Jump to ratings and reviews

Another Sky

LIGHTNING ON MY SKIN
THUNDER IN MY SOUL
HEAVY ON MY HEART
YOU WERE MY PERFECT STORM

My world stopped turning six years ago.
My best friend. My best girl.
A burning field in the pouring rain.
I survived, but I left the biggest part of me with them.
And now I sift through the rubble of my broken life.

I didn’t want a second chance.
Redemption. Closure.
Not for me.

Until Gelsey.
A dancer. A dreamer. Everything I’m not.
She’s the light to my dark.
The sun from another sky.

But sunny days never last.
The storm is coming.
And this time when darkness falls, I might surrender

Published June 25, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jayne Frost

10 books1,365 followers
I write about the things that move me. Music and soulmates and bad boys with as much heart as attitude. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and a killer soundtrack.

My rock star romance series— Sixth Street Bands —centers around the Austin, Texas music scene. A place I will forever consider my home.

Join my reader group on Facebook for exclusive content, giveaways, and the latest Sixth Street Bands news : http://bit.ly/2DytBKa

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
22 (1%)
1 star
7 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 236 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,709 reviews31.6k followers
5 stars

photo BBE03E5C-54B2-4855-AFFC-AFD2BF2BD9B4_zpshhgobrtv.png

You were my perfect storm

Another Sky is a story of love, growth, and healing. This was such a beautiful romance, and the writing was so lyrical and stunning. I couldn’t have loved it more.

Miles used to be a rockstar in one of the biggest bands out there. Then one crash took that all away. Along with his best friend and the woman he loved. Miles has never been the same since that day. He’s fought a deep depression and is trying to come out on the other side.

Gelsey is a promising dancer who makes a lot of sacrifices to get to where she’s at. When she meets Miles at a water therapy class, sparks fly. But not the good ones. It takes a while for these two to warm up to each other, but once they do… it’s incredible. Gelsey is exactly what Miles needs in his life and he might just be what she needs as well.
A dancer.
A dreamer.
The light to my dark.
And my sun from another sky.

Both of these characters had been through so much, especially Miles. His beautiful broken heart. He’s a damaged character for sure, but I loved watching him grow, change, and heal. Gesley also had so much growth in this story. It’s like these two found each other at the exact time they needed one another. It was perfect and so beautiful.

This book can be read as a complete stand-alone, but if you’ve read her ‘sixth street’ series, you will already know Miles and recognize some of the others that make appearances.

Jayne Frost writes some wonderful books. This is her best one to date. If you haven’t read her, you need to. If you’re looking for a book that will make you feel, make you fall in love, and speak to your soul, pick this one up. I adored it and give it 5 stars!
Profile Image for Carol [Goodreads Addict].
2,274 reviews24.7k followers
June 24, 2019
I wrote this review last night, right after finishing the book. But I wasn't happy with it. I don't feel like I properly conveyed my love of this author. But after leaving it over night and re-reading it, I'm going to leave it alone, since they were my thoughts right after the final page. Just know how amazing I think Jayne Frost is!

Another Sky is by Jayne Frost. I’m not sure if Jayne is considering this book as part of her Sixth Street Bands series or not but we have had some previous glimpses of Miles in the last book. This can definitely be read as a stand alone. You do not need to have read any of the other books. I loved Miles so much. This beautiful, broken man deserved his own happy ever after. I’m so glad that Jayne decided it was his turn to get his!

It’s been six years since the tour bus crash that took half of the hottest band in the country, Damaged. The crash took Paige and Rhenn leaving Tori and Miles to survive without them. After some pretty dark times, Miles found enough strength to move on, to pretty much exist. He wasn’t happy or unhappy, he just was. He also lived with pain from the crash. Which is what led him to that water therapy class that day. Which is what led him to Gelsey.

Gelsey Howard is a twenty two year old ballerina. Dance has been her life since she was a small child. Her mother was a ballerina but Gelsey lost her when she was young. With a father she can’t depend on, Gelsey is pretty much left to fend for herself while she continues to study under her lifelong teacher, Ivan. She does whatever she can to try to make a living, including helping her best friend out with her water therapy class. When she first saw Miles, she had no idea who he was. She doesn’t pay any attention to music other than classical and The Beatles. All she sees is a broody, beautiful man who seems to think he is entitled, that he can buy what or whoever he wants. But at the same time, she can see his pain, both physical and emotional. She can’t help but to want to help him.

