Start by marking “An Agent for Wilhelmina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Agent for Wilhelmina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #2)

An Agent for Wilhelmina

(The Pinkerton Matchmaker #2)

Wilhelmina Cutler had wanted to be a Pinkerton agent ever since she moved in with her aunt and uncle who was an agent himself. Now’s her chance. They are hiring women in the Denver Pinkerton Detective Agency. Already trained in most of the skills needed, Mina is confident she can handle any case they assign her.

Reece Galway is a veteran agent who has worked from the
Published October 24th 2018 by Sophie Dawson Novels

To ask other readers questions about An Agent for Wilhelmina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Agent for Wilhelmina

Start your review of An Agent for Wilhelmina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #2)
Alma Conchas
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series so much!

Wow, with each book that I read from this series, it just seems to be getting better and better! I really loved Mina and Reece's story because they just made a great couple and her experience as an agent really helped the story be more interesting because both characters were evenly matched to help the case they were solving! I truly can't wait to start reading the next book in this series to see how that couple gets their happily ever after also!
Sandra Sorola
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to read a new book by one of my favorite Authors, in a new multi Author series . This series is exciting. Pinkerton Agents Marry to save their jobs.. Teaching women to become agents. Wilhelmina Cutler was an exception. She had informal/formal training from her uncle. She and her new husband Agent Reece Galway are headed to San Francisco to solve an exciting Diamond theft case.
She needs to convince Reece she can handle herself. Twists and turns and a budding romance will all
Kim  Gregory
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series very much.

Wilhelmina was raised by her uncle who was a Pinkerton Agent. He taught her well. Unfortunately when she marries, her partner doesn't read her file and has no idea as to her talents. He wants to protect and keep safe this female partner rather than letting her be a part of the team. It doesn't take long for her to stop letting him walk all over her abilities. Their job, to find out if a claim to an insurance agency is for real or a hoax by the people who put
Rocky
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mina and Reece

The Pinkerton Detective Agency's Denver office has decided to start hiring women as agents to be paired with male agents who will teach them the ropes. The only stipulation? They must marry their partner so the women's reputation won't be ruined.

Mina was taught by her father, a Pinkerton agent, the tricks of the trade. So when she was paired with Reece, she wasn't too happy with the way he was treating her. When he thought to teach her how to shoot she showed him that she already
Lori
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun and clean romance. Reese and Wilhelmina start off like firecrackers. Not wanting anything to really do with marriage to each other. But along the way, the discover a lot about each other and fall for who that person really is. This story has a lot of misunderstandings that are righted. They both have strengths and weakness’s that they start to help each other with. It was fun finding out how they fell for each other. There is humor as well as seriousness. A wonderful series so far. ...more
Dorothy Roller
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story by Sophie Dawson

Another fantastic, fun, and funny book with some Pinkerton Agenture and a bit of romance in with great results. It's always fun to see when a woman can turn complete surprises on her unsuspecting new husband. I really enjoyed this store with and appearance on the very famous Nugget Hate and his with wife Penny showing in in this book. Awesome work by this author who I applaud at her very wit of this story and many surprises she got in. Thank you Ms. Dawson for the
Nancy Silk
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"A Working Relationship Turns Into Love"

Wilhelmina Cutler has moved in with her aunt and uncle who was a Pinkerton agent. She's also wanting to become an agent and her chance has come as the Denver agency is now hiring women. Mina already has been trained in most skills by her uncle and is sure she can handle any case. Little does she realize that she'll have to marry newly hired agent Reece Galway. They both may want to resign ... and have an annulment. But things change while on assignment.
Debra Brigden
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second book of the Pinkerton series but can stand alone

This is the second book of the Pinkerton Matchmaker series. An Agent for Wilhelmina is a great story of a woman who was born to be an agent and an agent who doesn’t want a woman as a partner. I love the dynamic between the two agents as they find their way to a partnership in both work and life. This is a humorous suspenseful book. I highly recommend An Agent for Wilhelmina!
Renate
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful out of the box historical romance series. This intriguing novella is filled with historical tidbits, interesting characters, twist and turn plot, and mystery. Not your usual matchmaker and not the run of the mill detective story. As a woman, I admired Wilhelmina's feisty spirit, patience in revealing her skills and relatives and craftiness. As the story progresses I even liked Reece. Fun entertaining read.
Sahar Husseini
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reece Meets His Match

This is a fun series about men and women Pinkerton agents. I enjoyed reading Reece and Mina's story. She is a woman with gumption. When her man is in danger, she does not just sit idly by as women were expected to do in those days. They got married for the sake of propriety, but the attraction between them is undeniable. I enjoyed following them on their adventure as they fought their attraction and worked on solving their mystery.
Elsa
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my most favourite books in this series. I loved Wilhelmina and Reese's story. She didn't want a husband, especially one that didn't value her skills. And he didn't want a wife he'd have to look after - boy was he in for a surprise.
I love how they interacted and how Mina kept surprising Reese all the time. She sure didn't let him get away with everything.
I totally recommend this book! It's cute, funny with good clean romance and a sizeable dash of mystery.
Debra
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wilhelmina had received the proper training and wanted to be a Pinkerton Agent more than anything. She waa even willing to marry a complete stranger to become a Pinkerton Agent. Would this marriage last after the case waa solved? Another great novel by Sophie Dawson with well developed characters and beloved ones from her other novels making their appearances. It is just like making new friends while keeping the old ones which makes her novels extra special and a joy to read.
Cindy
While each book in the series can be read as a stand-alone and they are not required to be read in order; they do each have the same origin story and it appears that they have not employed a continuity reader to ensure that the origin of each book are the same. There are small but quite noticeable differences in each of the books I've read so far. They don't detract from the overall story but I do find them distracting.
Earlene Click
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reese and Wilhilmina

