Start by marking “An Ill-Made Match (Vawdrey Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Ill-Made Match (Vawdrey Brothers, #3)

An Ill-Made Match

(Vawdrey Brothers #3)

Roland Vawdrey is used to the best. As the King’s champion he sets all the maiden’s hearts a-flutter. When it comes to picking out a wife, he knows exactly what he requires, perfection of face and form. Naturally, his choice falls on the fair Lenora. His dreams may be haunted by a stolen kiss with uptight Eden, but he’s not about to throw himself away on some prim, paragon ...more
Published October 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about An Ill-Made Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Ill-Made Match

Celestine
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dastardly Roland gets punked!
Those of you who have read the previous two Vawdrey Brothers books will wonder how in the world will selfish and self-centered youngest brother Roland get turned into a hero. Well, it happens reluctantly, slowly, and yet, somehow, overnight. Circumstances place the immature superstar "athlete" of the medieval setting with the queen's right-hand woman, who is utterly self-possessed, cultured and far too busy to worry about men. But Roland rolls with it. And I loved ev
This was what I’ve come to expect from Alice Coldbreath: something completely engaging, light hearted and charming with just a bit of depth. I liked the dual povs, the funny Vawdrey brother idiosyncrasies and the fact that there was no OP drama at all. I wish that Roland wasn’t such a manho before this story took place but at least (view spoiler). All in all, an adorably fun tale.

The plot has become a bit formulaic but there were enough dif
Carvanz
There is no denying this author writes the exact type of heroes I love. I’m talking, possessive, jealous, protective and inst-love/lust without ever being over the top, heroes. And while Roland and Eden’s story may not have been my very favorite, these are the type of books that even the least favorite still outshines the best of some authors.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about Roland. He didn’t exactly fare well in the first book of the series when he was part of that couple’s problem
Petra
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would give this wonderful book 8 stars if I could. Such a great and unexpected story that kept me glued to every word. I also loved the sense of humor that is sprinkled throughout this book.
At first I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I could like Roland from what I knew of him from previous books. Yet he turned out magnificent. It wasn't as if he all of a sudden become an angel. He was still crude and unartistic in his speech and manners but totally great husband.
Portrayal of Eden took
Oh Roland, you poor thing, ending up with such a shrew. I feel sorry for you.
DKC
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever read a romance novel and come across a rather snooty, seemingly bitchy, but in the end, good-hearted grand dame? Ever wonder what she might be like in her younger years? Well, this book basically gives a good idea of that in Eden, the heroine.

Oh, the baby of the Vawdry's is all grown up, and he's in for it!
I'll get the things that irritated me out of the way, because I really enjoyed this quite a lot. But, it would have benefited from better proof-reading and editing. There were several in
Kathy
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ill-made match

This was brought up in court by the queen who had the dubious task of deciding whether their marriage would stand or not. I really liked Roland. He was a man's man with no apologies for who he is. Eden has been taken into her uncle's home but more as a companion to his daughter. She is not treated as an equal. They are found in a compromising situation. Such a scandal! Now they are married and trying to get to know one another and make the best of the situation. How I loved their r
Sarah Ashley
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I have been head over heels in love with every single one of your books and I can't wait to read the rest of them you really capture the insecurity that most women have about them selves and I have been one of these women i am truly grateful to read such beautifully written books the love feels so genuine your amazing . I am happily married and still find I'm insecure lol. But I feel I relate to your characters. Anyways amazing job.

Sarah Rodriguez
BJ
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
10 stars - loved it. We've seen the H grow into the man he is in this book. He is comfortable in his skin, knows what he wants and he wants the h. He is besotted, knows it and flaunts it. She's the one who has to grow the most, she's quite a prude who blossoms into a wonderfully direct and sweet woman as a result of his love. He sees her as no-one else does. Nothing is easy for them though, loved his conversations about her and with her. Great installment in this series, can't wait for more.
TJW
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love these stories

The three Vawdrey brothers each have a light-hearted tale of romance gone wrong and all the frantic efforts to put it right. Each book is delightfully creative, and the characters are so much fun to spend time with. I hate to see the end of each book and look forward to the next.
percy hoogeveen
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly enjoyable!

