Start by marking “Strip Search (Tap That #2)” as Want to Read:
Strip Search (Tap That #2)

Strip Search

(Tap That #2)

An introverted rich girl.
A stripper cop.
And a live-streaming kiss that threatens both their careers.

Cop Axl Moore is pretending to be a stripper for charity. But the cute blonde pulled up on stage seems to think he is the real deal.

When Leighton, director for the reality show Wedding Crashers, gets stopped by a cop she swears is actually a stripper
Published October 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Strip Search, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strip Search

Start your review of Strip Search (Tap That #2)
Mehsi
I received this book from InkSlingerPR for an honest review.

Eep, I participated in the Release Day Blitz for this book (and the other book in the series) and was superduper delighted when I got a mail asking if I would also like to review the book. Hell yes! A cop who strips one day in the year, a girl who works for a reality show, romance, hilarious situations, what more could I want?

Meet our two MC's, Axl and Leighton. Leighton is from California and the first time she meets Axl i
Char Davis
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is a sexy funny romance story. When Leighton Can Buren got a phone call from her boss saying she had to step up her game or be fired .She's in a small town called Beaver Bend,Minnesota. When she got to the bar to meet the bride Winnie Schartz .Leighton was expecting a biker bar not a neighborhood bar that was having women's night and when she walked in her mouth dropped open.There were four gorgeous men stripping on stage bumping and grinding.There was a hockey player, a business man,a mech ...more
Ballerina60
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dear EM: Fire your editor. I cannot remember the last time I read a book with SO many errors in it. Honestly, it made me angry! EM does not deserve this level of disinterest from an editor. EM, get Nora's editor or Nalini's editor or Mary's editor! Any of them would be thrilled to have you! So, she drops her phone, and she notices that the screen has not been damaged, and she puts it in her purse. Obviously, there was a slight plot change and this scene was no longer needed, but her editor forgo ...more
Viper Spaulding
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy fake engagement romance!

Axl meets Leighton at the second annual charity strip show he participates in, and instantly recognizes her as a kindred spirit. When he pulls her over for speeding and she acts like she thinks he's not really a cop, things really start to get interesting. Soon they're both having to pretend to be engaged to protect their own jobs, while their simmering chemistry and growing emotional attachment make it hard to focus on the pretend aspect of the
Ree
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A year after their first charity strip show, the gang gets back together to put on a new show.

Axl is a quieter, more observant member of the group, and his interest is piqued when a beautiful, curvy non-local shows up and reconstructs his every thought about relationships, timing and love.

Leighton Van Buren is not used to men finding her beautiful until Axl Moore looks at her like he's hungry and she's the meal.

I liked that the author didn't totally follow the
Carol 27
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Tap That series and features characters we first met in Stripped Down. Axl is content with his single lifestyle – he’s a loner, but not lonely. Leighton, as the unassuming Creative Director for a reality TV show, struggles with being in the limelight. Life suddenly becomes complicated for them both when they find themselves in a fake engagement to save their jobs because of one steamy kiss that was caught on camera. As they go through the motions of planning their ...more
Debra Richardson
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely fantastic well written and emotionally deep romance! The storyline is flawless, funny, witty, and very interesting. The story flows smoothly and moves along at a brisk pace with some ups and downs, intrigue, and a mix of emotion on every page. The chemistry between Axl and Leighton is intense and their sex scenes are well-written and HOT! This book met all of my expectations and then some! From start to finish I was held captivated with the overall quality, the wonderful story line ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
If I have ever claimed to loved one of Erins books this much before, I was definitely wrong. Strip Search is without a doubt my favorite book from Erin, it was fun, it was sweet, it was a little complicated, but most of all it felt real. I was instantly sucked in and I didn't want to leave, not even when the book was over.

Axl and Leighton couldn't be more different, Axl is a cop who strips and Leighton is working on a reality show. These two opposites couldn't be more perfect for one another an
Jimnlori
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm loving this series by Erin McCarthy! Strip Search is Axl and Leighton's love story.
Little did they know that their can't keep their hands off each other kiss was going to be splashed all over the internet, but when it does it threatens both of their jobs so they try to take care of it with a fake engagement.
However they both soon realize that fake has nothing to do with it. They no longer want to play at this relationship instead they want the real thing.

