Start by marking “I Just Want You To Be Happy” as Want to Read:
I Just Want You To Be Happy

I Just Want You To Be Happy

A ghost story about love, loss and a dying woman's last words to the husband she must leave behind.

Desperate to find a room she can rent, Hazel answers an advert placed by reclusive widower Michael Emery. When she visits Michael's home, Hazel is given a shocking offer: she can live there rent-free, with no bills to pay, provided she agrees to spend one night with him in
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about I Just Want You To Be Happy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Just Want You To Be Happy

Start your review of I Just Want You To Be Happy
Kim
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another page turner by Amy Cross!

I came close to not getting this book because reading a story by Amy can be a bit of a crapshoot. Either it's really good, like this one, it's really bad, like some others. This one is pretty awesome actually. Great buildup of storyline, and it continues to wind up to a very satisfying finish.
My one complaint, which is what I bitch about every time I read one of her books, is the lack of good, solid editing. The misspellings are too many to be random mistakes
Rachel
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid book from Any Cross and the new proof reader is doing a sterling job!
This story is very interesting, a great idea. Not scary or particularly tense - which is a shame as it could have been both - but is entertaining. Some ideas felt a little half finished, it would have been good to know why a particular character did what they did or be given more details about past sinister events.
The main character was well fleshed out, as were many of the others, but at times reactions and
Tina Bailey
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling!

So, true love means what? Does it mean you can never love another? Does it mean if your truest love dies they wait for you? Does it mean you must join them to be happy? This horror story evolves around two people who loved each other beyond anything imaginable, and the outcome is just as horrifying!
John Morris
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent ghost story!

This was a very different Amy Cross. No stomach churning explicit horror, just a very well written, totally absorbing, ghost story. Can love survive death? Can the dead return to control the living? Amy Cross explores both of these questions in this creepy but delicious supernatural tale. Highly recommended!
Josephine gilligan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by any cross

Quite scary a real good old fashioned haunted story really enjoyed it i have read quite a few of amy cross books can recommend this to any ha hunted story fan
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
?Another Amy Creepy zTale

I enjoyed this book. It's a kind of love story with repercussions. A bit of creepiness thrown in for equal measure. I always like how Amy can write different stories she has a great imagination. Well done Any Keep them coming
karen lopp
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tense!

Another enjoyable read by Amy Cross. Started out kind of slow & was a bit unbelievable but, as I kept reading, I just couldn't stop til I was done. Creepy, uncomfortable at times but, in the end, was a fab story about what can happen when you love, and are loved, deeply.
Christine Hope
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fab story

It is a great story and the characters very believable, but the amount of grammatical errors is really off putting that is why I have given a 4 star rating and not a 5
A new proof reader is needed I think.. it's such a shame.
Jane DiGiovanni
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hauntingly good

This is a well written ghost story. The two main characters really come to life. There are a few surprises in the story you won't be expecting. I highly recommend this book.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amy you didn't disappoint again. I loved this book, a strange little story that turned into a bizarre love triangle & ended in tragedy. Literati couldn't put it down as I needed to know what happened next.
Steve J
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic horror novel that actually (unlike a lot these days) wrapped up all the loose ends and actually had a proper ending. Bravo Amy Cross... Bravo!! I need to investigate more of her books now..
Phyllis H. Pajka
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another amazing book by Amy Cross. She know how to write a tale that keeps you interested all the time. This book is a little different than the others I've read but still has the ghost factor. You'll have to read it to know what happens.
Jeanine
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay story.. Not my favorite Amy Cross book.
Nancy J Doyle
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liked

I love Amy Cross books they keep you interested to the end I recommend the book I'm sure you will enjoy as much as I did
Brenda
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
it was okay, another interesting story line by this author
Gmaharriet
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good ghost story and an interesting twist on romance. I think I'd have enjoyed it more if I were a bit younger, but I'm more than 3 times the age of the heroine. It was an enjoyable read.
Teena Renken
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Greg book

A haunting story of love. Very good, with plenty of creepiness.
How far will a woman go to make her husband Truly happy?
Julie Donovan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Crespy

One better book. I loved the main character, and when the twist comes you feel it. Even the editing was good. You will enjoy this.
d.mcnicholas
An eerie love story

This is the first book I've read by Amy Cross and I really enjoyed the story. It had a rather gothic feel to it, which I liked. The spooky atmosphere was quite captivating and drew me in. I was hoping for a different ending but the tragic tale of love lost couldn't end any other way. I'll be looking into more books by this author and hope they're as original as this one.
Lauren Fitch
May 17, 2019
Leanna J Johnson
Feb 15, 2020
Rebecca Pospeschil
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Splendor of Fear
  • Don't Look Back
  • My Pretties
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
  • A Suburban Haunting
  • Shepherd's Warning
  • The Haunting of Bechdel Mansion
  • The Haunting of Abram Mansion: A Riveting Haunted House Mystery
  • The Haunting of Beacon Hill (The Beckoning Dead, 1)
  • Rookwood Asylum: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters (Asylum Series Book 1)
  • In My Father's Basement
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • Something Evil This Way Comes: Haunted House (The Haunting of Briar Park Book 1)
  • Hidden Company
  • Dark Ride
  • Haunted Gathering
  • Ghost Song
  • California Haunting
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum.