Start by marking “The Other Mrs. Miller” as Want to Read:
The Other Mrs. Miller

The Other Mrs. Miller

Two women are watching each other.

Phoebe Miller isn't sure when the rusty car started showing up in the cul-de-sac she calls home, or why its driver would be spying on her. What could be interesting about an unhappy housewife who drowns her sorrows in ice cream and wine and barely leaves her house?

Only one knows why.

When a new family moves in across the street--the exubera
Published July 16th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about The Other Mrs. Miller, please sign up.
Allison Dickson Unfortunately this is a typo that was not caught before the book went to its first printing. It, however, was fixed in time for the ebook and will be …moreUnfortunately this is a typo that was not caught before the book went to its first printing. It, however, was fixed in time for the ebook and will be corrected in future printings. I apologize for this.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Other Mrs. Miller
Kaceey
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*
This book is the total package! It’s fun, surprising, shocking...did I mention fun?

Mrs. Miller, known to her friends (if she had any) as Phoebe has turned into somewhat of a recluse after her father died amidst a massive scandal. She rarely leaves the house now, other than to pick up groceries and more importantly...wine!
Her marriage is on the rocks...more precisely, hanging by a thread.

Recently, a new couple moved in across the street with their college bound son. Phoebe takes notice and
j e w e l s
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIVE SOLID STARS

Poor Phoebe Miller. She’s in a bit of a life slump right now. Oh, she’s still filthy rich, but she is on the other side of 30 and the pounds are creeping on while the once gorgeous face is fading. Her late father has been exposed as a nasty creep and she would rather hide out in her mansion with her expensive wine and plenty of Haagen-Daz than venture out to the shops where she will be recognized.

She has a sappy husband, no friends or family. Phoebe is lonely. Her interest is pi
Susanne  Strong
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
4 Stars. Did that just Happen? Really?! Say WHAT?! Yeah, it did. Ha!

“The Other Mrs. Miller” is a very weird book. Like weird. Wild, and yes, it was in fact far-fetched and in this instance, it actually worked (you heard me say that.. yes, you can cover your mouth in shock because normally I am not a fan of far-fetched plots) but in this case it was outlandish and crazy and yes, it worked!). So settle, in grab a copy of this novel and prepare to be ENTERTAINED.

Phoebe Miller never leaves the hou
BernLuvsBooks

Dysfunctional Families ✅
Over the top ✅
Suspension of Disbelief REQUIRED ✅
Cray-Cray ✅

Yes, the Other Mrs. Miller was ALL of those things, making it quite an engaging page-turner! This book was like settling in with a good friend for some juicy gossip - pure entertainment!
Jayme
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part One:

Oh, Mrs. Miller!

Your rich Daddy has died in scandal, and you are hiding out in your house, "wearing yoga pants with no intention of doing poses."

Your favorite synonym for serenity is French: Cabernet Sauvignon. "

But someone has been sitting outside your house and you are sure that they are watching you.

You start a logbook noting the dates and times of when the car, and that person are there.

You are ever so snarky, but a lot of what you think and say resonates with me, as a reader.

W
Holly  B
Phoebe enjoys the quiet ease of a "shut-in" lifestyle.

She is an heiress after all, she can do what she wants.

That is until this annoying little beat up blue car starts parking down her block in the same spot. This is Lake Forest Drive and those types of cars don't belong on her street.

Why can't she get a good look at the driver?

Then some new neighbors move in, more reasons for her to peer out the window.  A typical day monitoring the street with a full wine glass in hand.  She isn't a co
Toni
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Phoebe's recently lost her wealthy father Daniel and is literally shutting herself in her suburban house in a quiet cul-de-sac. She has no desire to interact with other people and most definitely she'd like to avoid the press. Since his death, Daniel has been accused of rape and various kinds of harrassment by numerous women who were too afraid to talk about it earlier for the fear of retribution. Phoebe did not exactly have a happy childhood herself. Most of the time her father didn't acknowled ...more
Erin (from Long Island, NY)
I know I'm the odd man out here so i was actually second guessing myself.. But if I'm honest, i just thought this book was silly. I enjoyed the first part.. I thought Phoebe was interesting & would've liked to spend more time with her. But once we got to part 2?! Oh boy. It actually was so ridiculous (just my opinion of course) that it genuinely came across as comical. I was surprised its even in the thriller genre, but then i saw the other reviews & turns out I'm very much in the minority. So I ...more
Bridgett
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Domestic suspense, with a big heaping side of F.U.N., for the win!