“I was still here. Still breathing. Still alive. And maybe it was time for me to move on. Whatever that meant.”

origami ballerina

It seems like these two came into each other’s lives when they needed each other most. In so many ways. With Gelsey in his life, Miles finally started to wake up, to feel again, to want more. To want Gelsey. Gelsey was leaving Austin for New York in two months. So Miles would have to be happy with the time they had. And he didn’t want to waste a single minute of it.

“She wasn’t just the sun. She was the whole sky.”

sexy embrace

Along with opening your heart after having it closed off for so long, comes the risk of also having to feel again, both the good and the bad. Both the highs and the lows of life. The highs are beautiful but when the lows hit, it was harder then ever. Because he’d experienced the light. He didn’t know if he could survive the dark again.

“All great loves are complicated. That’s what makes them great.”

ballerina

This is such a beautiful story. I fell so in love with Miles. He was so lost and I loved watching him wake back up, loved seeing these two together. Not only did Gelsey help Miles, he was good for her as well. He showed her love, he gave her confidence, strength. Together they were perfection.

“Only you. Always you.”
“My body. My soul. My Forever.”

For more about this book and so many more, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Profile Image for KAS.
317 reviews3,130 followers
July 2, 2019

Jenny of “Steamy Reads Blog” .... You were SO RIGHT!!

Jenny recently wrote in her review you are missing out if you haven’t read this author. So, of course, I didn’t want to miss out.

This is why I adore Goodreads. We get to discover new authors because others passionately share their love for books and authors.

With my trusty blinders on I jumped in and couldn’t flip through the pages fast enough.

Why? Glad you asked ;) First ... It features a damaged, sexy, brooding guitarist, who melted my heart. And talk about S.W.O.O.O.O.O.O.N.

Second ... The writing is fluid and captivating. The dialogue is witty and combative. The characters are multi-layered. The chemistry is sizzling hot.

Third, and icing on the cake ... Dual POV’s!!

I am totally paying my appreciation for this book forward and encouraging you to take a chance on an author you may not be familiar with.

This is a stand alone, but I can’t wait to get to the backlist of her other rock stars!
Profile Image for ❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books.
2,113 reviews7,121 followers
July 13, 2019
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ANOTHER SKY: Is a full length romance novel by new to me author Jayne Frost. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

THE ROCK GOD AND THE ANGRY MOUSE

Cray cray love the cover ✔️
New to me author ✔️

I can’t believe I’ve never read this author before!! This book for me was utter perfection, unique, unputdownable, unpredictable, undeniably 5 easy stars. I adored this book and these two characters. It was a pull on your heart strings kind of book.

Both characters were perfectly imperfect and broken in other ways but perfect together.

Going into this I didn’t know what to expect, but straight away I was pulled into the storyline, a slow burn that quickly got its hooks into me and didn't let go, I blissfully fell in love with both these characters. I didn’t want their story to end.

This was like a true to life old fashioned romance story without all the bells and whistles that we see today within the romance genre, the angst, the drama, the author didn’t have to go down that track to pull me in. Like a true to life romance that I could see unfolding in front of me. There’s nothing I would change about this book!!

SIX YEARS AGO: Miles was a big rockstar with a band named 'Damaged' one of the biggest bands in the country but within a blink of an eye a tragic accident occurred taking the love of his life Paige and his best friend Rhenn, leaving him and Tori behind to carry on without them. Which left behind a broken shell of the man he used to be, this had a domino effect where he subsequently struggled with depression and substance abuse. No matter what I drank or swallowed, peace eluded me.

Rock God
Drummer
Hermit
Survivor

Due to the accident Miles has been suffering from constant pain in his leg Broken femur, dislocated knee cap, a spiral fracture to my tibia. which leads him to water therapy and Gelsy, an up and coming ballerina.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Twenty two year old Gelsy has dancing in her blood, it's all she knows, it's all she's ever dreamed of doing, studying under Ivan a man that pushes her to become the best that she can be.

I inhaled this, devoured it, loved it, recommend it, one click it, you won’t regret it.

This will definitely not be the last book I read by this author.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Profile Image for Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••.
987 reviews1,800 followers
July 2, 2019
No way to show my love for this book or this author!!!

