Start by marking “Life after Death” as Want to Read:
Life after Death

Life after Death

The Childs family faced the unthinkable... now they have a second chance.
~~~
The Childs family has endured a terrible tragedy, but the FBI's shocking discovery has turned their lives upside down.

His kids have all moved on from the death of their mother, as has Isaac from the loss of his wife, but now that the FBI has finally solved the case, the Childs family must face the
ebook
Published November 5th 2018 by Evolved Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Life after Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life after Death

Jessica
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~~
This review will post on my site on 12/27/18
~~~~~
Life After Death is the second and final book in An American Family series that follows the Childs family. I reviewed An American Family previously. Life After Death picks up shortly after An American Family ends. I would recommend having both books to read sequentially, as An American Family ends a bit abruptly and I was ready for more story with the Childs’ family.

Life After Deat
FNM
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Life after Death is the second book in the America family series. It begins nearly straight after the events of the first book and as I started it pretty much as soon as I finished the first read just like a continuation.

From the first book which I reviewed here I had come to sort of expect the way in which the story would be told, there would be mystery, suspense and a lot of focus on the psychology of th
Cheryl Hurzeler
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A master story teller Jackson Baer gives us another amazing tale about the Childs family. There are so many twists and turns it keeps you on the edge waiting for something to jump out of the dark. This family has so many problems it's insane and yet they are always there for each other. You really don't want to miss this one! Great read!
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another amazing story by this author. This story was written so well that you will not want to put this one down. With all the twist and turns woven through this book you won't know whether you are coming or going. This one had much more drama than the first book and all the pain they go through will bring you to your knees. This was an awesome book and I can't wait for more.
Kaila
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
audio review

this was wonderful and creepy in some spots.. very good.. twists and turns.. interesting storylines.. i enjoyed it a lot and am glad i listened.. this narrator does an amazing job with the characters and their personalities.. i loved it

Paula Genereau
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. I fell in love with the storyline and the characters.
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
BRVW
I could not get enough of Life after Death! I was engrossed in this story that I hardly came out of my reading cave. I needed to know what would happen next to The Childs family. Isaac thinks he and his family are ready to move on from previous tragic events. Before they know it, they are spiriling back in the black hole. After several events, I couldn't imagine that the the story could end on a good note. You will have to find out for yourself and see if it does.

The story itself is suspenseful
Jenna
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book .

The first thing to note is that this one isn't nearly as suspenseful as I thought it was going to be based on the first novel. However, it is still well written and it was interesting to see where the author was going to take the family's story next. The first one ends on a cliffhanger, and I feel that this one ties up a lot of those loose ends. At the same, I get the feeling that we received a lot of information that could be built upon for a th
Krista Nelson
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in The American Family series, Life After Death, works through the after-effects of losing a part of life that will never be the same. It entails overcoming deep struggles from within, while also managing to stay sane amongst the twists and turns that life has to offer. Like in his other works, Baer writes with addictive, enticing passion, allowing the reader to easily get lost in the chaotic lives of the Childs family.

Life After Death is a suburb work of fiction. It captures mi
abby.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review
Life After Death is the second book of An American Family. It is about Isaac Childs and his family… I can’t say too much as it would be too much of a spoiler, especially if you readers have not read the first one. This book is definitely more of a drama than the first book. I really feel for the Childs family! Omg! all the tragedy that this family has been through, I can’t even imagine the pain they would’ve all felt.

Life After Death was definitely written so well, I was not disappointed a
Roger
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second read from author Jackson Baer & the final book in An American Family duology was well-written & enjoyable, perhaps even better than the first book. I am so glad I had the I was given an Audible copy of this book & I’m voluntarily reviewing it. Although narrator Dan Carroll’s narration was improved over the first book in the series I remain unimpressed with his vocals, in fact I’d recommend reading the book & not listening to this narrator. (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - ...more
Angela Anderson
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book from the author via Voracious Readers Only, in return for an honest review.
This is the second book about this family and it's fantastic. Isaacs life was complicated, his first wife returned from bring thought dead his new wife and their new lives are about to get turned upside down once again. As for love lives, they are complicated things as you will find when you read your copy of Life after death. So well written it pulls you in and keeps you waiting for the ne
Jocelyne
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the An American Family. This second book is filled with twists and turns, and dramas. The narration is good. Overall, I enjoyed my listening. I received this free review copy audiobook at my request and I have voluntarily left this review.
Kaili Taghon  (Entertainingly Nerdy)
I really enjoyed this book. I felt horrible for the Father and was able to relate to him in a way. Life After Death is fast paced and has a great representation of how a family should be when going through tragedy!
Alison
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of the book from Voracious Readers in return for an honest review.
Although not an author I have read before I was surprised to enjoy I thought the characters were well written and the story flowed easily through the pages. An enjoyable read and I will look forward to reading more from this author.
Barbara George
Extreme

Rich tragic magic excesses. I enjoyed the first book but this one just was just too much of an excess of great love and tragedy and wore me out. The characters are too wonderful and the women's thighs are too thick. But very interesting transition between families.
Steph Warren
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this novel, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

If you thought that Isaac had set land speed records when it came to moving on from the ‘love of his life’ to a new love within months, you will be shocked (or not) when you see how quickly his children are able to change lanes on their relationships as well!

