Start by marking “The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)

The Wedding Party

(The Wedding Date #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  11,286 ratings  ·  1,469 reviews
Maddie and Theo have two things in common:

1. Alexa is their best friend

2. They hate each other

After an “Oops, we made a mistake” kiss, neither one can stop thinking about the other. With Alexa’s wedding rapidly approaching, Maddie and Theo both share bridal party responsibilities that require more interaction with each other than they’re comfortable with. Underneath the
Published July 16th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Party, please sign up.
Christina No. The novel stands alone and gives enough back story on characters from previous books.…moreNo. The novel stands alone and gives enough back story on characters from previous books. (less)

·  11,286 ratings  ·  1,469 reviews

Start your review of The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
Roxane
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this world of characters and all the books in this series. The Wedding Party has a great premise. Overall, I wanted the writing to be stronger but Guillory is such a charming voice and these characters are fun and interesting and I was rooting for them the whole way. If you’re looking for a sexy story that will sink it’s hooks into you, this is a nice choice. One frustrating thing—the characters eat pizza obsessively. After like ten times I was like omg seriously? More pizza? I am not ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This had the potential to be my favorite of the series because it was enemies-to-lovers but I didn't love it and I am SO SAD. I didn't really feel a ton of chemistry between the characters and the overall writing felt really.. stilted? Blah. This definitely wasn't a terrible book, but I think I set my expectations too high. Womp :(
Christy
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_3846_zps4bkjqivk.png

An enemies to lovers romance by Jasmine Guillory… I’m here for it!

Maddie and Theo are Alexa’s (from The Wedding Date) two best friends and they don’t get along. From the moment they first met, they rubbed each other the wrong way. They’re just so different. Theo seems like the uptight pompous type of guy that Maddie can’t stand and Maddie is the type of girl Theo can’t take seriously.
Whatever, he and Maddie would have never gotten along anyway. She was the cool, hot, party type, and
Kaceey
4.5*
This is a book that’s been resting comfortably on my shelf for a couple months. Make no mistake…I’m loving my rom com weekends but for some unknown reason I kept putting it off. What’s wrong with me? seriously! This was such a sweet and charming read! I’m in a shame-spiral for not reading it sooner!

Maddie’s best friend Alexa is about to get married and she’s over the moon happy for her best friend! But Alexa also has a male friend Theo that will also be part of the wedding party. Normally,
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Jasmine Guillory’s third book The Wedding Party is (in my opinion) her best yet! In her signature style, this book is steamy, sweet, sassy, and has depth to it that will help us all learn a bit more about what it is like to be a minority in a majority industry. I thought the enemies-turned-lovers storyline worked so well, with the added element of their personal connection through their mutual friend Alexa.

This is a perfect summer book!

About the Book

Professional style consultant Maddie doesn’t
Tucker
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tucker by: Berkley Romance

Many thanks to Berkely for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Maddie and Theo have two things in common:
1. Alexa is their best friend
2. They hate each other.

Before this, I hadn’t read any Jasmine Guillory books. But now, I feel on a cellular level that I absolutely must ingest every word, syllable and page that this woman puts into the world.

So, what’s this book about?
The Wedding Date follows Theo and Maddie who hate each other. Theo thinks Maddie is a selfish b*tch and
Larry H
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Jasmine Guillory has really become one of my go-to authors when I'm in the mood for a great rom-com. Her books are fun to read as well as well-written and steamy, and I find her characters so appealing that it feels like hanging out with friends, especially because the characters in all three of her books are linked in some way.

Her newest book, The Wedding Party , follows that age-old story of two people who can't stand each other yet one crazy night something
megs_bookrack
The first time Maddie Forest meets Theo Stephens, she thinks he is an uptight, hyper-organized, spreadsheet-creating jerk.

When Theo Stephens first meets Maddie Forest, he thinks she is a shallow, image-obsessed prima donna with her head in the clouds and no real ambition besides looking good.