If you haven't read Jayne's books, you are simply missing out on steamy romance!!! I'm not going to take your time telling you what happens or what might happen, but what I will say, this book rocked my world. The damn feels, the highs, the lows, my god I couldn't get enough. Definitely hands down recommend this one to you all. I can not get enough of Jayne's rock star world!!!! I am begging for more!!!!!!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth.
792 reviews858 followers

THEMES & TROPES: Mental Illness
RATING: ALL OF THE STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Jayne Frost's name should be known wide and far. Her extraordinary talent for writing deeply emotional stories, that stay with you for a long time, always gets me like a visceral sucker punch and every time I experience one of her stories I fall in love with the characters. Miles and Gelsey are no different.

And she was mine.

If you know this author and thought DOWN TO YOU was her best book, prepare for ANOTHER SKY. I'm not saying it's better, it isn't. But that's because Logan and Tori hold a special place in my heart and it's hard to live up to them. But you know what? Gelsey and Miles did. I adored Gelsey's pure heart and innocence. The way she looked at the world, wide-eyed, open although she wasn't a stranger to disappointment and setbacks.

Miles couldn't have asked for a better partner in life. After the tour bus accident we learned about in the Sixth Street Bands series, when he lost his love Paige and best friend Rhenn, Miles stopped living and fell into an uneasy existence. He battles demons that go beyond this accident, and my heart ached for both of them when things tumbled out of control. I loved that he ultimately realized that giving up isn't an option if he wanted to live a full life with Gelsey at his side.
“You are my mirror. And through your eyes, I see the me I wish I was.”

If you missed Taryn from LOST FOR YOU you get the chance to catch up with her a little. I adored Miles and Taryn's friendship, how much love there was between them. We get some hilarious scenes with Daryl, a bodyguard forced on Miles by Tori - their snarky exchanges were my favorite thing and I kind of think that this is a bromance in the making. And then there is Ivan, Gelsey's mentor, who is the only father figure she ever really had in her life. He seems so stern, hard and unrelenting but he has a buttery-soft spot for Gelsey. I loved him almost as much as the two leads.

The single most important theme in Ms. Frost's stories is music. It's so present that it seems like its a separate character. This time ballet dance joins in and I loved reading about Gelsey's practices and performances.

This story isn't dark. It gives you as the audience hope with its light, beautiful moments. ANOTHER SKY is like life - it shows you that everyone - rich or poor, famous or not - has their burden to carry but that there is always hope. Wrapped in Jayne Frost's gorgeous, descriptive writing this story will make you smile, swoon and sniffle a little. She gets me every time. Every. Time.
Home wasn’t a place on the map. Not anymore. Home was lavender-scented linen and blue eyes and promise. And joy. So much joy.

Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
5 STARS

Tell me something no one else knows about you,” she said, her voice a soft whisper.
I thought of all the things I kept hidden. Dark thoughts. And darker intentions. The lure of nothingness. And the fear that one day the clouds would return and block the sun forever.
Tightening my grip, I let her warmth seep through me. “I like ballet.”

My heart right now.

My.
Whole.
HEART.

This book. I have no words for what I just experienced. NONE. It was magical, heart wrenching, emotional and completely unforgettable.

If you think this is just another rockstar book, thing again. Miles is also not your stereotypical damaged rockstar. The depth of his character is unlike anything I've read in a really long time. This is a man that experienced the ultimate heart break and never really recovered. He's broken and he doesn't want to be fixed. His scars run so deep that not even those closest to him know the depth of his pain. For the past six years, he's been existing. Living but not quite alive. Shattered. Lost. Not letting anyone close enough to the dark crevices of his soul long enough to shine light on them. Especially not a woman.

Gelsey is a beautiful ballerina eight years his junior and completely unexpected. All she's ever wanted to do was be a dancer like her mother. Working through debilitating pain and unrealistically high expectations of her mother's fame are her reality. Water therapy is how she's able to make it through, and it's also how she meets the grumpy and standoffish rockstar, not even knowing who he is.

A struggling ballerina down to her last dollar, a rich rockstar buried in his own pain, an offer that she can't refuse, and a chemistry that can't be denied set the pace of this story. And it was PHENOMENAL.
You were my perfect storm

This was one of the most gripping and memorable romances I've ever experienced. And I do mean EXPERIENCE. The slow burn turns into incendiary chemistry that turns to undeniable love. What I loved is how the author manages to build a love story that doesn't diminish the love that Miles lost. She's able to build on top of it and create one of the most touching love stories.