Reese and Wilhilmina Galway I now pronounce you man and wife. Neither were in favor of this marriage, but both wanted to be Pinkerton Agents and this was their only way. Their assignment was to investigate a jewelery theft in California. This is a fun and interesting story and you will enjoy reading it very much.
Elizabeth
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome detective book

Love it. Strong woman, who knows her worth and a strong man not afraid that his masculinity suffers when proven wrong. Too it off with a jewel heist, romps around 1880s San Francisco, including mysterious Chinatown, and a cameo of the wonderful Nugget Nate. Writing, characterization, and dialogue are wonderful.
Kathy
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Feisty heroine

I really enjoyed this story. Mina has a strong family connection to the Pinkertons and being an agent has her dream for almost 10 years. Now she has her chance to show what she can do provided she can get past one massive hurdle --- fellow agent and husband Reese Galway
Karen Szabo
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Series

I love these stories. They grab your interest and keep you reading to find out what happens next. Sweet clean love stories wrapped in colorful characters and awesome Pinkerton assignments. It was thrilling to get a visit from Nugget Nate and Penny, warm, colorful characters from a previous series. You will enjoy this series. I am off to read book 3.
Cindy Nipper
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this new genre for Sophie! It's still historical romance, but more detective/suspense than pure Western romance. An excellent story! This beautiful Pinkerton Agent is a relative of the infamous Nugget Nate! So it connects with many of Sophie's other series! Which is a bonus in my opinion!
debra westman
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Agent for Wilhelmina

Reece and his new wife Mina helped to solved a insurance fraud in missing jewelry and learned about each other while working on there case was glad they brought in other characters that has had a story of will soon have one.Loved the story. So they decided to stay married i believe Mina will keep Reece on his toes.lol
D'anah
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun

Another enjoyable read. So far, the series is good fun. The characters developed enough to engage with. The whole scenario is interesting and keeps you reading. The individual "quirks" of each case and characters just adds to the fun. Waiting to read the next one
Hazel Givogue
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the Story of ladies joining the Pinkerton's agencies. The ex

xtra incentive of having to marry an agent too join the Pinkerton 's ! This is a new series by Author

Janet Swiftbird
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diamonds are a girls best friend

A fun read with twists and turns, new friends and some famous family thrown in to the mix.
Follow Reece and Mind chase down jewel thiefs in high society.
Christine Pak
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Agent for Wilhelmina(The Pinkerton Matchmaker)

Excellent read. Second in this series. I laughed as Reece and Mina went through their get to know time and Nugget Mate added to the humor of the story.
ReadingWench
Wonderful book! There were surprises in this book that made me smile! Relatives and hiding places caught me off guard. It was also great that there was a bit of a crossover into another book. A wonderful book in this series that it not to be missed.
Chunter14
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
While these books are stand alone books, this book referenced some characters and events from the previous book in the series, so it’s nice reading them in order. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know all these characters. Another fun fast read in the Pinkerton matchmaker series.
Robin
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written and engaging from the beginning. Love these Pinkerton stories. Lots of good and funny exchanges between agents as they get to know each other. Good information about being a Pinkerton too. Highly recommend.
Amber
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

This was a good as the first book!
It held my interest throughout. I did skip through some of the descriptions of the dresses and rooms. That doesn't interest me, but they weren't long which was nice. I'm on to the third book. Happy reading!
Melissa Dobbins
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it !!!

Having been a costumer for over 50 years I was intrigued by the cleverness of all the secret pockets the heroine made to hide her weapons!!! A woman after my own heart.
Candyce Vee Zern
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Loved Mina and Reece! Such a fun couple!! It was great to read of Reece's reaction when ever Mina pulled out another weapon. And adding characters from other series make it oh so interesting!!!

Donna
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I love this book and series. Very entertaining to read. I highly recommend this book and series. This is a great author. I have not read any book by this author that I did not enjoy.

• The Pinkerton Matchmaker (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #0.5)
  • Redeeming the Rogue (Cowboys and Angels, #35)
  • Rhyme or Reason (Cowboys and Angels, #27)
  • Winning His Wife (Cowboys and Angels, #31)
  • Reading the Rancher (Cowboys and Angels, #28)
  • Caring for the Cowboy (Cowboys and Angels, #33)
  • Making a Memory (Cowboys and Angels, #32)
  • Proposal by Post (Cowboys and Angels #45)
  • Bride in Blue (Cowboys and Angels #37)
  • Match for the Mayor (Cowboys and Angels #40)
  • Books and Beaus (Cowboys and Angels, #34)
  • Learning Her Lines (Cowboys and Angels #38)
  • Riding the Rails (Cowboys and Angels #41)
  • Beulah's Brains: A McClain Story (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • Trusting the Tycoon: Cowboys and Angels, #29
  • A Bride for Jeremiah (The Proxy Brides, #1)
  • Wanted: Gravedigger (Silverpines #17)
  • Watching the Wrangler (Cowboys and Angels #42)

The Pinkerton Matchmaker (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • An Agent for Lucy (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #1)
  • An Agent for Regina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #3)
  • An Agent for Claudette (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #4)
  • An Agent for Audrey (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #5)
  • An Agent for Victoria (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #6)
  • An Agent for Elizabeth (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #7)
  • An Agent for Cecily (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #8)
  • An Agent for Charity (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #9)
  • An Agent for Diana (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #10)
  • An Agent for Belle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #11)