Start by marking “Bearly Married (Shift, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bearly Married (Shift, #0.5)

Bearly Married

(Shift)

Love is a great reason to marry someone, but so is desperation.

Alexandre Thibault needs to marry an heiress: his clan’s finances are decimated, and his cousin is challenging him for leadership. He has even found the perfect woman—a pure-blood bear shifter with a hefty dowry—though he never expected the attraction between them.

Christine Bergeron will do anything to escape

To ask other readers questions about Bearly Married, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bearly Married

Maraia
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first paranormal romance novel that I genuinely enjoyed and didn't make me cringe! I'm looking forward to more.
Jolie Vines
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bear with me while I tell you just how great this novella is. Sorry, couldn't avoid the pun because the hero and heroine of this awesome story are black bear shifters! A very important point as, in fact, Christine is one of the last pure blood black bear shifters around. Alexandre, a tall, dark, and handsome, and somewhat serious man, needs a wife, otherwise his cousin has good grounds to challenge his leadership of their clan.

But when Alexandre meets Christine, he can't believe his luck. Not on
Anne - Books of My Heart
I really liked this prequel. You had me at MATH.

It did a nice job of defining characters and setting up the world. The characters felt authentic. I'll be interested to see where the series goes from here. I don't read very much PNR these days but I'm looking forward to the next one.
Marsha Spohn
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

“Bearly Married” is the prequel to Zoe Ashwood’s Shift series… and it introduces us to an intriguing world filled with interesting characters, dangerous situations, family strife and a couple that is believable, even relatable from the very start. On a side note, “Bearly Married” is only available (at the time of this review) through Ms. Ashwood’s website … so head to Zoe Ashwood (dot) com to get more details on that. “Trust the Wolf”, the first novel in this series is a
Kel
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pub-indie
I liked it! Enjoyable paranormal romance novella. You know how you later regret clicking on some freebies? This isn't that. This was a good freebie I was glad I clicked on. :) I felt like it was the right length for this couple's story, and I'm looking forward to Ashwood's first full-length novel in this series.
Laney Kaye
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fast, fun, action-packed read. This is a really promising start (though the story is complete, don't worry, no cliff hanger!) to a new series. Sexy, fun and fresh, I read it in one sitting-well, one treadmill session.
Lots of interesting side characters that would make for their own great stories, and hints at a bigger storyline that may be developed?
Anya Cosgrove
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Novella! Well-written, well-paced with fun, strong characters that aren't afraid to show their vulnerability too. A very believable, sweet and HOT take on the arranged marriage trope! Pick it up now!
Michi
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This cute and saucy prequel novella from indie writer Zoe Ashwood has me hooked from page 1. The pacing was perfect, the characters endearing and the plot unique and addicting. I look forward to reading more in the series!
Siansreadingadventure
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bearly Married by Zoe Ashwood
Shift #0.5

I loved this book. I haven’t read as many paranormal books as I would have liked this years and but I’m really glad i read this. This is a prequel in Zoe’s shift series and after reading this book I can’t wait to dive in to the next book. Alexandre and Christine’s story starts off as a girl who wants out of her bad family life and a guys who will do anything to help his clan after his sister went missing even if that mean marrying someone he doesn’t know. A
Laura Johnston
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very cute romance. it starts out as a marriage of convenience but turns nto a forever type of love. Deals with abuse and kiddnapping. I enjoyed this story very much and recommend it. You won't be disappointed. I received this arc and volunteered to review it.
Juanita E. Arp
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good 👍book, tells of a couple marrying for the good of their families. Tells how they find love together. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Grace Kathleen
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't typically go for this genre, but I got a free copy when I signed up for Zoe's newsletter and I thought why not give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised by this book, and I'm interested to read more by the author!

I have to admit, I'm trash for the 'arranged marriage' trope, and I loved the levels of consent that were still present in this book. I thought the two characters had a really healthy relationship, and even though it was a paranormal erotica, there was none of that overly-macho a
Diane
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YES
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "BEARLY MARRIED" This a very interesting, entertaing, drama filled storyline so well written it had you turning page after page of this intriguing prequel. Alexander Thibault's cousin is challenging him to be leader of the Clan these are black bear shifters and in dire need of funds. Christine Bergeron is a pure blood black bear and gorgeous she having problems with her family so when Alexander asks her to marry him she agrees to get away. This is a captivating s ...more
Rebecca
Cheri Tipler
Jan 20, 2019
Erin Figueiredo
Jan 21, 2019
Zoe Ashwood is a romance writer with a passion for sweet stories with a sexy twist. She's in love with the art of making up stories - and making her characters fall in love.

For news about book releases and exclusive freebies and giveaways, join her newsletter !

You can also find her on: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest.

Shift (3 books)
  • Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)
  • Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)
  • Make Him Howl (Shift #3)