Start by marking “Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)” as Want to Read:
Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)

Truth or Bear

(Shift #2)

Even a lone wolf’s heart can be broken.

Nikolai’s life was going just fine—until he was betrayed. He’s lost his job, his family’s trust, and his purpose, all for the cost of falling for a pretty bear. Now his friends have turned against him and they won’t stop until he’s dead. The last thing he wants to do is join forces with the woman responsible, but she might be his only
Published February 28th 2019 (first published February 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth or Bear

Start your review of Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)
Jolie Vines
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you started this smart, romantic shifter series yet? You really should. It's a breath of fresh air with its fast pace and sexy no-angst romances.
In book two, we meet Nik and Masha. It's high action right from the start as Nik, a soldier in a group of rebel shifters, realises Masha, his lover, is a spy. He catches her red-handed stealing secrets, and can't help but hand her over to his boss.
Poor Nik is heartbroken. More so when he finds out exactly who Masha is. Her real name of Claire shoul
Maraia
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe Ashwood’s sophomore novel, part two in the Shift series, has all the charm, feminist themes, and addictiveness of her first novel.

+ As with the first novel, one of my favorite aspects of Truth or Bear is the shifter world Zoe has created. I love how it ties the shifters to nature and the feeling of freedom. I also think it’s great that shifters aren’t limited to predators. In this book we come across a family of hedgehogs, a pangolin, and other interesting animals you don’t normally encount
Elle Thorpe
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy. What a ride this book was. Thrown straight back into the shifter world, this time we pick up the story from Clare and Nik's points of view. Yet again, another killer opening chapter from this author. And the action doesn't let up from there. Bullets fly but so do sparks, and the chemistry between these two forbidden lovers is electric. And don't even start me on that ending. I need the next book immediately!
These aren't your average paranormal romance books. They're smart and sexy with
Adrienne McFarlane
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd book of the Shift series. The series is built on an interesting shifter society within human society. When a soldier in a clandestine organization is shown that he was duped into believing lies, he struggles to determine what is real and who is really important to him. Can he move forward with the shifter he has fallen for and help her and her group against his former friends and organization. Well written.
Tina
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I had a hard copy, it would probably be dog-eared by now. Excellent read, this is a book that stands out as something special. Great story, well plotted and unmissable.

Anna Lyman
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This continues the story from 1st book. It is fill of suspense, intrigue and danger. I love this author and did not put it down and I cant wait to continue the story in the next book.
Jessie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, paranormal
I received this arc in exchange of my honest review.

I enjoyed more this part of the series than the first. Have a very interesting story, with a lot of action, suspense, drama, intrigue and violence, which kept my interest. I wasn't disappointed and met my expectations.

The main character is Claire, who I met previously. She is the princess of the Thibault Clan. Had a kind of mission in hands to helped his people. Masha (Claire) is Nik girlfriend. Pretty soon he discovered something about her th
Raquel
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received Truth or Bear - the second novel in the Shift series from Zoe Ashwood in exchange for an honest review! First of all, I really enjoyed her first novel, Trust the Wolf and was excited about the continuation of the series through a new set of eyes. Truth or Bear is an urban fantasy/erotic/romance novel.
I really loved Emilia and Jason in Trust the Wolf but Claire and Nikolai were perrrrfect. Maybe it's cause when we first start reading we already know that they have some history so seei
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

At the end of Trust the Wolf, Claire is out of contact, probably in trouble.  The next book in the Shift series ,  begins in time, right at the end of the previous one. Truth or Bear.  Claire is part of the SANA world where a council governs shifters and protects humans. The Guard is against SANA which requires registrat
Sian’s Reading Adventure
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toni
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire aka Masha has been caught by the terrorists. She;s beaten and shot but not before she manages to make sure Nik escapes. Nik gets away and heads home but it;s not his home any longer since his father is a rabid supporter of the Guard/terrorists. But his biggest worry and concern is Masha/Claire...is she still alive. He has deep seated feelings for her and can;t shake her from her mind. Then at her family home he sees she;s still alive, thanks to his calling in a tip of where she was. After ...more
Debbie Caswell
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series just as brilliant as "Trust the Wolf" the first book in this series and I would advise that you read them in order though they can be read as a stand alone

Claire/Masha has gone undercover in an attempt to find out what Maxwell is planning she is taken prisoner and is nearly killed but she makes sure that Nik escapes He returns to his pack but no longer feels welcome there and also he can't forget Claire He travels to her pack and find that she was rescue due to
Penny Ellgass
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire daughter of the ruler of the Bear Clan and next in line. Under cover in the Guard a group trying to over throw the shifter government, that operate like terrorist.
Nik an officer in the Guard believing he fighting on the side of good.
These 2 fall for each other but can they reach a common ground in the middle of a war.
Loved this 2nd book as much as the first. It is a can't put down read.

Whitney Goyette
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author. I LOVE THIS BOOK. I've read the first as well, and I love that this was the second story. Can't wait to see what comes next! It's such a great take on shifter/supernatural romance. The characters are well developed and you really get into the story because of them. You route for them, cry for them. I'd really suggest you read the books in order but you can easily read this as a stand alone and enjoy it as well. The book is written well ...more
Tracey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good shifter romance.💞🐻🐺💖💞

This is quite the story about Nik and Masha/Claire and the power of love. Nik and Claire were raised on opposite sides of the shifter equation but lately, Nik had begun to wonder if he was fighting for the right thing. When he bursts into the server room and discovers Masha with a laptop, he knows he's been played but needs to know if it was all fake. When she risks her own life to give him a chance to escape, he wonders just how much was real... and what else
Tammy Cody
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truth or Bear picks up where Shifter book 1 “Trust the Wolf” leaves off. It won’t kill the storyline of this book if you don’t read Trust the Wolf but I would recommend starting with book one just so you get the full story.

