Start by marking “Scarlet: Taming The Thirst (Moroi Society #2)” as Want to Read:
Scarlet: Taming The Thirst (Moroi Society #2)

Scarlet: Taming The Thirst

(Shades of Red #2)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B07J6SGQY1

A rogue scientist is infecting the vampire world with a deadly disease, and one woman is willing to risk it all for the cure.

❣️A must read if you like a little mystery and medicine with your paranormal romance!❣️

Published December 4th 2018 by Myth and Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarlet

Start your review of Scarlet: Taming The Thirst (Moroi Society #2)
Myriam
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tl-christianson
I started reading the second book immediately, because I had to know what happens, and I loved it as much as the first one, although it made me feel completely different emotions than the first book. Amazing. I cannot remember last time reading series in which the books were reflecting the main character more than the author’s personal style. So well done!
This book starts with an unexpected twist, and as I mentioned above, it carries a different tone and atmosphere. It is much faster paced and f
D.L. Blade
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author once again did a fantastic job bringing in new and refreshing ideas to a vampire story. I loved Sarah and her strong willed, yet stubborn personality. Much different than Emilie. Great twists and unexpected turns that will keep you engaged from the start.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Sarah and Karsten. The characters in this story were so well thought out and interesting! The story kept me on the edge until the last page! Did I say I loved it? I absolutely loved this story!

Carol
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarlet: The Thirst (Mystery - Medicine - Romance (Shades...

Well that sure didn’t go as I expected. It is an excellent book, I just wasn’t sure what to expect after reading the first book in the series. I think I was a little prejudice against Sarah but it didn’t take me long to come around and see that you just never should make snap decisions about anyone.
Anyway I really did enjoy this book a lot and would recommend it to all others.
Amy
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
WARNING: SPOILER ALERT for CRIMSON and SCARLET

This is the second book by T.L. Christanson that I have had the privilege to read. The plus is that this is the second of her series and it was AMAZING!!
This book started right after Crimson ended once Emelie was infected by the Vampire Virus and Owen had been changed.
We begin with Sarah who is Owens ex wife and she is still suffering from Blood Lust. We get to know who Sarah is and why she had to leave Owen and their children.
We are also introduce
John
If you like vampires who are more than just blood suckers, then you will definitely enjoy this second book in Shades of Red series by TL Christianson which was a super entertaining, yet dark story, that continued the search for a cure to a deadly vampire disease, as well as Sarah's overwhelming attempt to reign in her blood lust so she can see her children up close and in person, after being apart from them for years. It is also a story of a quietly developing love between two of the characters, ...more
Hannah
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not rave enough about this book. I started reading it and literally could not put it down. Finally, at 2 in the morning, I forced myself to get some sleep and then immediately began reading again the next day between classes! Sarah is totally my hero! She's strong but feminine. Her relationship with her ex-husband and her estranged kids added this tender and deep element to what is basically a steamy romance combined with continuous action. Karsten- aka - the Viking is smoking hot! I total ...more
Jessica Traver cashen
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Fantastic read, well written with a great plot and characters. I was absorbed from beginning to end. I couldn't put down this book! Scarlet starts where Crimson left off. Sarah is Owen's ex wife and she is still suffering from bloodlust. We also find out why she had to leave Owen and their children. Karsten is assigned Sarah to teach her how to deal with her bloodlust. Loved this book I can't wait to read the next in the series! I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this boo ...more
Heather W
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Shades of Red: Moroi Society series and it is really good! It gives more background information on Dr. Sarah Shepard. We also meet Karsten Ingvar, an elite Danish soldier who specializes in taming new vampires and has been assigned to help her. You will have mixed emotions when reading this book, but it is a must-read.

Laid-back Book Bitches
I loved this book just as much is if not more then the first. I was drawn in right away and the story wouldn't let me go even after I had finished. I will be honest sometimes I have a hard time getting in to Vampire reads, but this author knows how to draw you in and keep you there. I want to be just like Dr. Sarah Sephard when I decide to grow up. Everyone needs to go get this book, I promise you will not be sorry ...more
Angela Armstrong
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This book had me on the edge of my seat right until the last page! Holy crap what a ride! I'm hanging out for book 3!
Sarah's story wasn't what I expected at all, and I love how Christianson dealt with all of her issues and angst. Custody and parenting are such sensitive things and I cried several times in this book. I just loved it!
jay grange
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! After being left on a cliffhanger in crimson this book didnt disappoint! Proper edge of your seat read i literally couldnt put it down, Sten 😍😍 he is my vamp! Cant wait for ruby to see what happens next!
Alice J Muhr
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I couldn’t wait to read this second book and it was better than the first. I as mesmerized during the whole book. Now I can’t wait for book no#3.
Signed by your dmv buddy
Rebecca Austin
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Dr. Sarah Shepard is a virologist and has recently become a vampire. In order to protect her children, Rebecca and Jackson, she had to leave her home and husband Dr. Owen Bennett and let them grow up without her. Now she is working on finding a cure to a disease spreading through the Moroi population.

