Start by marking “Bright (The Four Horsemen)” as Want to Read:
Bright (The Four Horsemen)

Bright

(The Four Horsemen #8)

What happens to Vee and the Four Horsemen after Reckoning? Their story isn't over yet. The end of Chaos brings a new beginning.

The Four Horsemen experience Christmas, and the holiday season is a bigger challenge than they expected. The parties are hell, the traditions confusing, and the angel they encounter is more dangerous than the one Vee places on top of their Christ
Published December 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bright

Start your review of Bright (The Four Horsemen)
Katyana
***3.5***

It's not that I didn't enjoy it - I did. But there's not much of a plot. It feels more like an extended epilogue to the rest of the series, for the most part. That's to be expected - it is a transition book, and it starts setting up where Vee and the Horsemen go, story-wise, after the Apocalypse was averted in Reckoning.

I'm definitely all in for the new journey. Just wish we got more juicy details in this book, because it was mostly a tease.
Jennifer G
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Pony Boys will do almost anything for their fifth but the Holiday season is testing their limits. Christmas parties, decorations, ugly sweaters, present buying, and eggnog. Vee wants the perfect Christmas for the five of them and as much as they want her to be happy, they just don't understand why some of it even matters. However, they are willing to go along with her enthusiasm if it keeps a smile on her face after the terror that Chaos put them through. However, when a Christmas card arriv ...more
Rambling Reader
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Getting Bright so soon after Sinister/Tricked (the Halloween novellas) is a delightful treat. I love every visit back to Vee and the Horsemen's world...a world which SHOULD have been much more peaceful, now that Seth is gone.

For me, the main purposes of Bright seemed to be opening up the arc for a new string of books and showcasing the way Vee's relationships with her men are evolving.

The "villains" of Bright are a little preview of what's to come. However, not all of the Dwellers that came th
Lisa Maher
Shelves: rh
As a fan of this series of books, I am always up for another installment in the lives of Vee and her horsemen, and this does not disappoint. How do Vee and the guys spend Christmas, you might ask? In a very interesting manner. Vee is all set for a quiet Christmas at home with her guys doing all the traditional Christmas things, including putting an Angel on the top of the tree much to Xander's dismay. This, however, is not how things work out as interesting encounters at a shopping mall, a Chris ...more
Nicole Namen
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heather
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that Ms. Swallow is continuing this series. I love reading about Vee and her Four Horsemen.
Vee and her guys are getting ready for their first Christmas and Vee is going all out. There’s Christmas parties, shopping, sweaters (jumpers) the guys are expected to wear, and lots of decorations. In the meantime, Dwellers are causing problems and some old enemies show up.
I laughed so hard at some parts. Vee’s expectations for the guys and their responses to those requests are hilarious.
Janet
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trying to find were they belong in the world. This is the second story of the Horsemen I have read. I like the stories so far. They have a lot of truth in them, about living together. Five people put together and try to live together can be H**l if you don't try very hard to be happy. I like the story. It is a different way to see the Horsemen. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Theresa Wesley
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading about Vee and the Horseman. I am so happy their story hasn't ended. This Christmas book doesn't disappoint. All Vee wants is a normal human Christmas; but can the horseman put away all of their business and relax? There is always something new out there just waiting to intrude. I really like the introduction of the new character and am anxious to see where things lead with him. I really enjoyed this story.
Kadie
I think this series probably should have ended with the original books as this mini installment didn't do a lot to further the story.

Vee and her obsession with Christmas in the face of an actual crisis was rather laughable and the story only really got started at the very end.

I don't find the chemistry authentic anymore and the horsemen all seem to have merged into one grumpy guy.

