Start by marking “Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great” as Want to Read:
Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great

Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great

A companion guidebook to the number-one bestselling Good to Great, focused on implementation of the flywheel concept, one of Jim Collins’ most memorable ideas that has been used across industries and the social sectors, and with startups.

The key to business success is not a single innovation or one plan. It is the act of turning the flywheel, slowly gaining momentum and ev
Published February 26th 2019 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about Turning the Flywheel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turning the Flywheel

Paweł Skorupiński
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-read-2019
Very nice most recent summary of Jim Collins' concepts on greatness of enterprises and their leaders with the zoom on the concept of the flywheel - I would say, giving just enough information about it to inspire to think about one's own organisational or personal set of reoccurring actions indispensable for continuous growth.

The book is little in size and is meant to be read with another author's book, Good to Great. It will be a good add on for the ones knowing the school of Jim Collins. Will p
Mike Hales
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple, clear and easily applicable

Jim Collins' work is so well thought out that it naturally hangs together and make sense in a number of contexts. You could easily apply the flywheel idea to just about anything. It's not the model but the understanding of what you're applying it to that is really important. Especially important is that it's not a goal or state but a continual process.
Great reading.
Robert Lewandowsieg
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good addition to the good to great book, but imagined some more breakdown of the type of flywheels out there (revenue Vs people driven for example). Nevertheless important book in fully applying the principles of Jim Collins to your own enterprise, especially thanks to a final breakdown of the 4 phases of good to great and built to last.
Genesis Management
Quick and useful read but ...

A concise picture of the flywheel concept and the surrounding concepts: discipline, hedgehog, etc.
However, it does not really elaborate much more than the book. i had hoped for more about steps for discovering the elements of the flywheel (and what how to decide what not is included), but Jim still leave it closer to a dark art than a science.
Terry
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Second Monograph to go with Good to Great. This on focuses of the Flywheel concept. As I prepare to change careers, this and Good to Great and the Social Sectors, gives me much to think about as to how I want to proceed.
Chris
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good to Great served as the foundation for the way I approached leading an organization for a couple of years. As I was rereading GTG I discovered the Turning the Flywheel monograph. As an introduction or distillation of Jim Collins work I think it is great! I’ll be passing it around to others.
Steven Willmott
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short book so you might wonder if you're getting your Money's worth but ... it's a really helpful set of ideas to help explore how to power a business. It goes together with "Good to Great" which remains one of my alltime favorite business books.
Brian Gimlett
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this short read (perfect for a short weekend) Jim goes into greater detail of his flywheel theory, which http://www.samseely.com/blog/2016/5/2... Amazon adopted and popularize. There are useful examples from multiple industries included.
Tiffany
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love everything by Jim Collins and this wrapped them all up in a package for great review!
Justin Hennessy
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some really good concepts in here to help a business, department or team focus on what is truly important to get the momentum of success and how to focus on the right things.
Jono
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
tara sheeder
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really like the flywheel concept. Could apply to many business applications.ok
Antony Mayfield
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Expensive for a 40 page read, I think it is important to say. I found it valuable however, especially as the flywheel idea is part of my organisation’s strategy.
Kathy Cowie
To be reviewed in the September-October issue of Global Business and Organizational Excellence.
Shawn