Start by marking “Klan Rudé lišky (Hraničářův učeň #13)” as Want to Read:
Klan Rudé lišky (Hraničářův učeň #13)

Klan Rudé lišky

(Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #2)

Přichází čas nové generace hraničářů, která nyní musí převzít odpovědnost a chránit Araluenské království.

Maddie úspěšně ukončila třetí rok svého hraničářského výcviku a je povolána zpět na hrad Araluen. Jednotvárný život na hradě ji však ubíjí, cítí se v něm jako ve vězení a touží z něj uniknout.

V okolí se začínají šířit zvěsti, že království hrozí nové nebezpečí. Tajemný
Published November 2018 by Egmont (first published June 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Klan Rudé lišky, please sign up.
Christian Yes. The Royal Ranger was retitled to Royal Ranger: A New Beginning, and it was made into the first of a spinoff series called The Ranger's…moreYes. The Royal Ranger was retitled to Royal Ranger: A New Beginning, and it was made into the first of a spinoff series called The Ranger's Apprentice: Royal Ranger.(less)
Charu
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Tricia Mingerink
It wasn't perfect and one major thing bugged me through the whole book, but I still really, really, really loved it, and I think I'm going to love it more when the sequel comes out (if the sequel lives up to the set up of this book).

After the disappointment of the last two Brotherband books, I was really hoping this book wouldn't continue the trend. I'm happy to say it didn't, at least for me.

The plot was really unique and, while similar to other Ranger's Apprentice books, was still different
Skip
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Skip by: Almira
A group of insurgents in the kingdom of Araluen are stirring up trouble for Princess Cassandra as they seek to overturn the change in law made by her father, King Duncan, prior to her birth restricting ascendants to male heirs. Harald and Chief Ranger Gilan take half of the Castle's guard north to quell the disturbance, when they find themselves substantially overmatched. Meanwhile, Cassandra's daughter Maddie, who is secretly training to become a Ranger, has completed her third year trial and i ...more
Karis
As a dedicated Ranger Apprentice fan I couldn’t help approach this book with a bit of hesitation. I was comfortable with how the series had ended, well mostly, and did not know what to think of the idea of a new series with its central focus on Maddie as a ranger and princess. (Especially seeing as I’ve always had the stance that Rangers and royalty shouldn’t mix.) But it was as if John Flanagan knew that and gave his all to win me over from the very beginning.

While not a perfect book, The Red
Karen ⊰✿
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno_2019
Maddie is in her 4th year as a Ranger's apprentice, but she is not a typical apprentice. She is the crown princess and her apprenticeship needs to be kept a secret.
At the same time, a dangerous group called the "Red Fox Clan" are trying to gain support and membership for their cause - which is to remove the law enabling females to succeed to the throne, thereby blocking Maddie and her mother from ruling Araluen.

This wasn't my favourite from this series / spin off series. I think as most of the
Jerecho
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of the royal ranger is not interesting as the other books written by JF. It's predictable except the last part that is to be continued...

3/4 of the book is boring and then the last quarter of the book becomes exciting and I'm hoping it is going somewhere but all it says is to be continued...

So can I continue in the next issue??? Just disappointed with this one...

2stars for the author to realize that we read and buy books because we appreciate the story and we love the characters that y
Daphne Belderol
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will and Gilan against halt is just too hilarious.
I'm glad Maddie learned her lessons. Yay for the skandians visiting. I did miss Lydia. The cliffhanger made me think. I am wondering what happened to will and halt. Bumper's responses are cute. The tunnels are scary. The inverted flag was new to me. Sensei. Now I want learn how to use a practice katana.
Irene
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In het dertiende deel van de avonturen van De Grijze Jager heeft Maddie, oftewel prinses Madelyn, haar derde jaar als leerling Grijze Jager afgerond en gaat ze tussendoor eerst naar huis om tijd door te brengen met haar familie. Het lijkt een lange en saaie tijd te worden, maar gelukkig gaat het leven van bepaalde vijanden ook door. Maddie gaat op speurtocht naar gangenstelsels in het kasteel en haar vader Arnaut en Grijze Jager commandant Gilan gaan op weg om De Clan van de Rode Vos te verjagen ...more
Kathy Davie
Second in The Royal Ranger spin-off series and part of the overall Ranger's Apprentice universe for middle-grade readers revolving around Princess Maddie who chose to become a ranger.