I don't typically enjoy books which require such a blatant suspension of belief. Having said that, this book was so campy and entertaining, particularly with a completely unexpected murder or two, that I was in it, friends. One hundred percent!

Go into this story with every intention of not taking it too seriously, and I think you'll also wind up giddy about indulging in this witty, twisty, and fun-loving novel.

Linda
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The dead don't often stay buried.

And it's the living that rattle the chains and keep you up at night.

Phoebe Miller is a prisoner of her own making. Much like a shut-in these days, our gal Phoebe sits beside the pool drinking bottles of wine in a daze from early morning until night. She's gained weight and lost confidence. Her husband, Wyatt, a psychologist, has kept her in the spin-cycle of trying to become pregnant with no results. And no amount of invitro treatments ever seems to take.

With p
Tammie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
The Other Mrs. Miller, a mystery/thriller, was a solid 3.5 stars.
Phoebe Miller is an unhappy wealthy woman living in Chicago. Phoebe spends the vast majority of her time at home- drowning her sorrows in a desperate attempt to forget about her failing marriage and the horrible family legacy her father left behind after his recent death. With women coming forward accusing her father of serious misconduct, Phoebe feels that she is now a target, especially with a suspicious blue car now parking in
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
The Other Mrs Miller is one heck of a crazy ride - and I mean cray-cray!! And I loved it! I was not expecting the turns the story took at all from the blurb. Allison Dickinson has a sure fire hit on her hands here - and I have heard that it has already been picked up for a TV series. I will be tuning in for that.

It is a tough book to write much about without giving anything away - as I said, I wasn't expecting the way the story went at all. Phoebe Miller is a rich housewife who is in an unhappy
Pauline
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I enjoyed part one of this book. Phoebe is a rich bored housewife who likes to stay at home and drink while her husband is out at work. Her marriage is on the rocks. When new neighbours move in next door she gets close to them by befriending the wife and her son.
Part two of the book I found to be farcical and unbelievable but entertaining.
Thank you to NetGalley and Little, Brown Book Group UK for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Rachel
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars

I've spent most of the day pondering this psychological thriller, trying to decide exactly how to rate it. It was tough, because while some of it was very unique and well done, other aspects were much less impressive. I think 3 Stars is a fair assessment of my experience.

SUMMARY
Phoebe Miller's life is on a downward spiral. She and her husband, Wyatt, have let so much space come between them that they have become little more than apathetic roommates. Not only did her (very wealthy, captai
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

The Other Mrs Miller is a great mystery to help you out on a boring day. But if you are looking for the dark and twisty masterpiece to blow your mind, I’m afraid this is not it…

Phoebe Miller is married to a man she doesn’t love. He is a psychotherapist and Phoebe feels he constantly analyses her. She doesn’t work because her father was rich. And when he died, women started to tell their stories of all the terrible things he did. All Phoebe wants t
pelaio
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vaya! La sorpresa agradable del verano. Me ha gustado mucho, me ha enganchado, muy bien escrita y la trama, excelentemente desarrollada. Hay ocasiones en que a través del "boca a boca" te haces muchas expectativas con un libro y te llevas una terrible decepción. Y en otros casos, como en este, sin ninguna referencia, te encanta el libro. Muy recomendable. Bajo mi punto de vista, claro. :-) ...more
Darinda
Phoebe Miller spends her days at home alone. She's noticed the same car parked on her street several times a week. Phoebe wonders if it is someone taking a break from their day or if someone is spying on her. When new neighbors move in across the street, Phoebe forgets about the woman in the car.

Told in two parts, Part 1 - Mrs. Miller and Part 2 - The Other Mrs. Miller. The first part is about Phoebe and her life. She is wealthy, lonely, and unhappily married. When new neighbors move in, she sta
Chris
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dull. Flat. Uninteresting. Bland.

I got through the first half; the “Mrs. Miller” section and was ready to DNF. I then read some GR reviews from people who said “ooooh, the second part is SO good! “ so I pushed onward.

Um, no. Bad decision. Not good at all. I didn’t see it or feel it in either half of the book. I didn’t like Mrs. Miller or the “Other” Mrs. Miller.

The first part was drivel, whining, and much ado about nothing. The characters were weak. The plot was going...where??

The second part
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

**3.5 stars**

The Other Mrs Miller by Allison Dickson. (2019).

Two women are watching each other and only one knows why. Phoebe isn't sure when the car on her street appeared and originally thought it was related to the scandal around her late father, but she's now certain it's there for her and has no idea why. When a new family moves in across the street Phoebe becomes distracted and she's no longer focused on the car, when really she
Kelli
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it

This book shows the life of a super rich, yet lonely and isolated Phoebe Miller. New neighbors move across the street and her life will never be the same.

