Start by marking “Captive Desire (Planet of Desire #2)” as Want to Read:
Captive Desire (Planet of Desire #2)

Captive Desire

(Planet of Desire #2)

Gahnin, a Ssedez general, hasn't had a woman since his first mate died a century ago. And since his kind can live for a thousand years, he's still bound by traditional mourning. If he breaks mourning, he could lose his position in the Ssedez military. His friends and family. Everything.

That means no falling in love. No lust. No sex. For another century.

Then he's ordered to
Published November 19th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Scorched)

To ask other readers questions about Captive Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Desire

Start your review of Captive Desire (Planet of Desire #2)
Lydia
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All praise hot aliens and that freaking planet! Desidre is a god-send for us to enjoy this awesome series, and you can't convince me otherwise! I'll fight you, don't try me!

So, remember Gahnin? The Ssedez who had lost his mate? Didn't I tell ya guys he'd find another HEA?! Well, not easily, mind you. Because it seems that his instincts are trying to point him towards Assura, one of the humans that crashed on that lust-crazed planet, and of course he's not too keen about it. Her, too. She'd rathe
Maria Rose
A title like Captive Desire may put you in mind of a 1980s old school romance with a Fabio cover, but this book dates from 2018 and is the the second erotic science fiction story in Robin Lovett’s Planet of Desire series. It’s an opposites attract romance featuring two species previously at war who are stuck on a planet where desire can be deadly. While sex is definitely a big highlight of the book, combine it with some unique world building and intriguing character dilemmas and you’ve got an en ...more
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
I enjoyed book #1 so much that I definitely need to get on the space sex train
Kazen
Jul 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm enjoying turning to this series when my other reading (currently nonfiction for the Booktube Prize) is heavy or otherwise overwhelming. I liked the plot of this book better than the first - it's more cohesive and better paced, with a redemption arc as well as a realization arc of sorts, if that's a thing.

Steamy romance on a sex-positive planet populated by hot aliens, with some action sequences thrown in as icing? Yes, please. Definitely picking up the next book in the series when life once
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an advance reading copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Omg...I'm sold on the whole sexy alien romance obsession that other romance readers have been raving about. Captive Desire was such an addicting book. I couldn't put it down!!

Captive Desire works as a standalone even though it is the second book in the Planet Desire series. I enjoyed this book so much I went right ahead and purchased the first book, Toxic Desire.

If you're in the mood for a super sexy alien rom
Ollie Z Book Minx
CW: torture & malicious sadism (plus that being equated to kink sadism)

Hmmmm. I really liked most of this, especially in the ways that it differs from book one - being a more intensive version of the same thing. Enhanced world building and even hotter sex than the last one. Solid writing.

However, I couldn’t get behind the reformed / regretful torturer storyline, with her former victims convincing her of her awesomeness (vomit), and I’m not remotely ok with the blithe equation of torture and kink
Averie
WOW

this book is 🥵🥵🥵

I absolutly adore this series and am so glad that I decided to continue after loveing book one!!
I don't think that I loved this one more than the first book though.
The military aspect wasn't necessarily my favrotire thing to read about. I also feel like there could have been more development about both of the character's pasts.

(but WOW that "game" scene 😏)
mara0b
Mar 01, 2021 rated it liked it
I read this one last year but somehow forgot to log it in, oops.

Honestly, I don't remember much about it except that I liked it a lil less than books one but it was pretty solid, RL always gets me with some strong emotions and I appreciate that!
Laura Brown
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot, hot, HOT! This book started with a bang, the attraction between Assura and Gahnin palpable from the very start. This enemies to lovers romance is filled twists and turns, and amazing off the charts sex. I love how the author gets the heat across, while also giving the characters depth and emotional growth. Highly recommend.
Lauren loves llamas
I think this is being billed more as erotica than straight romance, though it does have an HEA, so I’m just going to call it a romance. A completely bonkers bananapants romance, but still – I have a particular soft spot for scifi romance, and this really hit the mark, plus it’s got the enemies-to-lovers trope. While this is the second book in the series, it works pretty well as a standalone, as I read it without reading the previous book. The only area I felt a bit out of place with was the rebe ...more
Suzanne
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book. *fans self*

Captive Desire is the second in Robin Lovett's Planet of Desire series of erotic sci-fi romances. Each book stands alone and I can confirm that I really enjoyed this one without having yet read the first, Toxic Desire. The premise is that a ship of rebel humans has been shot down and crash-landed on a sex planet. Yes, there's a toxin in the air that makes everyone need to have sex. Without an antidote, the toxin will eventually kill them.

On the planet are two groups, the Fe
Leigh Kramer
This packed the heat and then some! I'm going to have to read the first book in the series asap but I didn't feel lost not having read it. Captive Desire is erotic sci-fi romance and it kicked off with quite a bang.

Assura and Gahnin cross paths once Assura's ship is shot down by Gahnin's team. Are they drawn to each other because they're on a sex planet or because there's something more? The desidre, the toxin in the air which makes everyone want to have sex, can have deadly consequences if you
Gigi staub
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

That means no falling in love. No lust. No sex. For another century.

Then he's ordered to guard Assura, a human woman and military special operative, on a planet whose atmosphere causes a sexual arousal so fierce,
Debbie Kilburn
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Through a bite

Assura comes out of the jungle almost in a comatose state. Her ship was shot down over a planet that has a weird affect on her. She is so sexually aroused with no relief in sight. There is a cloud over the planet that is called desiras. There is an antidote but it's only temporary. She is put in the care of a ssedez, Gahnin. But humans have tried to eliminate them from history. And believed they were no more. Wrong! Gahnin is living proof that some do exist and hate humans. And he
Elizabeth Neal
Gahnin, a Ssedez general, has been without a woman since his mate died a century before, but, as is the way of his people, he's considered to still be in mourning, despite the fact they can live for a thousand years. If he stops, falls in love, has sex or anything to break his grief, before another century passes, he'll lose his position.

