Start by marking “Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)” as Want to Read:
Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)

Tilly and the Lost Fairytales

(Pages & Co. #2)

A magical adventure to delight the imagination. The curl-up-on-the-sofa snuggle of a series from a uniquely talented author.

On a wintery visit to Paris
Published September 19th 2019 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

To ask other readers questions about Tilly and the Lost Fairytales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tilly and the Lost Fairytales

Start your review of Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Apr 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019
HAHA! Finally found this page *evil laugh* you tried to hide but you failed!
Nikki
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I just love this world. I want to be able to bookwander so badly.

I love Tilly’s frustration in this as well as her reaction to those around her - it really felt like she was her age, and not magically with the composure of an adult. Plus I loved getting to see more of the underlibrary and fairytales.

I did find it a little frustrating that it was simple resolve for one thing and no resolution for another. B
Odette Brethouwer
I finished this in one sitting yesterday and I honestly shred a tear because I finished it and now it's finished.

This is the sequel to my favorite bookish book and it is just as wonderful! I love the world Anna James creates and the adventures we get to go on with Tilly and Oskar. The illustrations are gorgeous as well.

I love this series with my whole heart, it is truly amazing. Oh and the books are gorgeous underneath the dust covers as well! https://www.instagram.com/p/B2wiqlToY_F/ (swipe for naked cover!)
Beth, BooksNest
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Tilly is such a delightful character to read about, she’s the perfect child heroin! She is adventurous and fun and she doesn’t always follow the rules, which is excellent because some very exciting things can happen when you don’t follow the rules.

This book takes off from where we left off in the first book as the mess that Chalk created is attempting to be cleaned up. Tilly has her mum back and has also made some interesting discoveries about her own heritage. This book follows fair
Noemi Proietti
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think every book lover dreams of being part of their favourite books. I dreamt of visiting Hogwarts, discovering the secret garden with Mary and Colin, or meeting Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. In Anna James’s children series, my dream is a reality. The protagonist is Tilly Pages. She is a young girl who not only can call “home” her parents bookstore, Pages & Co., but she can wander inside books. She is a bookwanderer, meaning that she can visit Anne of Green Gables or go and have tea wi ...more
Sue
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting, as I was enjoying it so much. We get straight into the action right at the beginning, with very little time wasted in explaining the set up from the first book. Tilly and Oskar get into more scrapes but, as before, their courage and resourcefulness helps them along. The mystery is deepening as we learn of more factions within the bookwandering community. There are differences of opinion about how to manage book wanderers and the books themselves. However some cal ...more
Joan
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, a great second book in a children book series called Pages and Co. Anna James is an amazing writer. The characters.and plot draw you in and you can not stop reading it. I can not wait until my 8 year old granddaughter is older to give her the series. I have a closet shelf saving books for her. I already have my son books for his 5 year old in the future. This book could be for a boy too it is just the main character, Tilly, is a girl. I cannot wait for the next book to continue this series ...more
Bookwormandtheatremouse
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the adventures of Tilly and Oskar as they have the chance that every bookworm desires - they enter books as Bookwanderers, meet characters and go on adventures.
This is the second novel - and this time it is more based around Fairytales and book magic. I don't want to spoil the story other than to say Tilly and her family need to preserve the magic of books and bookwandering from those who wish to spoil it for their own gains. I can't wait to find out what happens so I hope their is a thi
Steph
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully brave Tilly is on another brilliant, book-loving filled adventure with some familiar faces from fairy tales. If you’ve not picked up these books yet, you absolutely should. I wish I was Tilly’s friend.
Manon the Malicious
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, physical, signed
*4.5 Stars*

Really great little book. It drew me in and I love it so very much. The plot is captivating, Tilly and Oskar are amazing, I can't wait for the next book!
Kerran Olson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This series is just so cute, and would undoubtedly have been a favourite if I'd read these books as a kid. I liked the way fairytale characters were characterised in this one, especially when there were different versions like Red Riding Hood, and how the darker origins of fairy tales were approached. The politics of book wandering and the library system were approached really well for a middle grade book, and it definitely sets up Tilly's next adventure too, so I'm keen for the next book!
Michelle
A book will welcome any reader; any age, any background, any point of view

Anna James returns with the sequel to her debut book, and I really hope there’s going to be a third in the series.

This sequel felt a little slower than the first book, although I probably still zipped through it in record time. It follows on from the aftermath of the first book, and lots of talk of what would happen now to the libraries and book wanderers. This section reminded me of parts in Order of the Phoenix, and it
Gilly
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tilly Pages is a bookwanderer; she can travel inside books, and even talk to the characters she meets there. But Tilly’s powers are put to the test when fairytales start leaking book magic and causing havoc . . . On a wintery visit to Paris, Tilly and her best friend Oskar bravely bookwander into the land of fairytales to find that characters are getting lost, stories are all mixed-up, and mysterious plot holes are opening without warning. Can Tilly work out who, or what, is behind the chaos so ...more
Asha - A Cat, A Book, And A Cup Of Tea
Another exciting bookish adventure with the Pages and Co crew! This is a fun and interesting set up for a kids book, and one that will hugely reward those with a love of books. I enjoyed the first book very much, and this continues in a very similar vein: literary nods (this time fairy tales!), mild peril, and a warm, loving family feel.

My one niggle is that it suffers from the same lack of pacing at the end that the first book had - the big bad is wrapped up 90% of the way, then nobody does an
James Cross
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Pages and Co series which follows a girl Tilly, and her friend Oskar as they ‘bookwander’, that is travel into books and have adventures, interacting with characters and having a wonderful time. Imagine being able to have a picnic with mole in Wind in the Willows, or escape from the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass.

Tilly lives in her grandparents bookshop and they try to protect her from the dangers of book wandering and the Underlibrary, who are
Miss Bookiverse
Another quick cozy adventures with Tilly and Oscar, this time during the Christmas season. The atmosphere and warmth was just as enjoyable as in book 1 but I felt a little bit disappointed by other parts. I loved their visit to Paris and how that enhanced their knowledge of underlibraries just as much as their stroll through a book of fairy tales. It was so much fun to meet all these emancipated heroines and I wish there had been more of that.

This novel showed a lot of potential for moral ambig
K McG
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Continue to enjoy Tilly’s exploits. As a series, this has huge potential and cinematic/serialisation qualities. I expect you’d feel rather lost starting with this one, so do read Book One first.

This 2nd in the series felt more like a bridge, with a deal of focus on world-building, rather than the sheer unbridled fun and adventure of the first, where you are dipping in and out of classic children’s literature and spending time in bookshops and libraries. My children picked up on the meta-politic
Lostwithoutabook
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic next installment in the Pages & Co series. This one builds on the drama from the previous book but has a slightly sinister undertone that I think children will love. Tilly, her friends and her family continue to work together bravely to overcome problems and challenges within the Underlibrary and their lives. It's a real treat for book lovers as this time characters from Fairy Tales are woven into the story - I felt that in the previous book, children may not have known some of t ...more
Sabrina
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something or someone is messing with fairy tales. As Tilly's grandparents warn her, fairy tales have always been a bit unstable, but now characters getting mixed up and different versions are blending into each other. Nothingness and plot holes are spreading while book magic leaks out. Tilly feels like it is up to her to find the cause and discover what Melville Underwood, the mysterious new Head Librarian, is up to.
I enjoyed book 1 but felt like it was mostly scene-setting, this second bo
Dabarai
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It is a second novel in Pages & Co series and Tilly and her friends are bookwandering into stories once again! This time they visit fairy tales, but something is wrong - who will help them to keep the books safe, and who is a new person in charge of the Underlibrary? I thought that the book was lovely and funny, although I did not enjoy it as much as the first one, I think. I was missing an exciting discovery, such as bookwandering and story of `Tilly's mum in the previous book, but I really ...more
The Burrow Bookshelf
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! After flying through Pages and Co book one, Tilly and the Bookwanderers, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the release of this one so I was over the moon when Harper Kids sent me an advance copy!

