Start by marking “The Light Keeper” as Want to Read:
The Light Keeper

The Light Keeper

A young woman stands on the brink of a high cliff overlooking the sea, arms wide open as if to let the wind carry her over. She has run away from home to this wild, beautiful place to make a decision that is, for her, truly a matter of life and death.

Sarah is pursued by Jack, her distraught husband, who is desperate to find her on these hills before it is too late. Will h
Expected publication: August 15th 2019 by Marylebone House

To ask other readers questions about The Light Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light Keeper

Wendy
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Without a doubt The Light Keeper will take you on an emotionally demanding journey over challenging terrain. In fact, my first thoughts while reading this book was just how much anguish was hiding behind its tempting, almost carefree façade of a cover.

But perhaps that’s the whole point. The image people project on the surface may not reflect what truly lies beneath. The characters reach a personal crossroads where they wait alone, that is until the direction they ultimately take has revealed
Seema Rao
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love lost is terrible, but worse when the loss is due to death. This is a very emotional book and could be triggering to some.

This is a lovely, sad book about mental health and suicide. The prose is slow, though, this might be due to the main character’s path towards acceptance of loss. The lighthouse, and the crashing waves below, are a metaphor, in some ways, but also a setting where loss often happens.

I really enjoyed this book, but I was not expecting the heavy tenor when I saw the cover. I
Nicola Short
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Not sure how I feel about this book. I found it a bit disjointed and hard to follow. It is a story about suicide and mental health issues.
It is certainly a very emotional book and I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to where you can handle the heavy, challenging aspects brought forth.
Thank you to NetGallery, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read the arc of “ The Light Keeper.”
Nicola Short
Cole Moreton
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lee Staes
The Light Keeper takes you on an emotional voyage over very difficult terrain. It is a story about suicide and mental health issues and human warmth and pleasure tinged with sadness and emotion. It’s a very intense book, not like anything I have read before. It is certainly a very interesting book but because of the heavy, challenging aspects, I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to appreciate it. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the advance reader copy of this ...more
Andrea
Jo
Emma
Gerard Kelly
Feb 20, 2019
Cole Moreton is a writer and broadcaster exploring who we are and what we believe in. His BBC Radio 4 series The Boy Who Gave His Heart Away won multiple awards including Best Documentary in the BBC Radio Awards, Best Writing at the World’s Best Radio Awards in New York and gold for Audio Moment of the Year at the Arias.

Cole writes for the Mail on Sunday and was named Interviewer of the Year at th