Heart pounding until the end. The book kept me guessing until the very last page. I don’t even know how many theories I thought I had discovered until the end.

The book is separated into two parts which took me a bit to get into and enjoy.

It is a quick page turning read that I couldn’t get enough of.
3.5 stars. Fun, fast-paced, and entertaining, but I don't think it'll stick with me. ...more
Cesar
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars.

Domestic thrillers can be my favorite type of thrillers because of the amount of secrecy and lies there are in families. The perfect family hiding secrets until its all exposed in the light. With that in mind, The Other Mrs. Miller should've been a good domestic thriller. Except I found the story and characters to be very underwhelming. From beginning to end, I had to endure characters that are as bland as grey wallpaper and a plot that dragged on more than it should have.

Where The Other
Laura Peden
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, audiobooks
This was a fun read! I loved the campy plot...totally unbelievable but it never pretends to be anything it’s not. From the beginning you can tell it’s more Desperate Housewives than Broadchurch. Speaking of Desperate Housewives, the narrator sounds just like the voice-over actor from that show. I went into this totally blind and that’s how I’m recommending you read this too. I loved how it all wrapped up in the end!
LolaF
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agatha-2020
No me ha desagradado, pero me ha pasado lo mismo que con muchos domestic noir: tienen algo o más bien les falta algo para que me atrapé y diga uff, vaya libro.

La trama tiene esos giros que supuestamente te van llevando de un sospechoso a otro, pero el "rumrum" de la primera intuición siempre ha estado ahí, junto con cierta desconfianza ante los datos que íbamos descubriendo -tal vez es que cada día soy un poco más escéptica o que vea las páginas que quedan o que ya me espere ciertos giros ;-)-.
Terrie Robinson
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love Domestic Thrillers
Recommended to Terrie by: Library
"The Other Mrs. Miller" by Allison M. Dickson is a darkly written Domestic Thriller! Oh My!!

When you're unhappy with your marriage and shut yourself in your house eating bon-bons and sipping wine by the pool all day, every day, anything and everything that happens on the other side of the blinds seems interesting, right? For Phoebe Miller this includes the driver in the rusting blue car parked in the cul-de-sac spying on her hour after hour, day after day. Why on earth is that car there? Who is
Melissa Souza
Aug 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery, adult, thriller
**Unpopular opinion ahead!!!

So I don't know if everyone else was reading another book but this by far has got to be one of the silliest books I've read in a while. And that's saying a lot. I've read some bad books in my time but this one definitely takes the cake. From the other reviews, I got the feeling that this was going to be a pretty different type of book and I was even willing to suspend all logical belief going into it because hey, it was supposed to be over the top. Well, this book is
Lesa Divine
I enjoyed this. With the low ratings I didn't think I would. But I gave it a shot and enjoyed the twists.

Trying to find out who's the other Mrs. Miller... Trying to find out who's the mystery persons and who's truly the killer or killers...

Julie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
The premise is dumb and scarcely credible, and even after 320 pages, left me unconvinced. The characters’ motivations are equally ridiculous. There is the requisite Big Reveal, but the pay off isn’t worth the distractingly implausible setup.
Sherri Thacker
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This might be my fave book so far of 2020!!!! Holy cannoli!!!!!!! It grabbed me from the first page and I did not want to put it down. And this is the authors debut book?!!! Wow what an imagination she has!!! So many twists and turns you don’t know what’s going to happen next. A roller coaster 🎢 of a book!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Highly recommend this one!!
Mariota
El libro tiene un par de giros buenos, pero me ha parecido un poco lento. Se puede leer, domestic noir.
Goodreads Librari...: missing book cover 2 15 Aug 22, 2019 08:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 14 Aug 08, 2019 06:26PM

• Myface
  • Which Way to Happiness?
  • Before I Saw You
  • The Wife Stalker
  • The Other Mrs.
  • When I Was You
  • The Stranger Times
  • Afraid of the Christmas Lights: An Anthology of Crime Stories
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Coffinmaker’s Garden (Ash Henderson, #3)
  • Patch Work: A Life Amongst Clothes
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Heatstroke
  • Dear Wife
  • Someone We Know
  • Dead to Her
  • The Half Sister
  • Little Secrets
Allison M. Dickson is the author of several well-reviewed independently published novels and short stories covering everything from horror and sci-fi to suspense.

Her major debut thriller, THE OTHER MRS MILLER, is due out from Putnam on 7/16/19! Learn more at her work at allisonmdickson.com.