I loved watching Miles unravel his layers with every new chapter and let Gelsey in. I loved Gelsey's sweet naiveté and watching her come into her own under Miles's wing. I loved how they brought each other's broken pieces together. I loved how they balanced each other out. But more than that, I loved the incredibly emotional and poignant story of Miles's past and present. This is one character that's impossible not to fall completely head over heels for. The romance one that's impossible not to root for. And a story that's impossible to put down.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Profile Image for Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦.
662 reviews2,396 followers
IT'S LIVE! 1-CLICK HERE!
___________
A lonely ballerina meets a damaged brooding rockstar. If you like angsty, beautifully written romances, this one's for you! It's gonna hit you right in the feels! 😉

Jayne Frost's writing is da bomb. Just trust me. 😂 Clickity-click!

Profile Image for Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦.
293 reviews465 followers
June 25, 2019

"LIGHTNING ON MY SKIN
THUNDER IN MY SOUL
HEAVY ON MY HEART
YOU WERE MY PERFECT STORM"

Another Sky is a spin-off of Jayne Frost’s Sixth Street Band series and I have been waiting with anticipation for this story to come to life . Ever since Jayne announced Miles’ book, I was so excited, anxious and intrigued for what was to come, and I was not disappointed as this story was beyond amazing. I believe it is Jayne’s best work yet and that is saying a lot because I love everything she produces. Another Sky drew me in from the very first line and kept me completely addicted until the very last word was read. Jayne has crafted the perfect story with thoughtfulness, depth and knowledge. I know this is one story I will remember for many years to come as it stands out as one epic masterpiece that everyone should read.

I have always maintained that Logan is my hero of choice, well that was until Miles entered my life. I don’t think it is possible for me to love this beautifully broken man any more than I do. His pain and suffering was positively gut-wrenching. Though I cried for him repeatedly, I tried with all my heart to keep my positivity up, for the sake of Miles, as I truly believed whilst reading about him that where suffering lies, there is still hope.

“Gelsey might gift me with a dozen sunrises, but in the end, she’d leave me in the dark.”

Gelsey was the absolute sweetest and someone I connected with instantly. Although she was somewhat timid and innocent, she was also a very driven and determined individual. Her dedication to ballet really showcased what an inspiration Gelsey was, even though, she too had been through an immense amount of pain and suffering. Her adversity hadn’t diminished her thriving spirit. Gelsey was the light to Miles darkness and the hope to his despair.

Although they may appear as different as night and day, they were the perfect match for each other, perhaps their missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle in order to be complete. They were both what each other needed at the right time, without them even realizing it. The thing I loved most about Gelsey and Miles’ relationship was the multitude of layers that were discovered when each one was pulled back and exposed, and the consequent level of growth and development between the two (especially Miles). Both had been through so much in their lives and it was a joy to be a part of the healing process. They were incredibly beautiful, and their relationship as a whole was exciting, moving and inspiring.

Jayne’s writing throughout this story was nothing short of flawless and poetic. As I read each beautiful word that was portrayed, I really felt them deeply within. I truly believe this is not only one of my favourite books for 2019, but one of my favourite books ever. I could gush for hours about my love for Miles, Gelsey and Another Sky, but everyone needs to read this phenomenal piece of literature because you are sure to feel this story deep down to your very core. This is one epic masterpiece that deserves to be read the world over.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Malene.
1,171 reviews500 followers
July 1, 2019
**3.5 stars**
Another Sky was a great friends to lovers romance that tackled sensitive topics such as depression and suicide.
I really enjoyed Gelsey and Miles’ blossoming friendship. It was a work in progress and I really liked that. Also Miles’ struggle with depression and guilt over what transpired 6 years prior to meeting Gelsey was something that kept me glued to the pages. Especially when Gelsey was there for him through the thunderstorms where Miles was hurting the most was beautiful writing.
For me the story lost its flow and fizzled out around the 70% mark and at that point I was waiting for the conflict to happen. The conflict was resolved in a way that showed how much they both have grown and come to matter to one another.
All in all a great story with impeccable writing.

3.5 My Sun My Everything Stars
Profile Image for Dali.
1,748 reviews433 followers
June 24, 2019
Jayne Frost’s latest addition to her rocker romances is a sultry, intensely emotional story about a broken rock star and the woman who brought light to his stormy sky.