After their mutual best friend, Alexa, becomes engaged, she asks them both to be in her wedding party. Chagrined that they will have to spend so much time together during the course of the wedding planning
Berit☀️✨
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc-physical
Jasmine Guillory won my heart with this delightful romance! This is her third book and in my opinion the best one yet. And I defy you to read this entire book and not crave pizza ( I am even half tempted to try roasted garlic on my next Pizza). Theo and Maddie have never really liked each other, but they tolerate one another because they are both BFFs with Alexa. Then one night they accidentally uh oh kiss and then hoops they sleep together. What follows is Theo and Maddie trying to find any ...more
Toni
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, romance
The plot of The Wedding Party is pretty straightforward. Theo and Maddie have the same best friend Alexa. Unfortunately for Alexa, they themselves don't like each other at all. Maddie thinks Theo is pompous and boring, while Theo is convinced Maddie is as shallow as it gets. Despite all this, they suddenly find themselves madly attracted to each other to the point of starting a secret sexual relationship. They both agree to keep it secret from their best friend, but where will all this go? they ...more
Warda
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t too convinced by this book. It stayed lukewarm the entire time and I couldn’t really get on board on the relationship.
I don’t know whether that had to do with the writing or the characters themselves.

Meh.
Gabby
I mean this was alright. This is my second book from Jasmine Guillory, and even though I liked this one more than The Proposal I still had some issues with it. I think this is way too mild for a book claiming to be a hate-to-love romance. These two characters didn't really "hate" each other, they just made fun of each other sometimes and there was not nearly enough banter. They would just pretend they disliked each other and then have sex a bunch of times. A pet peeve of mine in romance is when ...more
Susanne  Strong
5 Entertaining, Flirty, Fun and Salacious Stars!

Talk about fun! “The Wedding Party” by Jasmine Guillory is absolutely everything I was hoping it would be and more.

Maddie and Theo just don’t like each other, in fact, if we’re being honest here, they hate each other. The problem: they both share the same best friend: Alexa, which puts them in close proximity quite often.

One night Maddie and Theo end up doing the deed and the sparks FLY. Of course, it happens again.. and then, they make a pact.
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aw, this is so much fun! I’ve read and loved Jasmine Guillory’s other two contemporary romances, and The Wedding Party is just as entertaining!

Maddie and Theo don’t like each other; however, they have a best friend in common, Alexa. You can probably already sense where that tension may lead them…

They had an “oops” night together, and ever since, they are each obsessed with each other.

Alexa is about to get married, and both Maddie and Theo are in the bridal party. That attraction will not go
etherealfire
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was received in a GoodReads ARC Giveaway. I'm love, love, loving Jasmine Guillory's Wedding Date series. The Wedding Party is the 3rd installment and the perfect contemporary romance summer read! I've been crushing on Theo since the first book and this pairing gave me the feel-good HEA I needed right about now. This book was the perfect antidote to some of my heavier reads this summer, light and delicious and leaving me hungering for the next one!
Kendall
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine Guillory's The Wedding Party is her best book to date so far!

I read The Proposal and was disappointed but am so glad I was able to get an advanced copy of her newest book because it was so much fun!

Jasmine delivers a steamy, sweet, sassy, and oh so sexy romance novel. This isn't just a typical romance novel.. it definitely as depth to the characters and you just fall in love with the entire crew!

Maddie and Theo have two things in common. 1. Alex is their best friend 2. They hate one
Trina (Between Chapters)
Enemies with benefits!
Navessa
Apr 14, 2019 marked it as to-read

Thanks so much to Berkley for granting my ARC on NetGalley!

Blog | FB | Twitter | IG | Pinterest | Tumblr | YouTube
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
The Wedding Party was so much fun! And so freaking cute! And so sexy and smart and so very, very quintessential Jasmine Guillory. I devoured this book in a day and enjoyed everydelectable, romantic morsel of it.

This enemies to lovers romance follows Theo and Maddie, mutual friends of Alexa from The Wedding Date! These characters can't decide if they want each other or want to throttle each other, but as members of Alexa's bridal party, they also can't avoid each other. And so a complicated
Erin
The Wedding Party is book 3 in The Wedding Date series. And this book has my favorite romance trope Enemies 2 Lovers. And while the storyline in this book was slightly weaker than the other books I liked the couple Maddie & Theo the best.

