Start by marking “The Second Law (Lynn Dayton Thrillers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Second Law (Lynn Dayton Thrillers, #3)

The Second Law

(Lynn Dayton #3)

In The Second Law, Lynn Dayton Thriller #3, TriCoast Energy executive Lynn Dayton is visiting the company’s San Francisco refinery when it comes under attack. Saddened by the fiery deaths of several workers, she traces the explosion to software malfunctions and contacts cybersecurity chief Kanak Singh to track it back to the source. The second law refers to the second law ...more
Published October 24th 2018 by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Second Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Law

Start your review of The Second Law (Lynn Dayton Thrillers, #3)
Jypsy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like The Second Law. The plot was just too much going on and confusing. It's also too far fetched for me. One woman and all of this tragedy? Not likely. Unfortunately, I didn't care for it overall. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Lee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a chaotic, high-tech energy mystery with a wide range of settings. Plenty of times I got bogged down in all the details of how the energy refineries worked, and all the technology with the cyber attacks. It was hard to keep up with and a bit much to follow. The plot itself was interesting, with the main executive, Lynn, being targeted and trade secrets stolen. Some of the best parts were when the book focused on particular people, and we got to know them. When the city of New Orleans ...more
Darren
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e book from Net Galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it. It is my first book by this author. I hope to read more books by this author.
Pam Venne
Hold on for the ride of your life as you learn about the energy industry and what vulnerability we have based on our competitor's needs and long-term plans. There is a mystery, intrigue, murder, cyber-warfare, international competitive interruptions, and many more twists and turns.

At times the information about the industry felt as if I were being fed through a fire-hose. For others who know the industry, it may not have felt that way. This is the only reason I brought my star rating from a 5
Seraphia
The Second Law by L.A. Starks is book three in her Lynn Dayton thriller series. This is the first book that I have read by this author and I was hooked from the first page. This thriller book is full of espionage, murder, secrets, and danger. I couldn’t get enough of it. As you read you can absolutely tell that the author has done a significant amount of research about the storyline and this story truly shines.
The author takes us from the U.S. to China to Russia and even to the Middle East.
Texas
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Second Law #3 - This is my first read by this author and I'm impressed! I thoroughly enjoyed this technology filled, intriguing, suspense filled story. Although this is the third book of a series, I did not miss the first two books; standalone and informative enough about the past, but I still want to read the others. If you enjoy serious reading on a real life level, you will enjoy this book, too.

There are multiple storylines covering you name it. Technology; cybercrime; murder; industrial
Teresa Collins
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to reading this book and I wanted it to be really great. The sad part is, the story of industrial espionage, cybercrime, murder, industrial sabotage, international espionage, is terrific. The story is well constructed, the dialogue feels natural and the characters are fully developed and three dimensional. So what's the problem? The problem is, I had no interest in reading an industrial manual on how to run an oil refinery. Believe me, this book included more information ...more
Valerie
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had such fun reading this book. It was captivating and had me hooked from the first chapter. The author did a marvelous job with character development and storyline. The author did such a great job with the characters that I felt connected to them and was invested in their story. I absolutely loved the mystery and suspense that the author was able to lace throughout the whole story. Amazing twists and turns left me reading nonstop.
Pat Eroh
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a thriller and a wonderful one at that. Keeps you on the edge of your seat and glued to the pages. I enjoyed this book immensely and I think my "prepper" son would love it as well.

Rebecca
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second Law kept me on pins and needles! Oh, my gosh, was it good. Everytime I thought things would calm, things exploded again. Figuratively speaking, of course. This is most definitely a keeper to be read again and again. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
T.S.
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L. A. Starks’ latest novel, the third in Lynn Dayton Thriller series is vividly up-to-date, involving global cybersecurity concerns and oil and energy politics. TriCoast Energy executive, the ever vigilant Lynn Dayton races to uncover a global conspiracy that threatens to disrupt the company’s oil refineries across various locations in the country while a shadowy Chinese group recruits dangerous people and works tirelessly to take over the American oil refineries’ operations for their own ...more
Eric
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book the other day. This is the first one that I had to wait a day to review. It was that good. I like reading books that make you forget that it is just a story and not real life. When I read this one there were times that I forgot it was a story that is involved in this I was. That is why I am giving this a 5 stars review.
Neil
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.
This was spoilt by far to much detail in the running of a oil refinery.
It took away from the basis of the story which would have made for a real good story.
L.A. Starks
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
richard
Jun 01, 2019
Eric
Aug 19, 2019
Destiny Brown
Dec 18, 2018
L.A. Starks
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marie Dahleh

• How to Cure a Fanatic
  • Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
  • Limitless Mind: Learn, Lead, and Live Without Barriers
  • Powerful Teaching: Unleash the Science of Learning
  • Spartan Gold (Fargo Adventure, #1)
  • The Oracle (Fargo Adventure, #11)
  • October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard
  • The Light of Dawn: Daily Readings from the Holy Qur'an
  • Gaze Upon Jesus: Experiencing Christ's Childhood through the Eyes of Women
  • Red at the Bone
  • The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #.5)
  • Tales of the City (Tales of the City, #1)
THE SECOND LAW (Lynn Dayton Thriller #3), winner of first place award from Texas Authors for best international thriller, is about attacks through the Internet of Industrial Things (iIOT). Lynn Dayton, who must uncover and stop a multi-pronged plot.

"unremitting suspense throughout...Spirited characters, both good and bad, populate this engaging, often surprising thriller."--Kirkus

Readers who

Lynn Dayton (3 books)
  • 13 Days: The Pythagoras Conspiracy (Lynn Dayton Thriller, #1)
  • Strike Price (Lynn Dayton #2)