now - and liked both.

Herron has a knack for telling interesting stories with lots of twists and just enough darkness to give you the creeps.

"Last Kiss Goodbye" is no different. It's a very convoluted story with a lot going on, which only makes it more readable. I have to admit there were one or two things I was surpri
Patricia McLean
Probably one of the worst books I've read. I know why I continued reading it even though it was what I would call a sexmance book rather than the mystery the blurb on its back cover made it out to be. Its because I was working late and faced a 45 minute train ride home with nothing to read and not enough energy to write or soak up train drama. So I scanned the bookshelf where we have books donated by the Multnomah County Library available for our clients to read and take home. I read the blurb, ...more
Shamay
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exhilarating

Thrilling, exciting, romantic, and it always kept me guessing. I liked how I was wrong about who the killer was. The author tricked me and I like that! The entire novel was unpredictable, in a good way. That's what made it good.
Leandra
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!

One of my favorite books....prefect combination of romance, suspense and mystery!! Had a hard time putting it down! Would absolutely recommend!!
Priscilla Holter
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pretty good story.
Harlequin Books
"Herron pens a fast-paced, romantic thriller that captivates readers from the first page. This is a masterpiece of multilayered plots and memorable characters. With its romance, suspense, supernatural undertones and brilliant dialogue, readers will not be able to put this book down. Be sure you have the lights on and all windows and doors locked; this novel will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck" (4 1/2 stars RT Book Reviews).
Ann
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blah
2.5 stars. For me, it was a bit too.. thriller. I mean, I enjoy good thrillers but Last Kiss Goodbye was too depressing. The romance part left me wanting something more. Something else. I am not saying I hated it, but I did not quite like it either.

(view spoiler)
Sherry
Jun 06, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
I started this book with the intention of kicking back and enjoying it. I read about 30 pages and threw the book down in disgust. I was confused by the storyline. The characters seemed over-dramatized and unrealistic. The writing was ripe (stinky ripe, that is) with heavy handed forshadowing and "oooh spooky" factor.

Sorry, kids, another one I just couldn't waste my time on.
Desirae Brown
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I usually never read books like this, but it was given to me by a family friend. I picked t up hoping it would entertain me for a while just to pass the time. To my surprise though, I could not put it down! There were so many twist and every character had a point of view I could not stop reading until the mystery was solved. Thanks to this book I can now not stop reading romance/mystery novels.
Carrie
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Loved the wounded H/h learning to trust and love one another. The suspense also kept me turning the pages.
Barbara
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Ms. Herron did a good job tying all the motivations and subplots together. I thought there was one murder/subplot too many.
Lhenry
Nice brooding atmosphere, complex plot combined with some imperfect characters. I liked it but didn't love it.
Hapzydeco
May 25, 2010 rated it liked it
A gritty romantic thriller set in Atlanta
Missy Almand
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!
Alisha
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
was there ever a book written about his brothers?
Amanda
May 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Good book. Regular run of the mill mystery/romance. The characters were developed enough, but the book was a little one note and the mystery ended a little too easily. I did enjoy the read.
Andrea Finley
Jul 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
Terrible dialogue. Jumpy storyline. Couldn't decide if it wanted to be a regular mystery or a supernatural thriller. Wouldn't recommend...
Michelle (meshe)
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookcrossing
This book is a Harlequin Romance and as such was okay. I wanted to read it because it was set in Appalachia. It is what it is.
Natalie
Aug 01, 2011
Alana Williams
Mar 03, 2018
  • Silver Falls
  • A Time to Die (The Protectors, #29)
  • Dad by Choice (Maitland Maternity, #1)
  • Cassidy's Kids (Maitland Maternity, #2)
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • The Arrangement
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Heart of the Storm
  • The Bishop and the Beggar Girl of St. Germain (Blackie Ryan, #12)
  • Chase the Moon
  • The Warrior
  • Men of the West: Harden / Evan / Donavan
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • Beyond Business
  • The Harbor (Carriage House, #4)
  • The Final Kill
USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Rita Herron fell in love with books at the ripe age of eight when she read her first Trixie Belden mystery. Although she wanted to be a writer then and actually scrawled her first novel at age twelve, she didn’t think real people grew up to be writers, so she became a kindergarten teacher instead. Ten years ago, she traded her classroom storytelling a ...more
More about Rita Herron