Start by marking “Bittersweet Betrayal (Spirited Sweets Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Betrayal (Spirited Sweets Mystery #1)

Bittersweet Betrayal

(Spirited Sweets Mystery #1)

Claire and Nick are the perfect crime-solving couple.

Except one of them is dead.

Ever since Nick passed, Claire has been able to see ghosts.
Well the grounded ones anyway.
When Nick’s not-so-dearly departed grandma makes an untimely exit, Nick relies on his ever-clever wife to track the clues and bring the killer to justice. Claire is more than willing to take the case i
Published October 22nd 2018 by Pink Sapphire Press

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Betrayal

Yvonne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
After Claire’s husband dies, she’s suddenly able to see ghosts. Her husband, Nick, is one of them. Now, she can see Nick’s grandmother, although she’s not dead. Well, as far as Claire knows, she’s not dead. As it turns out, Nick’s grandma really passed away and Claire figures it’s up to her to find out why. With the help of her late husband, Claire searches for a killer.

I wasn’t sure what to expect at first, but what a unique story! It had the feel of the old The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Krystyna
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great twist at the end - terrific!

A full blooded cozy in the form of a short read. A masterful plot with great red herrings and characters that you will bond with.
Having the floating head of her Grandmother-in-law suddenly appear in the dough can have an off putting effect on anyone but telling them that they are dead is far worse. Now they (she and the ghost of her husband) have to devise a means for the body to be found. Although with her other grandson living with her it should have a
Wulfwyn
I enjoyed this quick cozy mystery. At 70 pages it is just the right size for taking a break out of a busy day. The fall through Christmas always seem a busy and stressful time. A quick, no stress, book is a great antidote.
With Bittersweet Betrayal you can relax and refresh. Claire and Nick, the main characters, have a love tie that goes beyond death. They make me smile and give me hope of finding a love like that. I’m excited that Milo will be appearing in future books. A surprising like, for m
Miss W Book Reviews
Shelves: arc
Bittersweet Betrayal is the First Book (Novella) in the Spirited Sweets Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series. If you love a fun cozy paranormal story, this short story is for you.

In this book we meet Claire and Nick , and they are a fantastic couple, except Nick is dead .
Since his death, Claire can see ghosts. When Nick's grandmother passes, Claire starts investigation.

This is a great paranormal story. I loved Claire and Nick right away. The characters are so sweet and well thought out. I am excite
Darla
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claire has been able to see ghosts since the death of her husband, Nick. When the head of Nick's grandmother shows up in Claire's bakery/café, she's surprised to see her so Nick's ghost goes to check on her. He sees his grandmother on the floor of her parlor so sends Claire to discover the body. But when Claire gets to the house, the other grandson answers the door and was supposedly unaware she had been killed. Claire's sister is a detective on the police force and she comes to investigate. Cla ...more
Disney14604
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really an excellent book!!!!

Really quick fast easy to read book. Author evens says 1-2 hours usually and It was. Yes I read this after reading the second book. It does read by itself.

The kitty is smart and cute too. Wondering if he will have special powers too?

I had to check to make sure it is book one. I felt like I missed something about how Nick is a ghost and what happened to him that he died. Claire says something about what had happened to her in the beg
Bev
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Claire is still reeling from Nick, her husband who died in a car crash. Now she has his grandmother, Adele haunting her. Adele and Claire never got along in real life and it seems this trend is carrying on in the after life. Adele's body needs to be discovered as she is lying on the floor in her home. Claire and Andrew, Adele's other grandson, discover the body and call the police. When Autumn, Claire's sister gets there, she notes the room and tells them it is a crime scene. Who would kill Adel ...more
Judy Johnson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series by this author. I was so excited to read this book because Stephanie Damore has never written a book I haven't loved and true to form, this book was no exception. This book kept me swiping my Kindle till the end of this short, quick, enjoyable read! Just the right amount of sass and snarkiness, humor in just the right places, this paranormal is sure to please! Characters you both love to love and hate and you find yourself cheering about the dead character ...more
Kat Taylor
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
One Sour &Sweet Surprise

What a hoot, some in-laws can be nasty to deal with and sometimes they can surprise you,as in life and after. A gal that spends time with her ghost of a husband that she still loves dearly is one thing. But when the cantankerous gran in law's head shows up as a body less insulting ghost first thing in the morning well that just closes any good day and you know it can only get worres right. I thnk you get the idea. A fabulously L.O.L. Read,so well written you just can
Lisa
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In return of receiving an ARC, I am posting an honest review.
Want to read a quick cozy and lose yourself for a couple of hours? Meet Claire, a widow, bakery owner, oh, and an actual ghost whisperer! When her deceased husbands grandmother, Adele, passes away, who does she turn to? Claire of course!! With her husband and his grandmother (figuratively) at her side, Claire knows Adele didn't just die of old age. There was foul play involved! Follow Claire as the clues fall into place in this c
Lisa Denn
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Bittersweet Betrayal was great! I loved both the characters and story line. The paranormal aspects included in the book were perfectly balanced with the rest of the story so as to not over exaggerate the believeability of the story. Some authors over do their paranormal elements to the point that I lose intetest due to a lack of realism. For me, a good book with a paranormal theme depends on the author's successful trapeze walk between the real world and the after life. Damore scored all A's in ...more
Bobbi
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hum, wonder why Claire lost her baking talent when she lost her husband and cat? This was a quick and fun reading experience. Love that Claire can see ghosts and that she sees her husband all the time, except when he is playing poker with the other dead men. The plot was very interesting, Adele, Nick’s grandmother always picked on Claire and Claire thought Adele disliked her. But did she really? After all Claire was the first one Adele visited after her death. You will have to read the story to ...more
Ellen White
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claire maybe a morning person for her bakery, to have a headless grandmother of her husband appear, is too much. Telling her how to make bread, and the comments,I never liked you much. The question of why is she even here then. a husband who still makes her heart race, is also from the afterlife, who visits her. No one knows of why she is dead and laying on the floor, he wants her to call the police, and how will she tell them. She wants to solve, if nothing else to get her away from the bakery. ...more
Barbara Hackel
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the concept of a widow having her husband's ghost around for comfort and company. However I felt a little disappointed in the build-up of this book. I was expecting more crime solving drama and ghostly help. It was pretty tame in mystery solving and involvement. I thought maybe the author rushed the ending a little and could have developed more clues and red herrings. It needed more tension.
Bobbi Walker
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is the word that I would use to describe this book. Enjoyable is another. I thoroughly enjoyed Bittersweet Betrayal by Stephanie Damore. She has a quick wit and knows just how to play one character of the other. I won't give away any spoilers, just let you know that this book is highly entertaining.
I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review.
Janice E. Ryberg
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Betrayal ... Is a cute, sassy, smart mystery! 5stars