For the past six years Miles Cooper, drummer of the famed rock band Damaged, has been merely existing. After a tragic accident took the lives of his best friend and lead singer, and the love of his life and guitarist, Miles’ life has been plagued with emotional turmoil and physical pain. After a reunion concert with his remaining bandmate, Miles decides it’s time to come out of the shadows. But for that, he needs to work on his injured leg.

Gelsey Howard grew up sheltered within the ballet world. Her only dream is life is to be half as good as her deceased mother. But being on her own sometimes requires she take odd jobs like helping in a water therapy class, one which has been overrun by paparazzi and zealous fans who want to take a peek at the rock star who had been recently living in obscurity.

Going to rehab at a local YMCA probes to be difficult for Miles due to his fame however, convincing the Gelsey, the only woman in the world who doesn’t know who he is, probes almost as impossible. Once within his reach though, Gelsey not only helps him with his physical therapy but also helps sooth his soul. As the two get to know one another, the attraction that was only an ember turns into an all-consuming inferno. But their time together has an expiration date. Gelsey has been offered a position in the New York Ballet Academy. Can the fish and the bird find a way to coexist?

With Miles, Frost creates a heartbreakingly real and captivating character, a person who has kept his state of mind a secret from everyone he loves and his heart protected to prevent it from breaking again. He’s a smoking hot hero with a heart of gold ready to hand it over along with his mind, body and soul to the woman who’s helped him feel whole again. Who wouldn’t want to be wooed by this hard on the outside and irresistibly squee worthy on the inside hero? I just loved the beautiful origami creations he made for Gelsey, some more meaningful than others.
“She wasn’t just the sun. She was the whole sky.”

With this story Frost expertly blends heartfelt emotion with explosive chemistry, layering in Miles and Gelsey’s growing affection, attraction and connection with a lovely ballet backdrop and the beautiful writing cadence of a poet. I was entranced and absolutely satisfied when I finally put it down.

Another Sky is a standalone rock romance by Jayne Frost. It is a deliciously heartfelt romantic escape told from both points of view, and has a beautiful happy ending. No cliffhanger.

My super quick review/recap:
➵ Hero: 5
➵ Heroine: 5
➵ Sexiness: 5
➵ Feels: 5++
➵ Plot: 5
➵ Overall rating: 5

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Stalk me on FaceBook * Instagram * More reviews
Profile Image for Christie«SHBBblogger».
951 reviews1,223 followers

Title: Another Sky
Series: Standalone
Author: Jayne Frost
Release date: June 25, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: contemporary romance

Some books have an extra something special, and you can feel the care that was put into crafting them. Another Sky was one of those books, a labor of love from beginning to end. The characters are not perfect, they're human in their insecurities, fears, and weaknesses. They are all the more realistic for it. I was not a spectator to Miles and Gelsey's life, I was brought up close and personal. Hurting for their heartache, and rooting for their happy ending.

Miles was once on top of the music world as the drummer of Damaged. They had three hit albums under their belt that brought them to the pinnacle of success. Then on one stormy night, his best friend and the woman he loved were suddenly taken from him. Life as he knew it splintered, never to be the same again. His band, his music were once the center of everything, but the injuries he sustained in the accident took that away from him too. Six years later, the physical and emotional strain still have a grip on him. He's been through a gamut of emotions: grief, depression, anger, and hopelessness. In the back of his mind, he fears that the fragile hold he has over his mental health will not last. That the dark spiral he survived in the past will consume him again. Why allow anyone close when all he will do is hurt them in the end?

There was only me. Because Reber was right about one thing: I’d pushed everyone else away. Tori. Taryn. All my other friends. Even my mama. Not that she’d minded.

His isolated life is about to be disrupted when Gelsey is assigned to assist him with his physical therapy. Miles is rude during their first meeting, and she doesn't give him a pass because of his fame. Unlike the adoring fans who still get a rush just to get a glimpse of him, she has no idea who he is and is far from impressed. She has her own problems to worry about, the last thing she needs is a bitter ex-rockstar throwing her attitude. So when he offers her a job that could be the solution to her financial difficulties, she refuses to give him the satisfaction and turns him down cold.

