Start by marking “Firefly #1” as Want to Read:
Firefly #1

Firefly #1

(Firefly #1)

From Joss Whedon (the visionary creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), buried histories and secret identities are revealed, along with all the heist-takin', authority-dodgin', death-defyin' space-cowboyin' you've been missing from your life, as this ragtag crew of mercenaries, outlaws, and fugitives travel the stars in search of their next adventure in these sequels to the ...more
Published November 14th 2018 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Firefly #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firefly #1

Start your review of Firefly #1
RG
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didnt expect to like this as much as I did. Its like a continuation of the show. Even feels like an episode. Defintely reccomend for fans
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
If you're anything like me, you loved the Firefly television series and cried when it was cancelled after one season. Fear not! Greg Pak and Boom! have brought it back to life.

The first issue transported me back to the Serenity, and took me on another adventure with Mal and the crew. They've landed themselves in hot water, but that's nothing new! I enjoy seeing how they get themselves out of endless bad situations.

Wash and Zoe are as adorable has ever! I laughed when Wash was playing with dinosa
Ming Wei
Great start to the comic series, fans of serenity/firefly will be very happy with this, drama straight away as serenity is on fire, due to a sub-quality part, due to a cash problem after jayne blew 15 platinium at a gaming table, sets the tone of firefly perfectly....... can't wait for the following comics in the series.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
I can’t believe Firefly is back! Okay, I actually totally can believe it, but you know what I mean. I’ve read every graphic novel series that has come out and it never quite feels like enough. But then again, that’s usually the case when a show gets cancelled after one season (I always fall in love with the shows that don’t get renewed, I swear).
There are a few constants about this series, many of which lend to the personality that shines so brightly through in this series. One is that Firefl
Shannon
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mandy
Firefly is an incredible story, and fans across the 'Verse understand the torture that is only one season of such an amazing television show. So any opportunity to dive back into that world and have adventures alongside Mal, Wash, Jane and the rest is one a true Browncoat just can't miss.

This new Firefly series is just such an opportunity, and allows fans (new and old alike) to meet old friends and make some new ones while enjoying new creative talents that are putting their own (Joss Wedon app
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, tv_tie-in
OK, this actually really surprised me. I've been reading the Firefly comics since day one and not one of them has really captured the show. Until now! This takes us back into the series, before the movie, thankfully, and is telling a whole new story about the Unification War. The writing is spot on, the art, it's interesting and dynamic, and I'm actually looking forward to the next issue.
WyrmbergSabrina
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
And instantly we're back with Firefly.
A good setup, Mal haunted by the war and the snippyness of the crew are all here. A new world to learn about in the 'verse and secrets of the past to be found out.
Bring it on.
Ryan Parker
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I forgot how much fun this universe is. Great first issue for this new series, with fantastic art and colors. Really captured the feel of the characters and the show. Looking forward to more of this!
Kat
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, comic-books
Shiny
Amber
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sold from page 1, this comic keeps the spirit of the show, and promises to tell us more about how Mal and Zoë met!
Milan Pohl
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nová komiksová série Firefly, publikovaná mladým vydavatelstvím Boom Studios (patřícím přímo Foxu), má za sebou první čtyřdílný příběhový úsek, a je tedy nejvyšší čas podívat se jí na zoubek. Komiks se odehrává mezi seriálem a filmem (po epizodě Objects in Space), což na jednu stranu znamená, že v něm vystupují všichni naši oblíbení hrdinové, na druhou stranu to s sebou přináší jistá omezení, protože zkrátka a dobře víme, "jak to bylo dál" - nejen díky filmu Serenity, ale i díky dřívějším komiks ...more
Shakira
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, comics-read
This is fun! I read it on my phone using hoopla. The images were so crisp. I really liked the story and artwork. I'm going to catch up with the rest on hoopla and decide if I want this in my pull list.
Bonnie Jennings
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
I love firefly. A series that was much too short. So I've watched the series, the movie, and I'm reading the books. Now the graphic novels. I'll take it any way I can get it.
Shoshana Frank
Loved loved loved this addition to the Firefly universe. I cannot wait to explore more about Mal and Zoe’s Browncoat past!
Paul Young
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story and characterization were great and I see a ton of potential with this title. I'm not as high on the art
Jenna
Not a big fan of the drawing style (characters seem a bit static and chunkily proportioned) but it does read like another episode of Firefly, with entertaining dialogue and interactions that feel true to the series. The quick flashbacks thus far are too brief to really give us much, but looking forward to more!
Pam
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short graphic novel (better read as paperback than ebook!) with the crew of Firefly. I never did watch the series, but I did see the movie. This has a good plot, and I enjoyed seeing the characters in action again.
Brandon Kinsey

• Die #1
  • Books of Magic (2018-) #4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7
  • Angel #2
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Ronin Island" and "Firefly" for BOOM and “Star Wars: Darth Vader" and "Atlantis Attacks" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “M ...more

Firefly (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Firefly #2