Start by marking “Heavy Equipment (Trust Fund Duet, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Heavy Equipment (Trust Fund Duet, #2.5)

Heavy Equipment (Trust Fund Duet, #2.5)

I've been raised as the good, obedient daughter, but I never expected to be sold to pay my father's debts. Cold. Rough. Merciless. The foreman of the construction crew is going to make me pay every last cent.

Author's Note: The hero is Asher Cook, the construction foreman from Survival of the Richest, though this is not part of the series and can be heard as a standalone.
Published November 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Heavy Equipment, please sign up.

Kylie The Bookaholick
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was giving the opportunity to beta read this story early.
This novella is spin off from the Trust Fund Duet and it does not fall short. Skye Warren sure knows how to pack a full sexy, panty dropping, story in this novella. Heavy Equipment hits heavy straight outta the gate, leaving nothing left to chance. Asher Cook is the construction foreman we met while Harper was trying to save the historical library. A commanding man who knows what he wants and has no issue with telling you how it is going
Dar
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a deliciously decadent 'sold for a debt read'! Asher and June waste no time on formalities, as the heat sizzles between them. We get their dirty, sexy, moments, and that inevitable HEA, as the emotions catch up with them. A quickread with a high handed, and completely possessive leading male - yes please!
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 TASTY TREAT STARS!! This story is a quick delicious tasty treat right from the start. Asher and June's story is the perfect pick me up, just enough to get you started for another Skye Warren story. Looking for a quick novella, here you go.
Katlyn’s Life of Books
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever since meeting Asher in The Trust Fund duet, Survival of the Richest and The Evolution of Man, I have been dying to get my hands on his story! I fell in love with him in that series and Heavy Equipment made me love him even more. This novella was jammed pack with hot and heavy scenes between Asher and June Li that had just the right amount of darkness thrown in. Even though we briefly meet Asher as the foreman in The Trust Fund duet, you don’t have to read them to enjoy Heavy Equipment which ...more
Babel
Intensely erotic and beautifully crafted. This little treat will appeal to your dark and naughty side.

A brutal man presys on a defenseless beauty whose father is indebted to him. What a frightfully delicious scenario this is, but only because we hope there is love at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise :-(

In this case, the sensuality overpowers the imposition. The girl likes it all too much and takes pleasurable part in every step of her captivity, so that his harsh behaviour makes it less crimina
Paramita's Bookshelf
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A scorching hot and forbidden story from Skye Warren. You get to experience everything Skye Warren excels in writing. The mind games. The delicious passion which is so dark and so good! I wanted the story to keep on going so that I can see more of the dirty deviant world of Asher and June.
A dangerously sexy story from Skye Warren!
Arrogant construction worker and foreman Asher is dominant, rough and sexy as hell. June Li is the innocent little Princess who is forced to get in the clutch of the b
Rochelle
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great listen from the Read Me Romance podcast.
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I need more Skye Warren ASAP!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Hot, sexy, fun, and just pure FIRE!! How have I been sleeping so long on Skye Warren? I am about to find some time for this author!!

This specific video review will be included in the November 2018 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
Holy Hotness! Heavy Equipment had me having to turn the AC on in the car in Virginia in December. 🔥🔥🔥
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic dirty quickie - an awesome stand-alone novella. Asher and June-Li are an explosive match. Dubious consent turns into happy ownership and I would have loved more of these two. Really enjoyed this one.

I received an arc of this book.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Heavy Equipment by Skye Warren is book 2.5 in the Trust Fund Duet. This is the story of Asher Cook and June Li. Asher Cook, the construction foreman from Survival of the Richest but this can be a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Asher has a way about him that makes you weak even when he is being heavy handed which happens a lot with June. June is the innocent sacrifice that goes toward paying off her father's debts. Asher takes what he wants and he goes to get it...leads him to June.
This w
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Heavy Equipment was a dark and sexy ownership type novel that was just pure Skye Warren goodness. It was sexy and brought all the delicious feelings that only this author can bring. Asher and June were sexy and addicting and I loved every word.

I loved this story and the ownership/dub con angle. It was dark and erotic and left me wanting more. I wish it was longer and we got more of these two but this was a satisfying quickie! Bravo! 4 stars! ~Ratula
Jessica Frances
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this book wasn't really my thing and I didn't like it, I thought the narrator did a great job. And I love listening to the Read Me Romance ladies. I have the biggest grin on my face whenever they're talking. Four stars for the narrator, and because Skye is an excellent writer. I hope she finds more readers with this podcast who enjoy her style.
Dec 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
You can listen to this audiobook for free via the Read Me Romance Podcast
Michelle Gambardella
Nov 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
#DNF Listened to the first two installments on the Read Me Romance podcast. The first two stores by Tessa Bailey and Alexa Riley were cute and fun... this one is disgusting. I'm not against a dirty book but I am totally against the premise behind Sky Warren's story. The hero is vulgar and filthy in a disturbing makes my skin scrawl kid of way. Definitely not the type of "hero" i would ever be interested in. The narration was horrible as well.
Avidez Literaria
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
“I close my eyes, because I know it’s true. Because he means to humiliate me with the act. Because it’s working. This is how it will be with us—pleasure and embarrassment, intensity and shame. And I have no choice, because I’m the good daughter. I do what I’m told, even if the man in charge of me is no longer my father.”