Gelsey is a ballerina who has been given the opportunity of a lifetime. To live in New York and train at a prestigious dance school she's been invited to would be a dream come true. She's always been advanced for her age, despite having a permanent back impairment that makes her rigorous training even more challenging. Her father is a scumbag who isn't there for her, in fact, he makes her life even harder by being in it. Suddenly she's homeless, her car is falling apart, and she has no way to pay what's required if she's to go to New York. So she swallows her pride and finally accepts Miles' job offer at his home. After all, she has no one to depend on but herself, if she doesn't take action everything she's worked so hard for will slip through her fingers just when it was almost in her grasp.

Miles has achieved success, Gelsey is on the cusp of reaching hers. She's filled with hope and dreams, his have been crushed into cynicism. Even at Miles' broodiest, he always steps in to help when she's in crisis. Offering her a job and a safe place to stay, use of one of his cars, and moral support. His attraction and respect grow for this tiny slip of a woman who is destined to be a star. But is she just a shooting star, passing his dark sky in a blaze of light and beauty?

One of the things that I loved the most about this book was the fact that we really got to go in depth with Gelsey's dance life. It wasn't just a token prop to make her character appear more interesting, heard but never seen. We're shown her complex relationship with her mentor, her brutal practices and their effect on her body, and her interactions and conflicts with the other dancers. You really get an idea of the sacrifices and challenges a dancer faces. Her career was given the same attention and significance as the hero's which is how it should be. Her talent and the all-consuming passion she had for dance was a beautiful thing to see. But seeing her through Miles' eyes was even more so.

Long moments passed with nothing but the feel of Gelsey in my arms. The smell of her hair, and the rise and fall of her chest. I feared she might fly away if I released her. Because she could. I’d seen her. And I knew I’d never separate the girl from the dance again. Not after tonight.

Even though this is a complete standalone, if you've read the Sixth Street Bands series, your reading experience will be a little more enriched starting this one. Some of the connected characters make an appearance and you'll be very happy to get some extra time with them. If you're new to Jayne's books, you won't have any issues at all with the history of the group or the individuals. She does a fantastic job easing you in without slowing down the pace. I highly recommend this book if you're looking for an emotional story with plenty of heart. I love this author's eloquent writing style, and really look forward to reading more from her in the future!

Nine kisses. Nine whispered vows. Nine tiny pieces of my heart that were now his forever.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterBlogEmailGoodreadsPinterestFacebook

Profile Image for Myla.
608 reviews101 followers
June 28, 2019

Miles Cooper has been recluse for the past six years since that tragic accident that claimed the life of the two important people in his life. But the times have come for him to face life and everything changes when he met Gelsey.

Gelsey Howard a ballet protege who dream of performing to the well renowned New York City Ballet Co. She's very disciplined in perfecting her performances. But life isn't easy for her. Gelsey endures life-changing, heartbreaking situations that form her. The death of her mom due to cancer and the abandonment of her father. She really has to fend for herself. That's why she agreed to help Miles in his recovery and be his therapist. And the pay is good, way too good to pass.

Another Sky is a novel about relying on your own strength within. I really felt sorry for Gelsey at times, but happy and excited for her too particularly when she did great in one of her performances. Miles, on the other hand, maybe a brooding man but you'll see how thoughtful, chivalrous even, as the story progress. They may not particularly like one another at first but things can change, right?

I absolutely enjoyed this book. It's everything I want in a contemporary romance - heartwarming, heartbreaking, lyrical and uplifting. It was beautifully written. No skimming over sections in this book. I devoured every single word. Main characters are easy to get to know and the story draws you in from the start! It's a great read, and hard to put down. I look forward to more from this author! Read this Book!

Note: ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
July 14, 2019
4 ⭐'s

“Tell me something no one else knows.”

This book is set in the Sixth Street Band "world" if you will so you don't exactly need to read that series to read this book. However, I will say that you will enjoy it more if you do.

Miles is a drummer for another band that tragedy struck several years ago forever changing his world. It didn't help that there are some other problems and he's been trying to keep his head above water ever since.

He runs into Gelsey at a doctor's office where he's trying to "handle" the pain from the aftermath of the above said tragedy. He's not very nice to Gelsey and she basically wants nothing to do with him. Fortunately, fate has other ideas.