My Take
I do adore Flanagan's Ranger Apprentice series (all his series, really). His characters are great role models for kids AND the adults in the stories treat the kids as intelligent people, not like little "kiddies".

In his Royal Ranger spin-off, I love that Maddie provides the girls with a role model to look up
Nina
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit vind ik nou flauw. In het grootste deel van het boek meandert John Flanagan om de actie heen en gebeurt er niet zo veel. Maar zodra het daadwerkelijk een beetje spannend begint te worden, eindigt het boek! Heel frustrerend... ;)
Bianca
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was slower and less interesting than the other books in the series, and the plot was too predictable, which was why I found the first 3/4 of it too boring. This book is more about setting up the next book, like how The Sorcerer in the North sets the scene for The Siege of Macindaw.
Ian
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book would recommend to anyone who will listen.
Liz Thiele
Ettelwen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
2,5/5
John Flanagan měl tuto sérii rozhodně ukončit a nenavazovat dalšími příběhy. Zkrátka už to není ono, to kouzlo hraničářského sboru a skvělých dobrodružství vyprchalo lusknutím prstů. Místo toho tu máme princeznu Maddie a její matku, princeznu regentku, která se chová asi tak na dvanáct. Plno nesrovnalostí a dějových nelogičností. Jediný světlý bod přišel s Volavkami, a to taky jenom na chvíli.

Ano, něco z původního Flanagana to mělo, ale byl to bohužel jen závan toho, co bylo dřív. A s prom
Michael Long
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another really good book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. In this book, Araluen is finally in peril. It has all the same elements of the previous books, and is very well done. It portrays Maddy very well as a talented, but still learning ranger apprentice who still makes mistakes. The only downsides are that Will isn't in the book much, and the book ends rather abruptly with "to be continued". It would have been better to release the entire story as one book. But never-the-less, it is an excel ...more
Annie (Putt)
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I keep thinking the Ranger's Apprentice series will fade, and then a glorious book like this gets published. Maddie is a phenomenal character. She's strong without being cliche and a ranger to the core. I'm loving the evolution of her character from The Royal Ranger to this. From pampered princess to a hard-working warrior, she's grown up.

Also Halt's story about the nanny goat made this book a million times greater.
Steve
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book great story then boom it ends. Cliff hanger. Argh!!!!!
Jenny Mullin
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series! This book did not disappoint! A brave, skilled princess, secret tunnels, mystery, battle.... it's a great read! I wish I could give this book 4.5 stars!
Jake
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought the beginning and middle was kinda meh, but really enjoyed the second half. Looking forward to the next one
Manon
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You cannot end a book like that! This was once again brilliant!
Mckenzie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aaaaahhhhh this is such a cliff hanger! I love it but I hate it!
Charlotte
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
-1 ster voor de cliffhanger, i cry
Lynda Koenig
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noooooo! Now I have to wait for the next one!
Rebekah
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one, especially the ending. The beginning was slow but had many important elements. Horace gets a storyline in this book but unfortunately Will and Halt are hardly in it. There were also several things the editor should have caught, but they were minor things. I can't wait for the next one!
Eoin Garvin
A fun book. But too predictable from the beginning. You knew who the leader was of the Red Fox Clan from the moment he is introduced. And you knew how Maddie would escape when she was being tracked down since she failed at the same exercise earlier. Other than that, a decent read.
Misty
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm only giving this 4 stars because first, Will and Holt made a short appearance in the beginning of the book. Second, I knew exactly who the villain was as soon as they were introduced in the book. Very predictable on that part.

