Start by marking “The Breaths We Take (Seasons of Chadham High, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Breaths We Take (Seasons of Chadham High, #3)

The Breaths We Take

(Seasons of Chadham High #3)

It’s 1992, and seventeen-year-old Ben Carpenter has everything all figured out. He’s gay, with a supportive family; he makes decent grades; and in Ted, Hope, and Doris, he’s got three great friends he can always depend on. If he only had a boyfriend, life would be perfect, and he’s working on that.

But things are getting complicated. First, Doris drags him into an ill-fated
ebook
Published November 19th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Breaths We Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breaths We Take

Roberta Blablanski
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is a special place in my heart for stories set in the 1990's, like The Breaths We Take. The characters are in high school during the same time I was, and it was easy to relate to a lot of the themes and culture references of that time.

Ben is such a great character. He's sensitive to other's feelings, caring, and genuine. He's very forthright with what he thinks are his limitations, even if he's off the mark. He has this wonderful instinct on how to handle certain situation, while internal
Sandra
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Breaths We Take follows seventeen-year-old Ben. The story is set in 1992, and well, he really wants a boyfriend. That is at least the first impression we get from him, as he sexualizes every guy he can find as soon as his eyes falls upon them. His organized life turns on its head when his sick grandfather comes and lives with his family.

I don’t really know how to write this, but the story the author is trying to give us here does not reach its potential. I love a cute, fluffy lgbt+ read, wi
Amy Dufera
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it

The Breaths We Take by Huston Piner, is an okay read.

Ben's in high school, the year is 1992, and we get to follow along as Ben deals with wanting a boyfriend, a secret relationship, friend issues, and his grandfather's declining health. In other words, Ben has a lot to deal with and has a lot on his mind.

I enjoyed this story, but it's also a bit choppy in it's writing and it could have used more character development.

That said, I like that age difference between Ben and his eventual boyfriend.
Huston Piner
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: gay-young-adult
As in each volume of my series Seasons of Chadham High , this can be read as a stand-alone story. Be prepared for surprises! Questions will be raised, and unexpected turns will arise. I guarantee this one will leave you smiling. (In my totally biased opinion...)
Tara
Nov 21, 2018
David Erickson
is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2018
Huston Piner always wanted to be a writer but realized from an early age that learning to read would have to take precedence. A voracious reader, he loves nothing more than a well-told story, a glass of red, and music playing in the background. His writings focus on ordinary gay teenagers and young adults struggling with their orientation in the face of cultural prejudice and the evolving influenc ...more

Seasons of Chadham High (3 books)
  • My Life as a Myth (Seasons of Chadham High, #1)
  • Conjoined at the Soul (Seasons of Chadham High, #2)