We pick up the story with Tilly’s mum struggling to fit back into reality and it was great to see the relationship between mother and daughter developing as the book goes on.

We meet new characters in this one, some nice, some not so nice 😅 and it’s apparent which is which quite e
Emsal
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am absolutely LOVING and LIVING for these books. They may be geared towards the younger generation, but I however, absolutely adore them.

This world is amazingly creative, unique and full of fun and adventure. I borrowed this one from the library but I will be definitely buying myself a copy, or requesting a copy for Christmas.

The detail is amazing and I can clearly see so many metaphors hidden within this idea that we can wander into new worlds and old ones, that there are plot holes and cha
Angel McGregor
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was ecstatic to get an advance copy of this in the post from the publishers and started reading almost then and there... it feels like I have been waiting forever for Tilly's story to continue! The Lost Fairytales did not disappoint, though I felt like everything happened rather quickly and almost rushed. Not necessarily a bad thing - I know I am reading children's fiction - but I would have liked more... more fairytales, more mishaps, more adventures...
Ending left wide open for book num
Dreximgirl
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the second book in the Pages and Co series. Tilly is such a bright curious character and Oskar is the best of best friends. The Paris setting and Oskar's family was a really interesting first half (seeing another Underlibrary was fun too) and the twists and turns of the second half was engaging and got to a point where I couldn't put it down. Very much enjoyed and looking forward to the next one.

A solid 4.5 stars.

I was sent this book by Netgalley is exchange for an
Caitlin
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another lovely literary adventure! This time, Tilly and Oskar visit Paris, get lost in fairytales, and search for clues about The Archivists.
This novel felt like it was building to a huge third book the whole way through, a lot happened but it was all in place to build up to what might be a conclusion of the series?

There was less bookwandering and exploring in this one which I didn’t mind too much. But we did find out some more interesting quirks, and some information about Oskar!!
Steve Palmer
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this sequel as it develops the bookwandering world of Tilly Pages. The writing is beautiful as well with lovely deft touches - "skies so blue it looked like you could sail in them". Lots of humour especially with meeting fairy tale characters (feisty females abound).
However, the ending is so much of a cliffhanger that it should come with Eastender drums. And Tilly is uncharacteristically tongue-tied. But yes, I will be waiting for Book 3 with anticipation.
Jaclyn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed both of Anna James’ book wandering tales. What a great magical world! I think I may have enjoyed book two even more than the first one BUT I will say it started off a little slower. Having faith in Miss James’ and the allure of book wandering I still sped through it. I hope there are more books to come!
Chantelle Hazelden
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say.

I loved the first book....

And the second book is even better!

A glorious mix of fairytales and drama.

Written for children but perfect for adults too.

I'd love to be a bookwanderer!
Joelie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot imagine ever giving these books less than 5 stats. I love the world, the adventure, Tilly's cautious and at the same time rebellious nature, Oscar's sweet yet dear devil type tendencies. I love everything about this series and I hope it never ends.
Yvette
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
My only regret reading this was that I hadn’t read the first one and I was too impatient to wait to get it. I think any book lover would enjoy this story of book wanderers and dream themselves of entering places they have only read about.

• The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • Why You Should Read Children's Books, Even Though You Are So Old and Wise
  • The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)
  • Evie and the Animals
  • The Deathless Girls
  • Rumblestar
  • The Land of Roar
  • Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Frostheart
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • Willow Moss the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)
  • The Star Outside my Window
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society, #1)
  • The Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times
  • Chinglish
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • The Black Flamingo

Pages & Co. (2 books)
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)