When he's given an assignment, he assumes it'll be pretty easy, except it'll be far from it. His protectee, Assura is human and a military special operative. Th
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2018/11/angelas...

Favorite Quote:

She is everything. She is all there is. Her body is my universe. For now.

I’ve been reading quite a bit of fantasy/urban fantasy/science fiction romance lately. This might sound weird, but when I feel like everything is a total dumpster fire I want stories that completely sweep me away to another world.

Captive Desire is the second book in a series set on a planet where the very atmosphere is an aphrodisiac. The her
Meags
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

As I am currently under the weather, this review is going to be much shorter than I'd like, but release day is coming up and so I want this to be out in the world.

I LOOOVED Toxic Desire, the first book in the Planet of Desire series by Robin Lovett. It was one of those books that had a lot of buzz among the people I follow on Twitter and I decided to check it out on a whim one day, especially since at that time I was still trying to complete my Popsugar 2018 challenge (I've given up on that, y'
Kayla (onthefritz)
Damn this series is so good. 🔥🔥🔥

Following the events of book 1, we have our human heroine who stumbles out of the forest crazed with the lust toxin the foreign planet gives off. The hero is once thought extinct species who hates humans who waged war on them 100 years ago, forcing them to go into hiding. Not only does his kind hate humans, but he personally lost his mate in the war and is half-way through his grieving period.

Oh the ANGST.

These two are drawn together do to the desidre, and there
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
I received this ARC from Netgalley for an honest review. I have not read book 1. But I will ASAP. This book starts off with a bang. High points for real alien with actual alien features. This book has really good world building. I’ve read ALOT of alien romance and this one surprised me ALOT. I enjoyed the adversarial nature of the couples relationship. It can appeal to many different types of readers. This book has the classic trope of dead spouse. I hate those. The dead spouse is hard to live u ...more
Linda Rea
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is actually a love story with beings from other planets and humans. The Ssedez have captured a human ship and Gahnin has been charged to watch over the fragile human Assura who has to be treated. Gahnin hates the humans as they are responsible for his mates death but something about her calls to him. Gahnin has mourned his mate for a century and he still has another to go but the desidre in the air is making Assura impossible to resist. Along with everything else the leader of the Ten Syste ...more
Elizabeth Silver
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, look. Enemies to frenemies who bang to lovers with a dash of sex pollen aliens made them do it? SIGN ME THE HELL UP. This book was hot as hell, but more importantly, really well-written with a solid plot that *needs* all the boning. And what tasty boning it was.

This was my first book in the series, but I didn't feel lost in the slightest. Also, the author pretty much dared me to read this because I was bitching about badly done 1st person POV, and you know what? She knocked the 1st person
Once Upon
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maria Recinos
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok I been dying to read this book. The cover of the first book caught my attention and after that I was a goner, I started stalking Robin LOL, This second book...no words.. I fell in love with Gahnin. The chemistry of the characters is strong, I know it seems that they can't help it, but then you realize how charming and hot the Ssedez are. You are begging them to bite you just one time. I was eager to return to the hot and sexy planet and I want more, perhaps a sexy Fellamana?? Pretty please. 5 ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!
I've received a ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have never read a fantasy erotica before so I decided to dive in and give this a chance. I wasn't too sure what to think of the plot, chapter, etc. but it's overall ok/mediocre (from what I've read up too). Lots of 'fun' times between the characters and if you want to step out of your comfort zone, I definitely suggest giving his a try.
Tammy
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and can be read as a stand-alone. Gahnin lost is mate a century ago and is in mourning. That means no sex for another century when he is sent to guard Assura a human woman on a planet that causes sexual arousal will he save Assura or keep his position within his planet’s military? Fast-paced with lots of twists and turns. Entertaining story with plenty of steam. I liked it.
Only Lovers Book Club
Check out our full book club review on Youtube 💗 If you prefer to listen you can check us out on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. ...more
Brittany
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read!

So loved this book! I read the books in order, and though they are standalone, I did appreciate the background I already had from the previous book! You won't regret reading these books! 😁
Joanna
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing example of fated mates without the hero giving off problematic vibes. It was incredibly hot and erotic and I love an author who isn’t afraid to use the words fuck and cunt.
Hisgirl85
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, sf-romance
4 stars
V. Larkin Anderson
Interesting worldbuilding, nuanced characters, and tons of ridiculously hot sex. If you're looking for a thoroughly enjoyable & easy reading piece of sci-fi erotica, this is your book. ...more

• Duke I'd Like to F...
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Altogether (It's Complicated, #1)
  • When She's Bold (Risdaverse #6)
  • The Naughty List
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love, #1)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • Like Lovers Do (Girls Trip, #2)
  • When She Dances (Risdaverse #5)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Barbarian's Bride (Ice Planet Barbarians #19)
  • The Lord I Left (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #3)
  • Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work, #2)
  • The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)
  • Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club, #0.5)
  • Bottle Rocket (So Over the Holidays #3)
ROBIN LOVETT enjoys writing romance to avoid the more unsavory things in life, like day jobs, housework, and personal demons. To feed her coffee and chocolate addictions, she can frequently be found overdosing on mochas. When not writing with her cat, she’s busy embracing untamable curly hair and adventuring in the outdoors with her husband.

Her sci-fi erotic PLANET OF DESIRE series features a sex

Planet of Desire (4 books)
  • Toxic Desire (Planet of Desire #1)
  • Stolen Desire (Planet of Desire #3)
  • Forbidden Desire (Planet of Desire #4)

News & Interviews