Karsten Ingvar has been hired to help Sarah control her feedings and adjusting to her new environment. He was part of an elite group of Danish soldiers and is taken in by Sarah's beauty and determin
Susan Homan
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet: Taming The Thirst

I am not typically a big fan of vampire books, but this one I loved. Possibly because all of the characters seemed so human. I did not read the first in the series, although I'm sure reading it would have helped me understand some of the characters more, and I do plan on getting it and reading it. Dr. Sarah Shepherd is a Moroi, but was turned after the birth of her second child. Sadly her turning made her crave blood - even from her own children, so she has been estrang
Lauren brooks
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A rogue scientist is infecting the Moroi of the world with a deadly disease, and one woman is willing to risk it all for the cure. Dr. Sarah Shepard doesn’t let anything get in her way. She’s a renegade virologist who’s on a mission to find a cure. However, as a new vampire, her out-of-control bloodlust has ruined her marriage, taken her kids and continues to plague her at every turn. Karsten Ingvar is an elite Danish soldier who specializes in taming new vampires. When he takes an assignment to ...more
Carolyn
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Lust

This not my normal genre but I did find I enjoyed this book. I’m going to have to backtrack and read the first book but had no problem reading this one as a stand-alone. This book has a Dr, Sarah, who is trying to find a cure for a virus that is killing vampires (yes she’s a vampire). She was turned voluntarily after extreme blood loss after her youngest child was born. She had to leave her children after she started feeding off that child (yeah, gross). She moved across the country an
Crystal
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trying to find a cure for Emilie brings Owens Ex wife Dr. Sarah Edwards back to their home. For Sarah this brings a lot of mixed emotions. She hasn’t been able to see her children since the birth of her youngest child, due to her blood lust of being turned. But she is also a very important scientist who’s help is greatly needed in finding a vaccine to cure the vampires of their deadly disease. She is not sent alone however but sent with a very old vampire for her protection as well as helping he ...more
Jacqueline Ellison
Scarlet is the second book in Shades of Red series and continues right where Crimson left off. Sarah is Owen's ex wife and a vampire/moroi. She is still struggling with blood lust and left her kids for their safety. Karsten is a viking and is assigned to help Sarah deal with her blood lust. He is also her bodyguard wherever she goes. This one takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride from sadness, anger and laughing out loud. ...more
Kathryn
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! Scarlet has lovable characters and an engrossing plot. Beautifully written, I had a hard time putting this book down. This book has an emotional rollarcoaster, from crying to laughing this book will keep hooked.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased, honest review.
Jessica
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scarlet

Fitting and seamless continuation of Crimson. It was intriguing and entertaining with a hint of mystery. I would definitely recommend to others. Mrs. Christianson has well developed characters that are relatable and engaging as humans or Moroi leaving you with just enough questions to drive the series. Cant wait to dig into the next one!!
Jackie Roberts
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an intense paranormal love story about second chances, and missed opportunities.

This was a great heart pounding read. The story was very well written with great characters. The story drew me in and I had it finished in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.

Billie
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful addition to this thrilling series!
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believeable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building that adds so much to the story.
Such a thrilling read that I couldn't put it down.
Can't wait to read more of these.
Recommend reading.
Alison Davis
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and each book just keeps getting better. The story line is so good that you won't want to put it down because you will be hanging onto every word. Definitely looking forward to the next book in the series to find out what is going to happen.
Joleen Grace
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery

It was a little strange reading a vampire book They were so different than the typical vampire. They seem so humanized that sometimes I forgot they were super natural. That being said it been a little different was cool. The kids thing made me sad. I couldn’t imagine!
Chanda Curry
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addicting

Picked up first book for free, thinking why not. Then here I am buying rest of series because I want to see the different romances and stories as Chronos tracks down the Butcher. So yea thanks for writing addictive books!!
Tammy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book. I love Sarah and Karstan! Epic.
This book kept me hooked the entire way through. Couldn’t wait to see what happened next.
This is book 2 in a series.
Jennifer Richey
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is intriguing & dynamic and so much chaos and panoramic but a good read for sure!
Thea Butler
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different than most Vampire books. I really enjoyed this book, can't wait to read book 3. ...more
Samantha Waldow
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in the Shades of Red - Moroi Society. I enjoyed reading this book. It was very intriguing and kept me wanting more. Can't wait to read the next book.

Fantasy and Vampi...: ✫Shades of Red ✫ Kindle Fire giveaway!! 1 9 Nov 07, 2018 03:38PM

• Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • Access (Alex Drake, #1)
  • Skye (Signature Sweethearts, #8)
  • Undeniably His
  • Don't Game Me (The Game Lords #2)
  • Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • Letters to Lincoln
  • Butterfly Ops: Book 3 (Butterfly Ops Trilogy, #3)
  • Master of Games (Gods of Vegas Book 2)
  • Dark McKenna (Shades of Love #1)
  • Don't Go Back (Newland #5)
  • Dark Secrets (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #3)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • One Night With A Witch (Keepers of the Veil #5)
  • Saturn and Her Rings: Sonni's story (Mended Universe, #2)
  • Until Her Smile (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • The Complete Package: The Jake Davis Box Set: The Holiday Package & The Sweetest Package (Jake Davis #1-2)
T.L. lives in Colorado with her husband and two children. She’s a graduate of the University of Colorado in Boulder and an avid outdoorswoman. When she's not outside or working on her latest novel, you'll find her reading, listening to science podcasts, or playing the Sims.

WWW.TLCHRISTIANSON.COM

Shades of Red (4 books)
  • Crimson: Secrets and Lies of a Living Vampire (Shades of Red #1)
  • Ruby, Blood is Thicker Than Water