Start by marking “Joseph, Rachel's Son” as Want to Read:
Joseph, Rachel's Son

Joseph, Rachel's Son

A young boy with 11 brothers; favourite of his father; chosen of God.

Joseph, Rachel's son, lived a privileged life in Canaan until his jealous brothers sold him into slavery in Egypt. There, the favourite son learned hardship and faced undeserved punishment.

Overcoming one trial after another, he finally faces the greatest test of all: power over his brothers. When they bow
Published December 4th 2018 by Bible Tales Online

To ask other readers questions about Joseph, Rachel's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joseph, Rachel's Son

Start your review of Joseph, Rachel's Son
Peter Morgan
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone teens and up
Recommended to Peter by: author and his family
Review of "Joseph, Rachel's son" by Mark Morgan
This 241 page book is a good example of filling out the Bible record of the life of a chosen person, in this case Joseph. The trick of this filling out process for people who believe the Bible is to use a sanctified imagination in a practical way while ensuring that nothing written conflicts with direct Bible wording. I believe that this book does this very well, and although I've read the Bible record of Joseph literally dozens of time in my long
N.M.
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Joseph, Rachels Son by Mark Morgan recounts the Biblical story of Joseph, son of Jacob, son of Isaac, son of Abraham. Sold into slavery by his jealous brothers, Joseph is delivered to Egypt. It is here God uses him to save the sons of Israel.

Whether youre a Christian or Jew, most people likely know the story of Joseph. Ive read quite a few novels already based on his story, and of course seen the movies and musical. I was a
Cathy Morgan
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Regular Bible readers may be familiar with the story of Joseph, second-youngest of Jacob's eleven sons; others may only have heard of him in connection with a technicolour dream-coat; and still others may never have heard of him. Whichever category you fall into, this book presents Joseph, the boy and man, as you have never seen him before - not because it contradicts the Bible record or even adds to it excessively, but because it brings out the life behind the Bible record.

Once again, the
L. E.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Joseph, Rachel's Son' is a well-written book on the story of the Biblical character Joseph, from when his family fled from Laban to his death. It's a great book that everyone should read, which I found hard to put down. It combines easy readability with Biblical truth, as well as providing insights into various actions and motivations of different people.

What I liked about it was the way it portrayed Joseph as someone who was not infallible. Occasionally showing his thoughts was a good way to
Mrs Rachel
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought I knew this Bible story really well! The author has tapped into the characters, their motivation, their fears, their hopes and their relationships with others. He has also put some events in order, which needed a lot of detailed research. This goes way deeper than Joseph and His Technicolour Dreamcoat... A compelling read.
Alycia Canfield
Dec 30, 2018
Emma Filbrun
Apr 06, 2019

• Shadow Among Sheaves
  • Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)

News & Interviews