Start by marking “Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)

Shattered Bonds

(Jane Yellowrock #13)

Jane Yellowrock must dig deep and find strength within herself if she is to survive in the latest novel in this New York Times bestselling series.

Jane Yellowrock is a shapeshifting skinwalker, and vampire killer-for-hire, but her last battle with an ancient arcane enemy has brought her low. She seeks retreat in the Appalachian Mountains to grieve the loss of her friends,
Mass Market Paperback, 380 pages
Published October 29th 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Bonds, please sign up.
Carolyn Pihl I was worried as well since I just finished this one yesterday and was thinking it cannot stop here, but then, upon reflection, realised how many…moreI was worried as well since I just finished this one yesterday and was thinking it cannot stop here, but then, upon reflection, realised how many loose ends there still are. So addictive, and this from a 70 year old pensioner in a small village in Sweden!(less)

Start your review of Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
Becky
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved everything by Faith Hunter and this book is no exception. It is a bit different from previous books in that it is a little more centered on Jane and what is going on internally than outside forces. We do get to see some of the other main characters but not too much about them. I don't want to spoil too much but by the end Jane seems to be going in a new and different direction.I feel like this book needed to happen so that all the gang can continue to grow and not become stale. I ...more
Sandy

I used to read a lot of urban fantasy but sort of drifted away for some reason. This is one series I continue to read because of the great characters who stalk, stake & chomp their way through a New Orleans full of vamps, grindylows & skinwalkers. And if the human residents seem a tad nervous….well, perhaps that’s down to being viewed as potential snack food.

At the heart of it all is Jane Yellowrock, a shape shifting skinwalker who made her name as a vamp killer. She’s usually a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
That was effing brutal but damn good!

Mel
Sheyla ✎

The Son of Darkness is coming for Jane. He wants something she has and he won't stop at anything until he gets it.

Dejavu?

Not so much. This is the younger Son of Darkness. There were always two. Yet, he seems to be even more powerful the other SOD.

Usually, this is when Jane gets herself ready to go into battle and helps prepare everyone for it. This time, she's the one that needs help. Jane is dying from magical cancer. A tumor is growing inside of her and nothing seems to be stopping it. She
Steven
Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

Faith, you've done it again! A culmination of so many storylines, this book might have become my favorite in the series. It's got depth and darkness and light and hope and grief and connection. It's got a big bad that's actually pretty damn terrifying. It's got lots of twists and turns. It's got lots of emotion and heart. Most of all, it's got Jane truly recognizing, on a deep soulful level,
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jane’s journey has been a long one, she and the Yellowrock Clan have been through some very dangerous and trying times. Shattered bonds started off a bit dark, in that Jane is not well, she is a little defeated and not even close to being into true fighting form. It seems I’d forgotten a lot of the details from the prior book(s) but Faith Hunter did a great job of peppering in the details I needed to be up to speed.

After becoming the Dark Queen in the prior book Jane pretty much gave up all of
Lisazj1
Thirteen books *and I don't even know how many novellas* and I am still just as hooked as ever on this world and these characters. It was almost 1am when I finished last night, and reading that late when the alarm clock goes off at 4:45am is a bad decision but I couldn't put it down. I was literally glued to the ending. Also as usual.

There is nothing I can say about this series and Jane Yellowrock and Clan that I haven't said before. Jane is still an absolute badass Cherokee skinwalker with a
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I think this is it for me. Hunter’s stilted writing style has always been a difficult read for me; but the storyline has invariably kept my interest. After the disappointment of Dark Queen and the failure of this one to draw me in, though, I've simply lost interest. The magical aspect has gone over the top; and the series has moved in a new direction...and I believe I’m going to have to let this series go.

At least there is still Soulwood...
Margaret
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review originally published at Vampire Book Club and based on a copy provided by the publisher.

When we last saw Jane Yellowrock I was kind of pissed at her. After defeating the European vampires and suffering significant losses, Jane abandons her found family and the vampires she’s supposed to protect so she can die alone in the mountains from magical cancer. But now Clan Yellowrock has regrouped, setting up shop in an Appalachian winery while they search for a cure for Jane.

But that search gets
Beth
Fan-freakin-tastic!!! I can't wait to see where Hunter takes us next but first...

This amazing addition to the Jane Yellowrock series brings Jane face to face with everything she was destined to be while she struggles to survive the havoc time walking has caused on her body.

Her friends come to rally around her but an ancient evil, the original most evil that started vampirism has left Europe to take on Jane and her friends.

What can I say, this was a single sitting read. From the moment I picked
Judi S.
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I suppose I should start by saying I'm a long time fan of Faith Hunter and Jane Yellowrock, so this will be full of fangirling. I will not apologize for that. She completely deserves it.

One thing Faith Hunter does that is so very difficult for authors to get right, is she engages you immediately in her books. I don't think I've had a problem getting involved in one of her books since Skinwalker, which, being the first is often the case so I don't worry too much about it when it's at that point.
Donna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Bonds is a gut-wrenching, blood curdling, high speed adventure that will leave you gasping. Jane is fighting bad guys, time and her own body. She doesn’t have time for everything she needs to do. This is an emotional roller-coaster ride from the first page to the last, I LOVED IT!

Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Holy crap! The depth and richness of Shattered Bonds is amazing. I've long been a fan of the Jane Yellowrock series. I loved this and was totally engrossed even when exhausted. I highly recommend this book and the series, which does need to be read in order (like most urban fantasy). I had some feelings about not liking how out
Thomas
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
A powerful installment of the Jane Yellowrock series. There was a lot of emotion in this one and a sense of closure. An enemy that seemed to be coming for a long time is confronted and great changes take place. You get a sense that Jane will be heading in a new direction after this.

