Start by marking “Monster Factory (Milo Jenkins: Monster Hunter Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Monster Factory (Milo Jenkins: Monster Hunter Book 1)

Monster Factory (Milo Jenkins: Monster Hunter Book 1)

The children of Cripple Creek have been kidnapped!

When school buses loaded with kids go missing, the Ministry of Monsters (MOM) send their top agents, thirteen-year-old monster hunter Milo Jenkins and his ghostly sidekick, Ruby, to investigate.

Armed with magical tools of the trade and the latest in futuristic gadgets, Milo and Ruby find themselves up against an evil maste
Published November 8th 2018 by Ministry of Monsters Press

To ask other readers questions about Monster Factory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Factory

Margo James
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great idea of a school for children and teenagers to learn about and how to hunt monsters. Thanks to J.K. Rowling and Rick Riorden more and more stories are staring teenagers. It is heartening to know that more youngsters are given credit for the good they can do, rather than just gang activity and dropping out of school. It is so important that books like these are able to let kids see parts of themselves in the heros of the story. Milo not only fights monsters but also has a very strong ...more
Napoleon Dynamite
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Monster Factory is a wonderful and entertaining read, I enjoyed every page and it left me wanting more. I found that the pace of the book was very good and that it was very cleverly written. I personally liked all the detail the author put into some of the more dramatic scenes and even the scenes that weren't action packed, all were beautifully painted in my imagination. This book is a perfect example of a fresh idea that is bound to totally take off. As long as Patrick Mcnulty keeps writing ill ...more
Georgia James
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Monster Factory is a fun read full of action and humor that is sure to entertain and keep readers turning the page to find out what happens next. The story had interesting characters that showcase the amazing things that children are capable of and encourage children to believe in themselves and that they can be the hero in their own story. I loved the gadgets the magic and the humor. I will definitely be recommending this book and can hardly wait for the next one in the series!
Bruce
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant Scientist working in a Top Secret weapons facility and his young daughter are kidnapped, and school buses filled with children begin disappearing without a trace. When word reaches the Wychwood Academy and the Ministry of Monsters (MOM) the Dean pits 13-year-old Monster Hunter Milo Jenkins and his partner Ruby Sinclair against the evil forces of a Wendigo named Darius Radish.
Monster Factory is a well-written story, with a plausible plot, some humor, a little magic, some action, just
C. McIntosh
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun story. There is tension, engagement and a puzzle as to how Milo is going to solve the problem. I enjoyed it. There is creativity and invention-galore. A good story. I recommend it to anyone wanting to go on a Monster Hunt.
Julie A. Polinski
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. I thought I'd read a little each night before I into sleep. The next thing I knew it was 1 A.m. It's a well written book. Keeps the reader captivated.
Nicole Burns
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book. Was an awesome read
M. A.
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This middle grade book is perfect! It has everything young kids like to read. It's clean and action packed!
Jessica Renwick
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the world McNulty has created here. It's like a cross between Goosebumps and SpyKids. Great action and really fun characters and monsters. I can't wait to read more in the series and share these with my nieces!
Melissa (missy)
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read
Barbara
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can one teenager defeat an evil mastermind? Read the book to find out (it can be done in a day). I read an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Chris Wells
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book, which I suppose it aimed at an audience a bit younger than me (OK a LOT younger!) as I hoped to find something that might interest my children. What I found was not only that but a book I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I wish there had been more like this when I was growing up as I might have read more. It's a great world the author has set his story in and it has everything young (and older) readers will love such as humour, excitement and adventure. Oh and a ghost too of course! ...more
Danielle Jones
Oct 28, 2018
Mark Or
Oct 25, 2018
Chelle
Dec 09, 2018
Patrick McNulty
Oct 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Catherine Medal
Angela
Dec 13, 2018
Cheryl Carnright
Dec 13, 2018
Patrick McNulty was born in Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada. He married his high school sweetheart straight out of high school and then went on to university where he studied Neuroscience. After finding that he would rather write about strange behaviours of the brain than study them he left Ontario for British Columbia where he studied screenwriting and ended up working with the production company ...more