Start by marking “Drawing Mr. Darcy: Sketching His Character (Drawing Mr. Darcy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drawing Mr. Darcy: Sketching His Character (Drawing Mr. Darcy, #1)

Drawing Mr. Darcy: Sketching His Character

( Drawing Mr. Darcy #1)

When Thomas Bennet's childless aunt and uncle ask that one of his five daughters come to stay with them, he knows just which girl to send. Bright, energetic, and endlessly inquisitive, his little Lizzy is poised to become the apple of her father’s eye and the target of her mother’s fears. Neither will promote family harmony.

When she returns to Longbourn as a young woman,
Published November 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Drawing Mr. Darcy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawing Mr. Darcy

Debbie Brown
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff, i-own-it, 2018-jaff
5+ stars!!

Oh, such delectable irony! By the time this story gets to the Meryton assembly, this author has her readers salivating in anticipation of the inevitable meeting between Elizabeth and Darcy.

The book actually begins with Elizabeth at age 10. She is the daughter chosen to go and live with Mr. Bennet's childless aunt Olivia and her husband Phillip Russell. They adopt her, and she becomes Elizabeth Russell.

The Russells are quite wealthy, even bailing out Longbourn financially after Olivia
wosedwew
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere. ~ G.K. Chesterton

What do Fanny Price and Frank Churchill have in common? That’s right – they are sent from their childhood homes and raised by wealthier relatives.

In this story, Elizabeth Bennet joins them in being adopted into a different family.

Mr. Bennet’s Aunt and Uncle Russell have been financially helpful to Mr. Bennet in the past when Longbourn was in dire straits. This loving older couple is childless and has always felt that lo
Joan
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avid Reader

It has been some time since I have read a book that held me spellbound from beginning to end. Elizabeth is amazing, She manages everyone around her with ease, and Jane is no slouch either. The relationship that Elizabeth has with Georgina saved her from Mr. Wickham. Her Uncle Russell gets through Mr. Darcy 's blindness concerning Wickham. He is left nothing in the will. If course, Mr. Collins shows up in the end. Why her mother thinks Elizabeth would want to marry such a man is a puzz
Lynn
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable book

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. The essence of the story is that Elizabeth is set away to live with an older, much richer aunt and uncle when she is ten. Her life is changed greatly by this down to her name as she is known as Elizabe5h Bennet Russel. When she is older she goes back to stay with her Bennet family for several months and is asked to go by Elizabeth Bennet. This sets the story up for some of the happenings from Pride and Prejudice. I am now impatiently wai
Mary
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
A wonderfully written,addictive and surprisingly different perspective on our beloved P and P,one which I highly recommend.
Can't wait to read book two!!
Suzan Lauder
Warning to those who did not read the details about this book: It's not a complete novel, it's the first half of the story. Though it ends in a good place, the story arc is incomplete and the reader won't feel full satiation without reading the second half. The two books are very pricey considering this, more so than other serial books I've read and complained about the price. That's why it took me so long to get to them. I was waiting for a sale, which didn't happen.

The writing is superb. Few R
Teresita
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story

I felt bad for Lizzy in the beginning but I loved the way her life is going so far. She got her sisters back and her love life is heading in the right direction up to now. Can't wait to read the second book of this story!
Elin Eriksen
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I had to describe this book with one word, it would be elegant. It had a sophistication to it, that made it a delightful read. Written with warmth and intellect, highly recommend this book by one of the most talented authors I have come across.

Enters ten years before canon with the ten year old Elizabeth who was the chosen daughter to be sent off North, to some very wealthy but childless relatives. I love these premises with Elizabeth of elevated rank, especially when done in this plausible
Bronwen Chisholm
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

Though I prefer stories completed in one book, this preview intrigued me. I found it difficult to put it down (and must now catch up on the work that should have been done yesterday). The underlying humor throughout the story is wonderful. I actually found it necessary to reach out to the author over one particular line which had me smiling most of the day. In truth, I would give it a 4.5 but only due to editing issues. I am anxiously awaiting part two.
Elizabeth Hossenlopp
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No wonder this book has so many 5 star reviews. It is truly wonderful! I couldn’t put it down. The storyline was skewed slightly but made for amazing, gripping tale. Loved it!
James S
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lizzy spends 10 years growing with relatives

Very enjoyable book. Well written, engaging, lots of new story elements.

If possible you read this without spoilers...it’s that good.

Darcy is still a dunderhead but in his defense he wants to do the right thing(s) for Georgiana.

This Lizzy is very interesting in this story. Her time growing up is fun to read about.

I recommend this book highly.
Susan
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thomas Bennet has received a request from his childless Aunt Olivia. To raise one of his daughters as her own. With the three youngest deemed to be too young and Mrs Bennet refusing to send Jane. That leave Elizabeth to grow up in her wealthy and well-connected relation's home.
Then she returns to Longbourn for a long visit just as the Bingleys and Darcy arrive at Netherfield.
I enjoyed this well-written story a lot. I even actually liked Elizabeth, and enjoyed the portrayal of Jane and Mary. Th
E. Davidson
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Points for originality

For the most part I found the maturing Elizabeth delightful. Her Aunt Olivia also was lively and interesting. I cannot say the same for any of the other character variations or for most of the plot and ending. Those I found alternately tedious and unfinished. Not certain if I will read Book 2.
PJ Jones
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

This was a great retelling of Pride and Prejudice. The new characters were delightful and it was great fun to be along for the ride. I really liked Elizabeth and the other girls of the Bennet family fleshed out. Look forward to Volume 2.
jamila hutchinson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book but...

This was a good story. It's realistic and a page turner. The only thing is that Elizabeth is a self absorbed know it all. That's realistic too.
Michelle
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely

A rather enjoyable and interesting variation of Jane Austen’s classic Pride And Prejudice. Diverges rather widely from canon but is a grand adventure
Katie Nuzman
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Michelle
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best JAFF I've read in a long time.

Original, excellent writing, characters fresh but true. It's ridiculous that I have to write 13 more words when I just want to read the sequel.
Lorie
Jan 02, 2019
Ruth A. Cohan
Dec 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Drawing Mr. Darcy (2 books)
  • Drawing Mr. Darcy: A Faithful Portrait (Drawing Mr. Darcy, #2)