Start by marking “Project Canvas” as Want to Read:
Project Canvas

Project Canvas

An international writing community.

61 authors
11 countries
6 continents

Are you looking for advice on how to create the perfect villain? Do you need the courage to put your story down on paper? Find this and more in Project Canvas, a writing resource written completely by teen and young adult writers and compiled by Caroline Meek and Olivia Rogers.

Project Canvas includes:
Published November 15th 2018 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Project Canvas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Canvas

Start your review of Project Canvas
Kellyn Roth
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-someday
I'm one of the many writers of this amazing resource! :)
k.m.s.
What can I say? Project Canvas is one of the most inspiring and instructive books on writing I've read. Imagine all the wild passion of 61 young writers from around to the world poured into 327 pages: that is what this book is. It is on fire with a desire to change the world through writing.

The book covers everything from writing inspiration to practical instruction on topics like dialogue, backstory, and research, in addition to exploring a number of other topics relating to the writing life,
R.M. Archer
I’ve been following the Project Canvas blog for a while and I’ve really appreciated all the tips the contributors have shared. There are so many writers who are a part of Project Canvas, and it’s really cool to see so many people come together to celebrate art and help one another learn and grow in their craft. So obviously, when I had the opportunity to be part of a blog tour for the official book I jumped on it. Supporting fellow authors is something I’m really passionate about—which is part ...more
Nicole Dust
WOW.

I was not expecting this book to be this good, let me just say.

Usually, I’m not a fan of hyped-up books, and this was definitely hyped around the blogosphere. HOWEVER . . . it’s hyped for a good reason.

The writing advice offered in this book is concise and practical. Some personal favorite segments of mine include:

Writing is Freaking Hard by Aimee Meester (the dose of reality I needed - thank you!)
Wielding Theme and Passion by Audrey Caylin (I struggle with theme in my writing, so this was
Jenna
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super inspiring and motivating read. Chock-full of helpful articles that are short, easy to understand, and super beneficial. An awesome read for any young writer (or even adult writer too ;) ).
It was so cool to see articles by bloggers I'd been following, like Audrey Caylin and Hosanna Emily. :) Nice work guys!
S Brunning
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very useful and inspiring. Definitely worth reading for anyone who likes writing! A good mix of practical tips, general ideas and inspiration to help any aspiring author.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
I WROTE A PIECE IN THIS.
Rebekah
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was incredibly blessed to be not only a contributor to this amazing collection of helpful writing tips, but also a receiver of an ARC copy a couple weeks ago. Guys, I might be a little bias, but this book is getting five stars from me.

The timing worked out so that I finished my copy right before NaNoWriMo in November of 2018, and y'all...it was so inspiring. I've gone back and reread a couple of the sections during the first couple days of this month too because I was feeling
Aristae Henricus
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! Where do I even start? I'm pretty sure that words cannot express how amazing this book is.

To start, I discovered this book on Twitter and once I found that it was a book of writing advice and inspiration written by young writers I eagerly hounded Project Canvas' account and website, waiting for it to be published. It was a tad on the expensive side but soo worth every penny!

I've learned so much about the writing process and been inspired exceedingly. Not being able to keep this
Holly Davis
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderful collection of motivation and writing advice from 61 authors from 11 countries and 6 continents. It's so cool how writing can bring everyone together!
Soleil
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: owned
May 13, 2019
Kippar Curiel
Oct 14, 2019
Caroline Meek
Oct 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Aliya
Maris McKay
Sarah-Kate Elizabeth
Lilian
Nov 01, 2018

• Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Ember Dragon Daughter (The Fated Tales, #1)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Kisses from Katie
  • Tinaca Jones
  • Wilder Girls
  • The Power of Self-Compassion
  • Under Rose-Tainted Skies
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Like a Hurricane: The Indian Movement from Alcatraz to Wounded Knee
  • A Queer History of the United States
  • Read & Riot: A Pussy Riot Guide to Activism
  • White Cat (Curse Workers, #1)
  • Stars and Soul: A Sci-fi Flash Fiction Collection
  • I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
  • Demon, Volume 1
Caroline Meek is the editor-in-chief and co-founder of Project Canvas. She’s originally from Kansas City, Kansas, where she co-authored The Drawing in of Breath and attended Sumner Academy of Arts and Sciences. Caroline has a passion for bringing writers together and is currently studying English & Creative Writing on the Publishing track at the University of Iowa. This past summer, she worked ...more