She has some needs and he has some ways so merry the two will meet. At this point, I will say that I wish we would have gotten a deeper perspective from Miles' POV. I wanted to know more of what he was thinking about a few things NOT more stuff for him to think about.

So, the usual circumstances - more time together = getting together + all the good stuff. Sounds like a great formula but like I said there are too many other things.

Gelsey really tries to have everything but she can't give Miles what he doesn't want so he shoves her away. Thankfully, he can't keep her away for long.

I enjoyed having some of the other characters from the Sixth Street Band series in the story. Again, I just felt it just touched the surface because there were too many other things going on.

I did love when they were texting pictures to each other and how that culminated towards the ending. It was so sweet. The ending is also very sweet. I was happy with how they were able to make things work.
Profile Image for Tpagirl Loves Romance.
1,570 reviews122 followers
July 7, 2019
Another Sky was a stand-alone by Jayne Frost. Although it wasn’t part of her Sixth Street Band series, it was closely associated with the series. I can genuinely say I have loved all of Frosts books to date, and Another Sky was no exception.

Miles Cooper was one of two surviving members of the wildly successful band, Damaged. He lost his best friend - the lead singer, and the love of his life - the lead guitarist. Six years later and he still hadn’t recovered or even remotely moved on.

Gelsey Howard was a ballet dancer. Dancing was her life, and her mom’s life before her. Her mom died of cancer when she was eleven and her father had ultimately spiraled out of control, leaving Gelsey primarily alone.

Frost took us through their initial meeting and follow up interactions to where they ultimately became friends, then more. It was a long journey of healing, freedom from anger and learning not to just exist but to live.

I loved both Miles and Gelsey. Miles was so broken, but not really, just filled with a lot of pain and guilt and the never ending grieving. And Gelsey had her own issues, different but similar. I loved the friendship first and the protectiveness. They just fit.

Frost also graced us with some favorites from the Sixth Street Band series as well. And a new character, Blake. He has a story to tell so hopefully we’ll get him next. Based on what we know so far from Blake and true to form from Foster, I would expect the same level of roller coaster emotions with a little snark and humor that has graced Frosts books to date. Regardless of what’s in store, I’m all in for where Frost takes us next.
Profile Image for Christine (Shh Moms Reading).
1,294 reviews539 followers
July 7, 2019
Jayne Frost is a new-to-me author and I was blown away by this book. Both characters with such deep pain—physical and mental—find one another and grow together through love and healing. I was touched by the emotions and the journey. I completely loved Gelsey—her light and goodness just emitted from the pages. The push and pull between the characters and their affection for each other really shined through and I found myself smiling and crying because of how lifelike and real they felt to me. Miles' struggle with depression made my heart ache for him but the journey to finding each other again was so beautifully done, so emotional, so poetic... it was complete PERFECTION.

Jayne Frost is a new favorite and I need to go back to her other books because I don't want to miss a word that she writes... she is completely amazing and one you don't want to miss. <3
Profile Image for Jennifer .
696 reviews3 followers
June 26, 2019
Jayne's books always haunt me. No, not in a bad way. It's just that long after I've read the words, the story remains with me. When you read as much as I do, I don't always remember storylines or characters. Logan and Miles stories I will remember forever. Each for their own reason. Both stories touched me. Both good men with too much pain. Without giving away more... I'll just say, Miles...you were so worth the wait.
Profile Image for Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic .
930 reviews69 followers
June 22, 2019
If you've read the Sixth Street Band series then you're fully aware of the emotional journey Jayne will take you on and if not, then prepare yourself for one read that will drain your emotions and leave you breathless from beginning to end. Miles and Gelsey were absolute perfection. Their story was heart-wrenching, gripping and powerful. The storyline was definitely one that hit close to home but portrayed a message of hope, of life and to never give up no matter how hard things look. This is a read that stole my breath away.!
Profile Image for Alina.
391 reviews63 followers
June 28, 2019
This book did not start on the best note IMO.
Having a hero talk about a dead ex is one thing but then having an escort who was only supposed to be a companion and not someone you sleep with and then you do sleep with said escort and then dump her when she has feelings Isn't a better way to start the book.

The heroine however is actually pretty strong, she works damn hard to get what she wants and she actually tells off the hero when he is being an asshole.

The heroine is a virgin so it does follow the manwhore- virgin trope. I am not going to lie when they separated I felt emotional for some reason and the way they handled their separation was pretty good. Both were upset and neither moved on but her personal life did not interfere with her work life, which was awesome.