I enjoy Maddie even though she can be a little overconfident at times, but then she can also realize that she does do things wrong and can be a bit hard on herself.

Can I just say...HOLY CLIFFHANGER!! Why do you have to make me wait Mr. Flanagan for the next book??? We d
KittyAilla
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Przyznam, że po Kalderze nieco bałam się sięgnąć znów po Flanagana. A co, jeśli znów się rozczaruję? Na szczęście obyło się bez niemiłej niespodzianki, a Klan Czerwonego Lisa trzyma poziom poprzednich tomów! Co prawda jest może nieco mniej humoru, ale to chyba głównie dlatego, że jest również mniej Halta.

W związku ze zmianą prawa w Araulenie (o dziedziczeniu tronu także przez kobietę) powstaje Klan Czerwonego Lisa. Jego członkowie chcieliby powrotu do starych zasad i wyłącznie męskiej sukcesji.
Joanna (BookandPages)
Probably more of a 3.75/5. I did like this one. The writing was well, done and very informative/believable. A lot of the time when I read fantasy books I don't feel like the authors know what the heck they're talking about, but this one didn't give me those vibes at all. John Flanagan really knows his stuff. The writing was fantastic. All of the characters were good too. Of course they've been fleshed out for 12-14 books in some cases, but Maddie, or main character was awesome to read about! Can ...more
Sarah Fisher
A story has a beginning, a middle and an end. Call me old-fashioned, but I like all of those components to be in the one book. I feel cheated by John Flanagan’s The Red Fox Clan. It would have been better titled The Red Fox Clan – Part 1.

Yes, it’s a well written children’s book. Yes, the characters are engaging. And yes, the plot is interesting. I was thoroughly enjoying following Ranger Maddie as she and her royal parents dealt with the threat posed by the Red Fox Clan – a militant group who wa
Staci
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good! John Flanagan did it again! Another amazing book and I can't wait for the next one!!!
Catherine T. Mohs
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, fiction
So suspenseful and so good! I am very excited that Mr. Flanagan has decided to start another series.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover and metadata 3 12 Dec 21, 2018 02:23PM
Rangers Apprentic...: The red fox clan!! 8 7 Aug 01, 2018 07:07AM
  • King Arthur's Very Great Grandson
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic, #2)
  • Aan de andere kant van de deur
  • A Middle-earth Traveller: Sketches from Bag End to Mordor
  • Sarah's New World: The Mayflower Adventure
  • The Oceans Between Stars
  • Het raadsel van alles wat leeft en de stinksokken van Jos Grootjes uit Driel
  • The Night Crossing
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
  • Dragon's Teeth
  • Finding Langston
  • Hotel De Grote L
  • Gevangenis met een open deur (Lijsters)
  • The Boy Who Could Fly
  • Liberty (Dogs of World War II)
  • Race to the End of the World (The Mapmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Emmy and the Rats in the Belfry
  • The Devil in Vienna

For mysteries by this same author, see John A. Flanagan.

John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. It wasn't until he wrote a highly uncomplimentary poem about a senior executive at the agency where he worked, however, that his talent was revealed. It

Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger (3 books)
  • The Royal Ranger: A New Beginning (The Royal Ranger, #1)
  • Duel at Araluen (The Royal Ranger, #3)
“Ooooh! Die was raak! Ik heb de roos geraakt,' gilde ze op een toon waarvan zij dacht dat die op meisjesachtige opwinding leek. Ze liet de boog vallen en klapte in haar handen.
Arnaut rolde met zijn ogen. 'Aanstelster,' zei hij zachtjes.”
1 likes
“So, you’ll be heading back to Castle Araluen tomorrow?” Halt asked. Gilan regarded him, head cocked to one side. “That’s what it says here,” he said, tapping the dispatch. “But how could you have known that?” Halt smiled. “Just a lucky guess,” he said.” 0 likes