Ok, I admit I love cats and sass and bakery goodies. That doesn't leave much for me to find fault with this cozy mystery! I definitely enjoyed the happy ending for Milo. I will definitely be reading more of this series. Don't miss it!!
Kandi A. Hudson
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

I really enjoyed this short story. The writing was sassy, the plot and journey to the murderer was clever. I did not guess the culprit which is always a good thing for this reader and makes for a good book in my opinion. I loved the ending. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Donna B. Hanson
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable.

Very enjoyable little story about how much you can miss interpret the feelings of others. Characters were well defined and likable. This is the type of series I like to read at bed time. Interesting and no bad dreams. It can be read as a stand alone but I plan on reading the next one in the series.
Pam
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Short and entertaining book. Claire can see and talk to ghosts - especially her late husband Nick. Nick's grandmother suddenly appears to Claire so she must be dead! Claire (with some help from Nick) solve the murder. Claire was named in the will as the guardian of Milo, the cat. I think we will learn more in the next book about what that entails.

I want to read the next ones in the series.
Janet Graham
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Short Cozy Ever!
I so enjoyed this cute cozy mystery. There were parts that were so funny I laughed out loud! The mystery is simple, but it introduces us to the characters of the series. I think that this backstory is essential. This is going to be fun! The mystery, the humor, and the crazies! I received this book for free and this is my honest review.
Claudia
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is fun and entertaining, and a fantastic introduction to a new series. A ghost, a cat and an investigation!

I loved Claire and Nick right away, they are a lovely couple and the mystery was really well-thought., with a neat and surprising twist at the end. I'll sure be waiting for the next book :)
Holly
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short cozy mystery but better than a novella! Claire owns a bakery.
Her husband Nick died in a car accident two years ago but his ghost visits Claire. Then Nick ' s Grandmother's ghost appears. Claire hadn't heard Adele died. Claire, Nick and Adele investigate to find out what happened to Adele. Very enjoyable and fun!
Monica
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet surprise! I've had this on my kindle for awhile just picked a random book to read today. It was such a fun read and got me hooked. I love how quickly Milo adapted to Claire. And I loved the big reveal at the end. Good mystery with ghosts helping. Can't wait to read more in this series.
Karen
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1st in the Series

If you enjoy mysteries ghosts & some romance, I think you’ll enjoy this book. I read all 4 of the books in the series & enjoyed them all. Claire is able to see ghosts, including her husband Nick & with his help & the help of their kitty Milo, they solve the mysteries of Blue Clair Bay. This 1st book is about Nick’s grandmother’s death!
Josie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet

Overall a great story, but I felt like I was dropped in a story already in progress. The author filled in the gaps as the story progressed so it eventually came together. I wonder if there was a prequel or another series this spin off from.
Amary Chapman
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Culinary paranormal cpzy

Widow and baker Claire is just trying to make a living in her bakery with Ellen her helper's aid .... and the company of the spirit of her dead husband Nick. She gets drawn into snooping on the death of his grandmother by her spirit and Nick's.
Beatrice Followill
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Enjoyed reading this fun cozy , Claire is not only running a bakery , seeing her ghost Husband ,but now she has to find out who murdered her Grandma in law ..who happens to dislike Claire and isn't afraid to show it ..Look forward to reading more in this series
Bernadette Cinkoske
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Betrayal is an excellent beginning to a new series. I was drawn in on page one and raced to the finish. There are so many red herrings and other twists that I did not guess anything. The end is a huge twist. I cannot wait to read the next book.
Sally Hannoush
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the series. It was a fun paranormal cozy mystery. Great intro to the series. I read the book in one sitting. I look forward to more.
Sue Bradshaw
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

I loved this book, can not wait to read the next one. I highly recommend this book. I loved the cat.
I'm a mystery author with a soft spot for romance and humor, too. I love all things girlie with a dollop of danger, have a strong affinity for the color pink (especially in diamonds and champagne), and, not to brag, but chocolate and I are in a pretty serious relationship.

My books are fun and flirty, and feature smart and sassy sleuths. If you love books with a dash of spice and twist of whodunit

Spirited Sweets Mystery (4 books)
  • Decadent Demise (Spirited Sweets Mystery #2)
  • Red Velvet Revenge (Spirited Sweets Mystery #3)
  • Sugared Suspect (Spirited Sweets Mystery #4)