I was given an ARC from the author
Shannon Ferguson
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! Axl and Leighton were hot, sexy, and perfect together. I completely adored Leighton’s character. She had me cracking up with her mishaps, especially a certain scene where she’s pulled over by a certain cop. Axl is kick butt, but more on the reserved side than his “stripping” crew.

I enjoyed catching up with all the secondary characters we met in book one, and can’t wait to see who’s story we get next!

If you are looking for a sexy, well written story that you will d
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They are as different as night and day and yet they work Axl is at a charity pretending to be a stripper and she is a reality show director. Things get out of hand when she is stopped by said stripper and is caught kissing him. There is never a dull spot in this story that will keep you caught up until the last page. I loved this story!

Karen
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It had lots of humor, fun sexy times, and real issues. I liked how the heroine had flaws and embraced them. She wasn't seen as perfect, however she was perfect for Axl.

Axl is a small town cop and enjoys his solitude. He never expected to run into Leighton and end up marrying her after a week and being on a tv show. Is this real life??

A great read, with great characters, and an enjoyable story line.
Sherry Westendorf
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book. I will be reading more of her books. She does a reality show. He is an ex military cop. Her show falls through at the same time he stops her. And then the fun begins. Things really go wild from there. It is exciting, fun, hot, emotional and so much more. I received a review copy from booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Ashleigh
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a HOT, OTT, Super FUN read? You will not go wrong with this book. An intense emotional and SEXY storyline that grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and on edge throughout the whole book. The overall mood in this book was light-hearted with tons of funny banter.

Barbara
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It has been quite some time since I have read any books by this author, for years I use to buy her paperbacks. When I saw this book I thought why not and am I glad I did, I now want the first book in this series. This book had me smiling as I read Axl and Leighton's story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Melanie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh at times it was so good. It is a good book with wonderful characters. I hated to see it end. Now I am anxious to read the first book in the series and then the rest of the series when it comes out. A new author for me to enjoy.

poppy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ng
I just loved this book it is the second book in the series and is even better than the first one. I just loved Axl and Leighton, he is a cop that strips and she works on a reality show even though these two are complete opposites they are just perfect for each other. This was a really fun yet sweet read and I loved it
Mary
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this new story in the "Tap That" series! I enjoyed this fun story! It's a charming story with great characters! I loved Axl and Leighton!! What great chemistry, passion and situations. A video leads them to fake and then to real. What a journey!
Leann McKay
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The laughs the feels the OMG moments!

This book is AMAZING! I literally laughed out loud more than once while falling in love with Axl and Leighton! A stand alone with a HEA and A MUST read! I hate I have to wait until Jan for the next book;(
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAH!! This series is amazing! This is the second book in the Tap That series but can be read as a stand-alone. Erin McCarthy has a way of bringing these amazing characters to life and I love it! So much heart and love *and lots of steam*!! FIVE STARS!!
Alexis
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Strip Search! It was absolutely amazing from page one! Erin McCarthy never fails to deliver a book that will draw you in.

Moonreader62
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A captivating emotional romantic comedy story. Amazing entertaining characters. It is well-written, I enjoyed reading. It was a pleasure to review.
Amy Miller
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun & flirty story. I liked the storyline and the characters. Definitely will be reading more from the author!
Marijayne Stegman
Great book but lots of grammatical & word issues

Great book but lots of grammatical & word issues. Lots of times words were wrong or in the wrong order. Not usual for this author.
Geraldine Streit
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thé characters of this story are great, somehow typical but not a complet stereotype. It’s a nice read.

Karen Lovvorn
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick fab read that’s humorous & just fun! I’m going to read the series!
Erin Mcmahon
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! This is the second book in the series and it starts off a year after book 1 ends the boys are back to stripping for best cancer and Kendra again.
This time Axl is looking for love well not really everyone thinks he needs to settle down but he wants to live out the single life and be alone.
An ex solder turned cop has seen to much and set in his own ways.
Leighton comes to town to shoot a episode of her reality tv show and it dosent go according to plan. She ha
CutieMilkie
Dec 26, 2018
Limi
Nov 01, 2018
Valentina
rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Tap That (3 books)
  • Stripped Down (Tap That #1)
  • Strip Tease (Tap That Book 3)