June Li can not imagine that her life is about to change drastically. Negotiated by her father as payment for a debt, Asher Cook arrives in a night to claim his property. A Chine
Badh
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a super quick, super dirty little novella written by Skye Warren. It is a spinoff from the Trust Fund world, so I'm hoping we'll run into some old buddies, since Skye Warren has a way of making that happen.

June has always been the proper, dutiful daughter. Asher knows what he wants, and what he wants is June, and he finally has the leverage to get her. Her father owes him money, and June is now the payment.

June had absolutely no clue what she was getting into, and Asher is perfectly aw
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5 stars. This book was another audiobook through the Read Me Romance podcast. This is June and Asher's story. Asher, a construction foreman, has bought June, a wealthy and sheltered young girl, from her wealthy father who has run into financial ruin. I enjoyed this book, but I did feel like it was more of just a taste of a book and not a full story. There were too many questions and plot threads left hanging at the end to make me feel fully satisfied. Still, it was an entertaining book. I just ...more
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
3.5 super hooottttt, dirty and sexy stars.

Another good audio romance released on read me romance podcast. Didn’t feel too connected to the characters but they are all kinds of sexy and pure hotness. But not too much more than that. With short novellas it’s hard to connect to characters but it can be done. Still enjoyed the story and the narrator did a great job of enticing us and making it sexy.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
June Li's perfect life is about to change in ways she could never imagine all starting with having to pay off her daddy's debt to sexy bad man, Asher Cook.

This was a short and steamy read that left me panting and wanting so much more!!
Erin
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, novellas, audio-book
This was definitely steamy... just lacked the storyline and meat I need, even in my novellas.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I really enjoyed listening to this super short, SUPER hot story during my commute this week! Awesome narration. I will definitely be checking out more of this author’s books.
-4.5 Stars!-
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Heavy Equipment is erotically charged; it will appeal to readers who prefer a headier romance featuring an unapologetically commanding hero and innocent, demure heroine. Despite being a novella, this short story carries an overwhelming amount of sensuality that overpowers everything else.

It is dark and dirty; filthy and wicked—a very good, quick erotic read.

I listened to this for free via Read Me Romance *

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Lita Thomas
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heavy Equipment by Skye Warren is a short story of a young lady who has been sheltered by her father. Getting dressed for a gala she is interrupted by a disturbance downstairs. When she goes down stairs to find out what's going on she learns her father has sold her to clear his debt. She is shocked but true to her culture she is a dutiful daughter and accept her plight. The guy is rough and she can't see how he has any money. He is there to collect on his debt. What she doesn't know is he has ha ...more
Lindap
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25 / 3 Stars

A father that'a in debt and can't maintain his lifestyle. The daughter who pays the price. A construction foreman that's done very well for himself. As with all novellas the story has to move along quickly to achieve it's HEA. I think what got a little old, for me, was the overuse of her self proclaimed view of being her father's "Good Girl". Yes, I get it...she was an obedient child, didn't make waves and did as her father told her. However, I still got tired of the use of those 2
Anne Milne
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heavy Equipment is a hot and heavy sensual novella it's a quick read but so good.

Asher and June Li meet under unusual circumstances basically he's bought her to pay off her fstgere debts. It can be seen as a taboo read but June is very willing to learn from Asher. This was a fun naughty read that I really enjoyed.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Shelves: audio
Well damn, that's how you write a short novella. 4.5 shiny stars. Hot and raunchy in the best damn way.

I've never read a book by this author before, but I will in the future.

This book was a short book, but it satisfied on all levels. BRAVO.

Though I will admit a shaky start for me. The sentences in the beginning were a bit choppy and had me worried that the writing wouldn't live up. Also, the reason why she gave in too easily to him came a bit late for me. I would have liked some indication when
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heavy Equipment is a searing hot, erotic, short story which will have you hooked from beginning to end. This is Asher and June's story and these two burned up the pages of this novella. What starts out as dubious consent turns into a HEA ending. I enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to those looking for a smutty quick read.
Jenn
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one was another bust for me. I listened and tried to like it but I couldn't. Seemed like some parts were left out. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

I don't think I'm gonna continue listening to these podcasts. I'm not enjoying the books and the authors are too chatty for my liking. But I wish them the best with the podcast.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »