Start by marking “Shadow (Boys of Brighton #9)” as Want to Read:
Shadow (Boys of Brighton #9)

Shadow

(Boys of Brighton #9)

THE MOST DIFFICULT THING TO DO…

Imagine knowing your family hates you and has no problem sending you away to be abused – to die alone. Randy Reynolds was living that reality until he was saved by a man called Shadow. What Randy learned about himself and the people who were supposed to love him was nothing short of horrific. What he found with the Sentinels and Shadow was
Published October 24th 2018 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow

Start your review of Shadow (Boys of Brighton #9)
Shannon  M. Williams
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shadow’s Story is Finally Told
In M. Tasia’s “Shadow,” the ninth installment in the Boys of Brighton series of super-sexy M/M romance novellas, fans finally get the title character’s back story, and we fall completely in love with him (if we hadn’t already in any of his previous appearances). Jake “Shadow” Kennedy is an insanely hot, gorgeous, former Marine who works for the Sentinel security firm that has been an integral part of the series from the beginning. Shadow is used to going unnoticed -
Faye K
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, less-150-pages
A great start to the story for this one but it does have horrible scene for Randy. Randy doesn't trust Shadow at first when he's trying to help him escape but he has no option. A time jump of 2 weeks at 35% lost some of the story for me. The story goes into another angle with Randy's other ability when he was captive (I wont say since its a huge spoiler) Also I didn't get why they waited so long to get into action so to speck with the baddies. Randy is a strong person because of what he went thr ...more
Kaila
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this series has been amazing.. so many ups and downs.. so many hard times and love.. so much angst and happiness.. shadow and randy made me wonder at times.. i wasnt sure if theyd end up together or not haha.. so many times i thought about screaming at the characters.. it was wonderful
Karolina Cebula
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Randy is strong in spirit, his body though is a completely different story, so when he is saved from the conversion camp by Shadow, he is not in the best shape. He went through hell on Earth, so trusting anyone is difficult for him, but his savior is ready to earn this privilege. Shadow lives in a shadow of his dramatic, painful past that has affected his life and made him who he is now. However, he is willing to change for Randy, but first he must ensure that this young man is finally safe so h ...more
Becca
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok first and foremost, TRIGGERS, TRIGGERS, TRIGGERS. This book deals with PTSD, survivor’s guilt, conversion therapy, abuse, beatings and so much more. The book has some very dark points, so please be aware.
As much as there are bad point that cause the triggers that I mentioned, this book is pretty much taken over as my favorite. Although, the rest fall in a close second lol. If you have read these in order, which I STRONGLY recommend you do, then you will know in Grady’s story, he has a brother
Georgette B
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
Ok...this was my least favorite of the series. I was hoping to love it since I enjoyed Grady so much, but this was a let down.

The story was very rushed and had a lot of holes. Forgotten brother with the eidetic memory, sold to a crooked organization of conversion therapists. Because of his skill, he was made to keep the books for the overlord. It felt like Shawshank Redemption meets Charlie’s Angels meets hand maids tale. Disjointed storyline that feels like an afterthought. We heard so much abo
C.B.
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Down, but never out! Jake/Shadow drags a hummer sized piece of baggage in his life. He suffered a loss for which he blamed himself. The burden shrouds him in grief and horror. He is emotionally broken, but amazing professionally. His distress feeds his 'shadow' personna. He is currently on a mission to save Randy, Grady's brother. Randy, was held prisoner supposedly undergoing conversion thereapy. Shadow is emotionally moved by the artistry and emotion in Randy's art. Randy, thought Grady had ab ...more
Charlotte
Sentinels member, Shadow promised that he would find Grady's younger brother, Randy and he did. But Randy is a complex fellow! He's been held captive and tortured by his own family... betrayed on every level and now only trusts the man who rescued him.

There's a lot of unknowns about Randy... he's a late addition to the town of Brighton. He's an artist and Shadow falls for him immediately. I found that even for a fast-paced series like this, the relationship happened way too fast for me.

As alway
Suzanne Irving
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
All of the final story lines are brought together in this final romance between Shadow and Randy. While there is this romance in the book the majority of it is making sure that Randy’s father and his organization are brought down. I am sad that this is nearly the end of this series but I do like how M. Tasia has wrapped things up. Her characters again are the standout of the story. I love how she has characteristics for each of the men that make them more equal such as how Randy, who is an artis ...more
Stephanie W
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Their love story has, so far, affected me the most. Unconditional!

Grady asks Shadow for a personal favor. Rescue a family member - his little brother, Randy.
A request unlike any other assignment. A mission to change his future.

After rescuing Randy, Shadow is a different person. He sees the physical and emotional state of Randy- the work of his captors, and nothing will keep Shadow from protecting him.

Neither have a perfect past, yet their foundation allowed both men to grow together. Randy nee
R
Shadow is just that. A Sentinel who blends into any landscape, never seen, until he wants to be.

Randy (Grady’s brother), has spent months in a conversion camp. Pretty much hell on earth. Then Shadow/Jake steps into the light that is Randy. Neither man will live in the shadows again.

This story is definitely my favorite in the series. The author did a nice job of rescuing both men from their pain. This story was gritty with a bunch of triggers. While it wasn’t always pleasant, I think this book wa
Coastie  Mom
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
From the beginning to the end, I was hooked on this story. The journey that Shadow and Randy went through had my emotions all over the place. Randy and Shadow were both “broken” in their own ways and they were just the therapy each other needed. This story had everything you could ask for – instant attraction, passion, chemistry, understanding, action, drama, family, loyalty, pain, suspense, and reunions. Both men needed rescuing from their pasts before they could start a future together. Once a ...more
Eliza
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I loved this, seeing Shadow's story and finding out answers to what happened to Randy. It was a fantastic read that tied up a lot of loose ends that were hanging from Grady's story. I loved how different the characters were from each other and from previous works. I loved watching the character growth. All the action in the stories was an additional bonus both inside the bedroom and outside. I loved this work just as much as the previous ones in this series.

I give this a five out of five stars.

I
Sara Sigler
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Grady asked Shadow to find his little brother Randy because of what their father said to him. Shadow finally found Randy and was in bad shape from what the person holding him captive did to him. He got Randy out just in time. Before he was rescued Randy the fellowship a present that was brilliant, it made him a target but that was taken away. Randy and Shadow fell for each other! Great book! Love this series!
Kathryn Manzella
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shadow is the ninth book in the Boys of Brighton series by M. Tasia. This is a contemporary m/m romance that had me feeling the feels. Sweet times, sexy times, suspenseful times... this book was great. Shadow and Randy are fun and fantastic characters that I adore together. I felt bad for Randy and what he went through but Shadow and Randy can heal each other. Loved them!
Janet Hunt
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shadow and Randy’s past both haunt both men. Randy did not know that a family’s love should be unconditional. Until he is saved by Shadow. As always with the Boys of Brighton there is tons of action, suspense, love, and romance. Short read but really good!
I am voluntarily leaving a review form an ARC that I received. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and opinions.
Barbara Lampron
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

I loved it!! From Shadow staking him out to them being together I just loved the whole story. Thank you M. Tasia for writing this great story! I can't wait for the next story......
Nicole
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bk 9 Shadow (Jake) and Randy story.
A quick read. Enjoyable. An easy book and series, where you don't need to put much thought energy into reading. Best read in order.
Recommend the series. Insta love Insta conncetion.
Avril
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Love this series...

But this one seemed so rushed to me. It felt like huge chunks were missing. I've 5 started every book in this series but this one. Still, I'm looking forward to the Xmas edition!
Marion
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the boys of Brighton

I love the boys of Brighton and this one didn't disappoint! Although I feel like I need to go back and reread the whole series now! If you like love at first sight books, I recommend this book.
tammy rufo
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series!

I love this series! Randy is rescued by Shadow and of course they fall in love, and the bad guys are brought to justice...lots of action and love, hope there is more to come for The Boys of Brighton!
Shannon
This book did keep me reading straight through but was too short for any kind of emotional impact. Of course, I haven't read these in order so only knew a few of the characters which may account for that. I did enjoy Randy and Shadow (Jake) but it read more like a Siren romance than a deeper one. ...more
Tracy
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shadow has found his light in Randy whom he rescues. This is a action packed love story that will pull at your heartstrings. There is something in here for everyone! I really got into this book and though it is not that long the other books lead you here.
MM Book
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the Boys of Brighton series. They're short and really well-written with lots of action and suspense and hurt and comfort. And of course steamy love scenes.

Cynthia Brooks
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shadow promises Grady that he would find his brother Randy who was sent to a conversion camp. When he breaks him out he finds there's more to the camp then what everyone thinks. I really enjoyed this book
Teena D
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome, story.

I can't get enough of these gorgeous men and have loved every book in the series. These books are definitely in my permanent library.
Dangerous
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love

The men of Brighton is always great to get to know. I really love this cover for Shadow's book and I enjoyed his story. Two lost lives were re- invented. Beautiful.
Candice
I just can't seem to quit this series. ...more
Dani Elle Maas
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great series.
very glad i got to reading them
highly recommended!
Kristina
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been not so patiently waiting for Shadow's story since we first met him, then we meet Randy who is so brave and kind even when he believed everyone had turned away from him. These two make me giddy and like I need to reread the whole series all over again.

• Prophesy Book III: His Righteousness (The King and Alpha Series, #3)
  • Reggie's Reasons
  • Domesticated Beast (Time Served #3)
  • Sweet Hart (Hart Consulting, #1)
  • Promises: The Next Generation (Bounty Hunters #5)
  • Summons (Quirk of Fate #1)
  • Lucas (Blue Collar Daddies #2)
  • Under Sean's Protection (Northern States Pack #3)
  • Ryder (Blue Collar Daddies, #1)
  • Rise and Fall (Vanguard Towers #5)
  • Kick Back (Assassin's Claws, #3)
  • Edison (Warlocks of Amherst #6)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Protecting His Own (Guardians Of The Pack, #1)
  • Messy Ink (Get Ink'd #2)
  • Straight Up (The Speakeasy, #4)
  • Claiming His Potential (Northbay Pack Book 3)
M. Tasia is an mm romance author who lives in Ontario, Canada. Michelle is a dedicated people watcher, lover of romance novels, 80’s rock, and happily ever afters (once the MCs are put through their paces), who grew up with a love of reading. She’s a firm believer that everyone deserves to have love, excitement, and crazy hot romance in their lives. Love should be celebrated and shared.

Boys of Brighton (10 books)
  • Gabe (Boys of Brighton, #1)
  • Sam's Soldiers (Boys of Brighton, #2)
  • Rick's Bear (Boys of Brighton, #3)
  • Jesse (The Boys of Brighton, #4)
  • Coop (Boys of Brighton, #5)
  • Travis (Boys of Brighton, #6)
  • Grady (Boys of Brighton #7)
  • Vincent (Boys of Brighton #8)
  • The Holidays (Boys of Brighton #10)

News & Interviews

As the summer comes to a close and the days grow shorter, it's natural that we're drawn to what hides in the shadows. Mystery stories are...