It’ll be interesting to see where Faith Hunter decides to take us next.
Shannon
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! So much. Do we really have to wait for the next one?! ...more
Douglas Meeks
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, read everyone of them and pretty sure every short story, novella plus the novels but recently the multitude of plots is mind blowing. In this one we still have Jane trying to get cured, trying to kill an unkillable bad guy, trying to keep a romance alive, trying to keep a multitude of PEOPLE alive, and can't figure out if this "Dark Queen" thing is going to be a good fit since she seems to be unable to shed the responsibility.

I can't really write a long winded review of this
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Long-Anticipated Stars

Spoiler-Free Review to my best abilities.

After how Dark Queen left readers up in the air as to what happened to a beloved character and as to how Jane was handling her new situation, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Shattered Bonds. Seriously, I was pestery and stalking a release date, so eager to see what happens next.

It goes without saying, Shattered Bonds cannot be read as a standalone or out
Darcy
Ian
At the end of Dark Queen Jane left New Orleans riddled with cancer and dying. As her human body was dying she was spending more and more time in beast form, the mountain lion she shares both body and soul with.

But even as she faces death, the troubles of the world continue. A new menacing threat has arrived and is attacking her people. And even though she can barely walk she must fight to protect those she loves.

Shattered Bonds is great. With any long-running series you will get hits and
Shelley
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Shattered Bonds, by author Faith Hunter, is the Thirteenth installment in the authors Jane Yellowrock series. Jane is in a state of stasis as the story opens. She's abdicated all of her responsibilities of being the Dark Queen and Emperor of the Eurovamps. She's made no moves to take any territory or created her own army. She's told Edmund and Gregoire to take care of anything that might come up. After all, Jane's human body is
Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary
Oh my freakin' gosh, I never want this series to end!

Faith Hunter is simply a genius of an author. I was so mesmerized with this book that I reached the end without even realizing I was anywhere near it. And, as always, Khristine Hvam is a master at narration.

I will continue to recommend this amazing series more than other I've read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Buy this book now. Read it now! Shattered Bonds takes place a bit after the Dark Queen. For those who have not read the Dark Queen, read that book first. This is not a standalone book. Reading the series in the order it was written will give the best experience. Shattered Bonds is a story about finding all the broken pieces and somehow putting all back together. In the last book, Dark Queen, a pivotal event occurred which shattered this dedicated reader. My heart stopped as the unbelieve ...more
Linda
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

After the disappointment of the previous book, I was hesitant to read this one. Diving in, I found my fears both well-founded...and not.

This book suffered from the same meandering navel-gazing as the last one, with a lot of pondering, anticipation, and little action. Once again, Jane was mostly passive, reacting to circumstances (often in a seat-of-the-pants manner) rather than being proactive. It was convenient that her enemies gave her a lot of down time to consider the possibilities
Lisa Miller
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely the best follow-up to Dark Queen Ms. Hunter could have possibly written. Shattered Bonds answers all the questions the last book left unanswered (except one). I was so moved, as usual, by Faith's vivid descriptions and her detailed depiction of Jane and her clan's emotional journey. Of course, also as usual, the action scenes are beautifully written. Sometimes, I swear I can feel each hit. I'm always so impressed by how well each relationship between characters has been ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
One thing about this book after reading several subpar paranormal books is that the storyline was well thought out without holes. Also, no graphic sex scenes (gratuitous or not). Wasn’t needed at all.

My only problem with this series as a hole is that I’m not a Jane or Beast fan. Which goes to show as a loyal reader of this series as I am, I don’t need to like the main characters. I’m a fan of the world building and interesting plot lines.

I’m also not a fan of Bruiser. And maybe I could have
Marion Over
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly good book.
Suz
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy

I started reading this one, got to about 52% and then finished by listening to the audio.

I loved this entry in the series. So very much happened. It also felt like a transition book and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jane's world changes going forward.

I don't want to wait a year for the next one! :D
Nona
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the book I was waiting for...

Absolutely love Jane Yellowrock & the boys. Not so thrilled with this latest edition.
Too wordy, too slow, too descriptive, and at times too cutesy.
The first chapter and the final chapter are true Faith Hunter, but the bits in between explain way too much and move at a turtle pace. Jane/Beast ponder incessantly. Ruminate. It often seems more important for us to know about clothing and food and layers of vamp lineage than chewing on the meat of the story. I
Minx
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Bonds is a thrilling story that’s filled with action, suspense, and it was also intensely gripping! Throughout this series, the one thing Jane Yellowrock has never been was weak or helpless but in Shattered Bonds, that feeling and sense had become an everyday occurrence for Jane. Even though she had decided in the previous book, Dark Queen, that she was going to enjoy her remaining days by herself, there was no way that her friends or family were going to accept her decision. If she ...more
Melindeeloo
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not everything about this made sense, but Jane was not herself here so that might have been part of the reason why. Still it was enjoyable and left me wanting the next one. I did this in audio and I just realized that I enjoy Beast a lot more this way - in print her parts irked me, but then again her character has developed over the course of the series too, so that helps as well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Spoilers and predictions 9 21 Nov 09, 2019 08:21AM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Nov 2019 - tie] "Shattered Bonds" Discussion 3 22 Nov 08, 2019 03:20PM

• Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Badlands Witch (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • The Shadow Court (Wilde Justice, #4)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Caged (Blood Trails Book 6)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)
Faith Hunter's Junkyard Cats novella series is brand new, with book one available only in Audible at this time.

Faith's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal police procedural /para-thriller series

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)