Start by marking “The Lights” as Want to Read:
The Lights

The Lights

It's winter break and Molly Monroe is content to enjoy her town's annual Festival of Lights with her girlfriend Chelsea at her side. But almost immediately after the lights go up, the town's children begin to act strangely, especially Molly's own brother, Roger. When their next-door neighbors are killed in a grisly double homicide, Molly begins to suspect the incidents are ...more
Published December 11th 2018 by Carrie Pack

To ask other readers questions about The Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lights

Start your review of The Lights
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to destiny ♡⚔♡ by: Owl
Christmas is an especially big deal in Molly’s town, where the citizens decorate extravagantly each year—including the tremendous amount of sparkling lights that go up each year. Something is different about the lights this year, and they’re having a terrifying effect on the children in town.

I’m a total sucker for Christmas horror stories, so I would have added this to my TBR based on the synopsis alone, but when I learned it also featured an f/f romance? Well, count me in!

Before the horror
Emily
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Before the horror that was my darkest Christmas, the lights were a welcome sight."

I buddy read The Lights on Christmas with my friend Tracy, and we enjoyed this one! It's a LGBTQ+ Christmas horror novella, and the story is fun and gory. If you like horror stories with creepy kids, this is definitely one for you. I felt that the ending was a little lackluster, but I was so entertained by the rest of the story. Grab this one to read next Christmas!
Tracy Robinson
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-wishlist
3.5 rounded up to 4 on Goodreads/Amazon

I needed a short Christmas horror story to read this season, and when my friend Emily mentioned she was reading this one, I jumped right in. Holiday lights with an agenda, a diverse array of characters, and creepy kids are the three things that made me excited to pick this one up.

When the action of this novella is in full swing, it boasts great gory fun and several "creep me out" moments. I don't know what it is about kids and their ability to be some of
Melanie Marsh
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Releasing just in time for the holidays, The Lights by Carrie Pack is the perfect amount of creepy to make you question whether those new LED Christmas lights are truly worth it. If the idea of murderous kids obsessed with Christmas lights doesn’t make you nervous, I don’t know what will.

When the younger kids in town start acting freaky after the annual Christmas light display in this small town, Molly, her girlfriend Chelsea and their newish friend Brandon must figure out how to keep
Donna
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a creepy intriguing tale I couldn’t put down. I’ll admit it doesn’t take much to scare me but this one had me sleeping with a night light and a teddy bear. If scary is for you I recommend this book.
Mehsi

A fantastic horrific gruesome book that is perfect for both Halloween and Christmas. It is like The Nightmare Before Christmas, a movie both fitting these two holidays.

It is all about a sweet town named New Brighton. The townspeople are looking forward to Christmas, but before that there is the Festival of Lights. This year the lights are a bit different, the mayor wanted to be a bit more ecological... but is
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Full RTC

This was a very thrilling novella, full of creepy events where children acted weird during the Christmas holidays.

I liked the pace and the tone but sometimes some actions throw me off so I can't give 5 out of 5 stars and 4 instead.

This book has not really a HEA, a very lose HFN with the unknown what's awaiting them in the future and that creates tension again. But it actually works for this book.
This book has a FF couple bit it's *not* romance; we see a few kisses & shared touches
Owl
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
3.5 of 5 stars
Full review to come
Alexis Long *from the heart of a bibliophile lair*
I love this book it's so good
Melissa Banczak
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scary fun

The LED lights are making the kids kill. It’s up to Molly and her friends to stop them. Lots of scary fun.
Carrie Pack
Oct 25, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This novella was inspired by my hometown's annual Christmas light display and my personal hatred of the look of LED lights, especially the blue ones. The Lights is an intensely creepy story with elements of classic slashers and paranormal thrillers. Fans of There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins and Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand will enjoy this novella.
Lee
Dec 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting concept plagued by poor development, ordinary writing, and doubtful editing. I nearly gave it a second star for the concept, but I went back to give it a second try, and just couldn’t. When characters express themselves by rolling their eyes—roughly 30 times over the course of a novella (same with furloughing their brows)—it’s time to move on.
Lynn Charles
Dec 29, 2018
Meghan Bowling
Dec 21, 2018
Baker St Shelves
Dec 26, 2019
Liz
rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2019
Bird 🐦
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt
Me everytime Molly, Chelsea, and Brandon made an imperative decision:

IM JUST SO CONFUSED?? (view spoiler)
Ruth Emily

• Off
  • How To Make A Monster
  • Dark Carnival
  • The Festering Ones
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Once & Future (Once & Future, #1)
  • Once Gone (Riley Paige Mystery, #1)
Carrie Pack is an author of books in multiple genres, including Designs on You (2014), In the Present Tense (2016), and Grrrls on the Side (2017). She is a recipient of two Foreword Reviews INDIES Book of the Year Bronze awards: in 2016 for In the Present Tense (science fiction) and in 2017 for Grrrls on the Side (young adult). Grrrls on the Side was also a finalist in the Bi Book Awards.

Her