There was a nice epilogue too!! So points for that.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Einav.
113 reviews25 followers
May 21, 2020
The writing was beautiful and the story had potential! It had a promise begining! But the author rushed things up. And the tension was gone. 😞😞😞
Profile Image for Veronica Bellaorev Books.
497 reviews76 followers
June 25, 2019

“𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚.” 𝘼𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙚, 𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚. “𝙔𝙤𝙪’𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣.”

Another Sky is my first read by Jayne Frost. A wonderful, beautiful and sexy love story. One with a devastatingly handsome but broken rock star and mesmerizing, beautiful and delicate ballerina. This is a story of second chances, self discover, self love, hope and off course LOVE.

There’s both tragedy and joy, heartache and love in this story.

“𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚. 𝘼 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙚.”

Miles Cooper is the drummer from the band Damaged. He is a famous rock star. Gorgeous, sexy, talented but also damaged. Tragedy has strike his life making it hard to just keep up with it. This was until a beautiful young woman brought the light and sun to his darkness.

“𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣’𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮.”

Gelsey Howard it’s a very young and talented ballerina. She has dedicated all her life to be as magnificent of a ballerina as her mother. She is dedicated and has a strong will. Has work all her life to achieve greatness in this industry but sometimes those dreams are hard to conquer.

Miles helps her achieve her dream while he conquers his demons. From that friendship blooms the most beautiful love. Unexpected, intriguing, breathtaking love. One that chase the storms away and brings the sun light.

The love scenes were raw and intensely passionate. All consuming. The type that takes your breath away and make you fan your face at the same time. It was definitely the perfect book to start my Frost journey. Can’t wait to read more of her books.

**** I voluntarily read and review an advance copy of this book.
Profile Image for Anne Z..
554 reviews32 followers
June 23, 2019
Yet another great book by the fabulous Jayne Frost! I am so very glad I got introduced to her work last year, every single one of her books is better than the last. It has been a wonderful journey going back and reading her first book in the series and now the last and seeing how much her writing has changed/progressed since than. To say I have fallen in love with her work is an understatement.
So, with that in mind, lets chat Another Sky :)

I did not think anything could top Logan's book, Down to You. And although Down to You is still my favorite and Logan is still my man he does have competition. Miles was an absolutely amazing character. His brokenness and pain had me in tears in the very first pages. I shared on my Instagram that her books should came with a warning: "proceed with care, this may induce pain" and oh boy it does... there is so much heartache and pain it is hard to keep the tears from rolling. He was also adorable, the kind of man you want to introduce to your family and friends with pride.

Gelsey was a sweetheart. A perfect mix of innocence and determination. She also has a less than happy past and my heart broke for her a little too. Her commitment to her dance through the adversities life threw at her was admirable. Innocence and weakness are not the same thing and she is the perfect example of that.

Where Miles is consumed by darkness, Gelsey is all about hope. They completed each other perfectly and it was easy to see how a relationship so intense developed between them.

And last but not least let's talk about Jayne's writing... wow! I think this was by far the most beautiful and poetically written of her books. It was so easy to get absorbed into the story and it often felt like reading one of those songs were you have to stop everything you are doing because it touches so deep into your soul. AMAZING
Profile Image for Jennifer.
145 reviews11 followers
June 30, 2019
Jayne Frost has written a book that I could not help but fall in love with. It tackles a subject that not just any author can write with such realistic thoughts. I know this for a fact, because I’ve been where Miles has been.

If you enjoy a beautifully broken hero, and the truly gorgeous, inside and out, heroine that deserves his love, this book is for you.

If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would. I will settle for writing this review, and recommending it everyone I know.
Profile Image for Karen Cimms.
Author 10 books401 followers
June 22, 2019
Jayne Frost's ANOTHER SKY was so delicious, I devoured it in just one day.
Beautifully written with well-drawn characters, this book elicited all the feels. Gelsey and Miles might just become my favorite couple, and I'm certain that this book is a contender for one of my top 10 favorite reads of the year. I highly, highly recommend it.
ANOTHER SKY is Jayne Frost at her absolute best.
1,439 reviews57 followers
June 26, 2019
What an incredible book! All the fear, anger, angst and passion in one incredible book! I LOVED every bit of it!!! Awesome job!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 236 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.