Finally Roland's story is told -- and quite well! He has certainly matured from when he was first introduced in Her Bastard Bridegroom. I don't want to spoil the story, so all I can say is that it is definitely worth getting and I highly recommend it. I cannot wait for the next one - don't know if I want Elena's story or Mathilda's story next. 😊
Kelsey
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as amazing as the first two books in the series.

What I love about the first two Vawdrey Brothers books is that each plot is the perfect mixture of romance, humor, and intrigue. This makes the stories exciting and ones that I enjoy reading over and over again. The third book in the series lives up to its predecessors and I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Josephine Coleman
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

Eden Montmayne and Roland Vawdrey are excellent characters and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every page. This book is now one of my favorites! This romance set in medieval times was a breath of fresh air! I'm looking forward to Alice Coldbreath's next book in the series.
Booklass Garrahan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well done

Book 2 was a perfect read for me, so this one was doomed to not measure up. That said, it is still very good. My only fault with it is that I wanted more tender times (no, I don't mean sex) when the couple was in harmony. Still, that is my personal preference. Childbirth is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. Her books, this one included, make me happy.
Julie French
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent finish to the Vawdrey brothers

Really enjoyed the whole series as they were lovely sweet stories which were well written and entertaining

Looking forward to the next book
Jenny Koch
I'm loving all the books in this series. While I may have liked books 1 and 2 slightly more than this one, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been eagerly awaiting this book since I finished book 2 and was shocked to find out it had been released a month ago without me even noticing.
Melissa
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

Read all three in the series and this one was my favorite though I enjoyed them all. Nice character building and I like how the love grows between the characters. Love then ending! I look forward to the other novels in this series.
Deborah Bowens
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed all three books. The third book didn't disappoint. I can't wAit on the other two books. I look forward to the story of when the proxy get her man.
Peggy Miller
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love at it's best!

The Vawdrey takes never fail to entertain the reader. The story's are full of details of life at that time. I love the mix of drama and humor in this series. Eden and Roland,s tale delivers all the best element of great story with love added.

Rebecca
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I love the story so much. I read it twice before I can write this review. Alice you write a very lovely love story, I can not decide which story among the three brothers is the best. More please
Kathy
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this last book. Forgot to review.
It was almost as good as the other two. My personal favorite being book one, Her Baseborn Bridegroom.
Liked it so much I bought all three in the series, with no remorse.
LISA
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as entertaining as the previous books-
Dulcie H
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
4.5 romantic historical, yet hot stars!!! I love the world that the author has built here and am enthused that there will be more of the books to come.... sigh.
Laura's
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 3Book Series

How delightful. I have chuckled
& Laughed throughout all 3books. I am looking forward to more of the same in the books that folloe.
Katie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good read

Lighthearted and amusing. The characters were likable and the plot was straightforward without being pedestrian. I will be reading the other books in the series.
Rs
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it
Carina
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This one was nice!

I did enjoy this book, i do love "marriage of convenience" stories. Is not as good as the first 2 books, but is really enjoyable. I recommend it!
Adia Al-rubayee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite type

This book has everything I like. I always wanted to read about snobby heroine who is to cold to know how to love! Oh and Ronald he matured very nicely for his story!
Love it
Totally recommend it
michelle jenkins
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Really enjoyed this trilogy of books, all three are brilliantly written, and I really looked forward to Roland and Eden's story. This is truly a most read trilogy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Vawdrey Brothers (4 books)
  • Her Bastard Bridegroom (Vawdrey Brothers, #1)
  • His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers, #2)
  • Vawdrey Brothers (3 Book Series)