Hate that it ended on a cliffhanger as there is no sight of the next book.
Becci Evans
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always great to hear from the guys and see what they have been up too. Another great read, really enjoyed it and hoping there is more to come. Always kept wanting more, hope the pony boys and Vee come back again soon with lots more adventure and of course banter. Was a nice change seeing them trying to be human dealing with a normal Christmas.
Aimee
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was fun to see the Horsemen and Vee at Christmas time! I also liked getting to see how they are handling things after the defeat of Chaos. This story did bring some mystery and questions of interest like introducing Dimitri. I am definitely interested in learning what will happen next after that epilogue!
Jocelyn LeDonne
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Pony Boys! This holiday novellas are awesome and give us glimpses in to their lives after Chaos/Seth. I can't wait for the new books and the new storyline. I miss Vee and the guys. This Christmas story is entertaining and steamy and I love how they are trying to do some of the human things for Vee. Great Christmas story for Vee and her Horsemen.
Danielle Grimes-Oliveira
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing addition to the series

I love this whole series! This book was just as good as all the others and was an amazing addition I never get bored reading about Vee and the four horsemen. It always leaves me wanting more . Can't wait for the next one. I am really looking forward to more.
Felicia Schuster-Lloyd
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this extra story for vee and the horseman and getting to see them have some normal human time. Can't wait for the new storyline with them. It said it comes out this year but i can't find anything out. Such an amazing series!
Kelly Madison
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More, I need more!

I got so sucked into the story I forgot it was the Christmas novella, lol. Watching the pony boys and Vee grow and adapt has been an amazing ride. To get a glimpse of more to come and answers to my questions about their past has me itching for the next book.
April
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This is a good read. I love Vee and the four horsemen but it's not as exciting as it once was. It's time to move on. I want more of Syv and the huntress books.
Erika
Oct 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars
Erin Dall
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
More more more

I need more Ver and Xander!!! The past few stories only have teasers but no follow through! I am happy that there will be more stories so hopefully I get my wish!
Marilyn Burgess
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series
Rosalind Bath
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bright

I can't get enough of these guys! I love the dynamics of them. Another great read, and storyline. And a lead into their next book!
Yahuhanan (יהוחנן) Yukia (雪亮) Sese (謝) Cuneta
A bridge

This was a good bridge from one series to another. Concise yet full of action and humanity. I just hope the new character isn't who I think he is.
Book Addict
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these quick additions to this series from LJ Swallow. They give us more of an insight to what is going on with Vee and her guys, especially how Xander is coping with the ‘normal’ life! This short story is full of action and mystery and it had me attention from page one until the very last page! I am super excited to see what happens in this next story! Highly recommended like all of Lisa’s books!
Houda Ameri
Jan 17, 2020
Kellie Williams
Jan 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Nightworld Academy: Term Four (Nightworld Academy #4)
  • Twilight Crook (Flirting with Monsters, #2)
  • Shadow Thief (Flirting with Monsters #1)
  • Runes of Royalty (A Demon's Fall #4)
  • Curse of Dragons (Sera's Curse #2)
  • Waking the Gods (Their Dark Valkyrie, #4)
  • A Court of Earth and Aether (War of the Gods, #4)
  • Darkness Bound (The Witch's Rebels, #2)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • Ride the Wave (Her Elemental Dragons, #4)
  • The Sins of Desire (The Demons' Muse #3)
  • Jump through Fire (Harem of Freaks #4)
  • The Frozen Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic, #4)
  • Magic Unchained (Half-Blood Academy, #4)
  • Magic Fury (Half-Blood Academy, #3)
  • Game of Lies (Magic Awakened, #2)
  • Consort of Rebels (Magic Awakened, #3)
  • Triskele (The TriAlpha Chronicles, #2)
LJ Swallow is a paranormal romance and urban fantasy author who is the alter-ego of bestselling contemporary romance author Lisa Swallow.

Giving in to her dark side, LJ spends time creating worlds filled with supernatural creatures who don’t fit the norm, and heroines who are more likely to kick ass than sit on theirs.

The Four Horsemen (8 books)
  • Legacy (The Four Horsemen, #1)
  • Bound (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Hunted (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Guardians (The Four Horsemen, #4)
  • Chaos (The Four Horsemen, #5)
  • Descent (The Four Horsemen, #6)
  • Reckoning (The Four Horsemen, #7)

News & Interviews