Maddie & Theo reminded me of Kyle & Max from the 90's sitcom Living Single. Maddie thinks Theo is stuck up and boring. Theo thinks Maddie is superficial and tiresome. After they get drunk and have really really really good sex. They decide to keep
Obsidian
So this pains me. I bought this today and ended up not really enjoying it. It was a fight to finish because in the end Maddie and Theo were not as intriguing as Alexa and Drew (The Wedding Date) and even Carlos and Nik (The Proposal). If you are going to do a hate to love romance you have to make me actually believe the two people don't like each other. We are finally shown what happened when Maddie and Theo first met and yeah, Theo sucked, but after that there was nothing there. We should have ...more
Emma
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love me a good haters-to-lovers trope and this was done so well! I think that Theo and Maddie showed a lot of chemistry on the page and that's probably what made me like them so much. I also liked how they showed their true selves to each other, layer after layer, by sharing their hopes and fears. Obviously it was also nice to see some of the characters from the previous two books.
I really encourage you to read this one!
Jessica
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I really love Jasmine Guillory and the Wedding Date series. I was so excited when this book was going to surround Drew and Alexa's wedding and their friends falling for one another.

The moment Maddie met Theo, she's hated him. He may be her best friend's other best friend, but his infuriating and arrogant personality is not attractive to her. Until one night leads to a little more and Maddie doesn't know what to do. Maddie sets a deadline for Alexa's wedding and, after that, all ties are cut.
FMABookReviews
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
'The Wedding Party' was a feel-good book. And sometimes, you just need to feel good!

Do you remember Alexa's best friend from 'The Wedding Date'? This is Maddie's story!! I was so excited to read her story and I wasn't disappointed!

Maddie is funny, smart, and has a sharp tongue when feeling vulnerable. She's not opposed to relationships she just hasn't found anyone who accepts her for the "real" Maddie. She hasn't found anyone with whom she can be herself. That is until a moment of weakness has
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars

Such a lovely and lighthearted story, I love this author writing so much her stories are addictive and fun to read!The Wedding Party was so enjoyable, I loved the storyline and I adored Theo and Maddie. Maddie is funny. Their relationship is sexy and I liked how things went for them! It felt realistic to me and I like it a lot for it! This series is getting better and better I can’t wait to read the next book!

Stacee
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely my favorite of the series.

I loved Maddie and Theo. They’re both perfectionists and maybe a little prickly, but their banter was fun. Even if I spent the entire book alternating between wanting to slap the stupid out of them and mashing their faces together. Of course it was fun to see Alexa and Drew and Nik and Carlos again.

Plot wise, it was easy and comfortable and that may have been the best part. I loved how compatible Maddie and Theo were. It was great to see the
Leigh Kramer
Before I get in to why this book didn’t work for me, I want to mention something that did: Alexa and Maddie’s friendship, particularly the way Maddie processed how Alexa’s engagement and marriage could change their friendship. It is a big adjustment when your best friend gets involved with someone, especially if you’re not also in a serious relationship, and I liked how the story delved into this. It reminded me of conversations I had with my closest friends before they got married and really ...more
Princess
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this from Penguin and Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review. This one was just so so for me, I kinda got tired of them constantly denying their feelings and being mean. It just didn’t even make sense part of the time. I enjoyed Alexa and was glad for the hea.
andrea
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I AM SO EXCITED
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Wedding Party is book three in the Wedding Date series. These books are sort of a cross between contemporary romance, romantic comedy, and Chick Lit.

This book is Maddie and Theo's book (3rd person POVs). Maddie is Alexa from the Wedding Date's best friend. And Theo works with Alexa.

This book is very connected to The Wedding Date as Alexa is in this book a lot.

Maddie is a stylist. Theo works for the mayor of Berkeley, Calfornia.

It took me a while to really get into this story. Even though I
Play Book Tag: The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory -- 3 stars 10 15 Aug 23, 2019 04:11AM
Slay Girl Slay Bo...: The Wedding Party 1 5 Aug 12, 2019 08:59PM

• The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Friend Zone
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • Meet Cute
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Flatshare
Jasmine Guillory is a graduate of Wellesley College and Stanford Law School. She is a Bay Area native who has towering stacks of books in her living room, a cake recipe for every occasion, and upwards of 50 lipsticks.

The Wedding Date (4 books)
  • The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • The Proposal (The Wedding Date, #2)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)