Claire and Nick’s story is full of action, bullets flying, suspense, and swoony scenes. I love the connection that is evident between the two of them despite their original political differences. We also get to catch up with Emilia and Jason, Mat and Zach, and the Shades.

I c
Jennifer Wertz
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is a fantastic book. It is action packed, adventurous and romantic. The balance between romantic conflict, action, adventure and steamy romance is just perfect. The characters are wonderful and relatable. The ending is incredible and leaves you wanting the next book. I highly recommend this book. I can't wait for the next book.
Erin Figueiredo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 is just as good as book 1.

The story continues and is full of suspense, intrigue and hotness! The romance is definitely slow burn but worth the wait. The main characters are well developed and you will fall in love with them.

This book is action packed and exciting.

Definitely worth the read. Great Story.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TRUTH OR BEAR by Zoe Ashwood is a wonderful story to read. This is book number two in this wonderful series that I loved reading so far. I can not wait to read the next book in this series and I highyl recommend this story to everyone who loves bear shifter stories as much as I do.

Sherry Westendorf
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very intense, suspenseful, exciting, fun, emotional and so much more. Very in-depth characters with a great story. She ruins him in a lot of ways and then ends up needing him to help her. What a mess. I voluntarily review this for booksprout.
Tammy Crawford
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing read. Nik and Claire's chemistry was amazing and HOT. This book is filled with danger, action-packed fighting, and romance. Couldn't put this book down, reading on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for the next book in this series. Highly recommend this book.
Diane
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "TRUTH OR BEAR" What an amazing, exciting, intriguing, captivating, intense action packed drama with twists that have you turning the pages faster than you can read. Claire and Nik are forbidden lovers on opposite sides when circumstances bring them together once again can they work together to make things right their chemistry sizzles. This is absolutely a must read the second book in this fantastic series with such unuque paranormal characters so well worth the ...more
Fred
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From lovers to on the run!

This was a very well written story about finding your mate and being caught being a spie and be rescued by your former enemy and lover
Becky
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed it. The romance between Nik and Claire was nice but I have questions. I just really don't like SANA and find it unfair those wanting to live outside that are in the Guard and the Guard has become this mega terrorist group. Just ugh SANA is the worst dictatorship and I want change.
Melonie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where Book 1 ended. We meet Claire and Nik and this book is their story. Fast paced and full of action. I loved it. You feel like you are right there watching the story alone in for t if you. I am very much looking forward to the next book!!!
Julie Jackson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read. Nik and Claire are made for each other but first Nik has to work through her betrayal and figure out a way to stop Maxwell. The road is rocky for them but I have no doubt that these two can work together and accomplish anything. Excellent writing with a storyline that will take you on the ride of your life.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read from beginning to end! An exciting storyline that leaves you breathless wanting more! Sexy steam filled chemistry! Emotionally heartfelt, enjoyable and fun! One heck of a twisted, intense rollercoaster ride! An amazing must read!

Christine Woinich
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second in the series, and I am still enjoying the world. There is danger everywhere, sides to choose, and misinformation abounding. Claire and Nik came from opposite sides, but both realize things needed to change. Nik was willing to put aside his misconceptions as events unfolded, and Claire wanted to keep Nik by her side. There were some steamy scenes as well as some violent ones. I enjoyed this one as much as the last, and look forward to the next.

I received an ARC through Enticing Journey Bo
Cheri Tipler
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Truth or Bear was fun, teeth grinding, smiling & breath holding. Clair & Nik have a connection and these two are going to make it work. Bring down terrorist is their mission and keeping other safe. Zoe Ashwood has a talent for a good engaging story. Now I need to get my next book in the series read on.... ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire and Nik are perfect for each other, well after Nik works through Claire’s betrayal. They have to stop Maxwell but will Nik be able to trust Claire? Oh my the suspense in this book is top notch and along with the action-packed scenes I couldn’t put it down! I can’t wait for the next installment of this series!!

• Midnight Touch (Midnight Pack #1)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
  • Rock Hard: Chord Brothers, Book 1
  • Real Men Howl (Real Men Shift, #1)
  • Give Me a Dream (Billionaires Abroad, #0.5)
  • Notorious in a Kilt (Hot Scots #5)
  • Seeking the Fae (Daughter of Light #1)
  • Witch Is How To Fool Cats (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #34)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Bears with Benefits Box Set
  • Witch is How To Lose Big (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #35)
  • Witch is How Life Changed Forever (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #36)
  • Midnight Temptation (Midnight Pack #2)
  • Griffin Drake (Aurum Court Dragons, #4)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Expectant Moon (Gladstone Shifters, #1)
  • Witch is How Bells Were Saved (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #33)
  • The Perfect Match (Sinful Desires #2)
Zoe Ashwood is a romance writer with a passion for suspenseful stories with a sexy twist. She's in love with the art of making up stories - and making her characters fall in love.

For news about book releases and exclusive freebies and giveaways, join her newsletter !

You can also find her on: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest.

Shift (4 books)
  • Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)
  • Make Him Howl (Shift #3)
  • Only Human (Shift #4)