The Childs family are back in this second instalment of their dysfunctional and highly unlucky American dream. I definitely
Trey Stone
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Jackson Paul Baer. Book two in a series, and another magnificent thriller about a family who loses their mother and wife to a serial killer.

This book picks up where the other left off, with Isaac, the father and husband trying to build up a life with his new wife, and his children trying to carry on with their own. It’s about life, love, and the struggle of having lived through a horrible event.

Baer writes how he always has; with passion, clarity, and captivation. Is style
India McLeod Kay
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
SPOILER ALERT: Before I begin, I must warn you that this review will include spoilers as it is impossible to review it without revealing things that come to light at the end of the first book.

You may remember that I posted a review of An American Family by Jackson Baer a couple of weeks ago. Today I give you my review of the second and final book in the series, Life After Death. Just as the first book explored the meaning of family, how it can adapt to different situations and the changing of dy
Buttercupp77
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
The sequel to American Family continues to follow the Childs family - this time, primarily through the eyes of the two children: Carter and Olivia.

I found that this book didn't work as well for me. Once again, Ramie, the victim of a crime from the first novel is left very poorly defined as a character. I think this is to the detriment of the story. In the end, my sense of her his more archetypal than personal, and I think she had potential to be a rich, multi-faceted character, especially to tie
Jessica Marie
My mind is just spinning after finishing this one. So much has happened in the past two years for the Childs family, it is honestly crazy. One thing after another is thrown at each family member, never giving them a chance to breathe. This family drama leaves me at the edge of my seat because I know that there is going to be a twist of events at every chapter.

After this book, I can honestly say that these characters have grown on me in a way that I didn't see coming. All of them are trying their
Calleen Petersen
The second book in the series. I was disappointed as the second book isn’t anywhere near as good as the first. There are way too many coincidences that happen over and over that are completely obvious and extremely unlikely to happen like that in real life. I felt like the kids are just thrown together with the first romantic interest they find. Both rebound relationships yet they are “the one” and they know this the same day they meet them with both of them? The author really stretches credibil ...more
Amanda Beaulieu
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read this book via a promotional copy from Voracious Readers Only.

While the initial book was more gripping, this book allowed you to stop hating the characters as much. The first book was more suspense while this leaned more towards family drama. I felt it got a little repetitive with Carter going to the bar and having a VERY similar interaction with the bartender as Isaac did previously, to the point that I went back to see if the bartender had the same name. The most intense part of the boo
Deedra
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book in the series was not as good as the first.There was much more sadness and chaos.Too much to believe.These people make rash and unbelievable decisions and usually they are horrible.I found none of them likable in this one.,well maybe the babies. Dan Carrolls voices for women remain cringeworthy.It feels as though he is reading to someone with a brain defect. It is all so slow. I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Seth
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the "Life after Death" series. I absolutely loved the first one and although I was a little bias because so much of the story takes place in my hometown, I still stand by my thoughts of how much I loved the story. The first book kind of sets the stage for this book and without the first to build it up, this book might not stand on its own. But the two of them together are simply brilliant. This book takes us from where we left off from the traumatic experiences of the ...more
Stephanie Augustine
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I was provided a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

See full review here: https://booksintheskye.wordpress.com/...

Overall, Life After Death by Jackson Baer was a successful ending to the series. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this book and how the family dealt with the drama. There were a couple of issues I had with the plot but they were easy to look past to truly enjoy this book. I was happy that we were able to follow Olivia and Carter more in this book as they are
Sandy
Dec 20, 2018
Dianna Harris
Aug 27, 2019
Angie
Nov 22, 2018
S B
Nov 13, 2018
I'm a professional thrifter, the father of four children, and an avid runner. I was born and raised in Georgia, and spent time in Oklahoma, California, Connecticut, and then Oregon, as an adult. I'm a graduate of Oregon State University and now reside in North Georgia, raising my family, near family.

My first book, The Earth Bleeds Red, was released in 2013. My second book, The Lights Will Never Fa