Start by marking “Tales from The Lake Vol.5: The Horror Anthology” as Want to Read:
Tales from The Lake Vol.5: The Horror Anthology

Tales from The Lake Vol.5: The Horror Anthology

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

The Legend Continues…

In the spirit of popular Dark Fiction and Horror anthologies such as Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories and Behold: Oddities, Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders, and the best of Stephen King’s short fiction, comes the Tales from The Lake anthologies.

This 5th volume includes:

“Always After Three” by Gemma Files - A young couple discovers that in a downto
Published November 2nd 2018 by Crystal Lake Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tales from The Lake Vol.5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from The Lake Vol.5

November Is Nyarlathotep
Whenever a new Anthology from Crystal Lake Publishing appears, I approach it with an air of anticipation and enthusiasm: what will I find in these new pages? This volume, volume 5, is edited by Kenneth Cain, one of the as yet unsung heroes of dark horror fiction--an author in his own right who deserves much more attention and spotlighting.

I also need to remind myself not to read these tales alone at night. The selected authors are too excellent to miss, but each tale is guaranteed to bring eithe
A.E.
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Review copy received from publisher in exchange for an honest review.***

Crystal Lake Publishing is set to publish its most recent Tales from the Lake anthology this coming Friday, now up to Volume Number 5, and this one has some seriously fantastic offerings.

“From the Mouths of Plague-Mongers” by Stephanie M. Wytovich marks an emphatic, strong, and memorable way to open the anthology, and an unconventional choice given that it's a poem.

“Umbilicus” by Lucy Taylor presented a story that, at the
Dan Allen
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tales From The Lake Vol 5 doesn’t disappoint!

Tales From The Lake Vol 5 delivers one riveting story after another. What scares me most? People. Perhaps tricked by devils, influenced by drugs or cursed objects, even driven mad by climate change, in the end we are the monsters. Sure, demons both real and imagined are pulling the strings but it is wives who kill husbands, fathers slaughtering their own children, and sisters murdering their siblings that makes this anthology unique.
The editor wastes
Noelle Kelly
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with all of Crystal Lake Publishing anthologies, I thought this was a brilliantly selected collection of terrifying tales.

Kenneth W. Cain did an excellent job of weaving the stories together and they flow from one to another leaving the reader on a journey of terror and entertainment.

There are tales of deadly deals, psychological horror, murderous parents, end of the line hotels and crazy farmers mixed with stories of post-apocalyptic eras seamlessly, which is no mean feat.

I never knew where
Debbi Smith
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another totally fantastic addition to the Tales From the Lake series. Each one keeps getting better.
My personal favorite was the mermaid tale "A Dream Ancient and Dark".
Highly recommended. I'm now eagerly awaiting Volume 6.
Michael J.

Over the years I’ve read enough anthologies, short story collections and fiction magazines to refine my expectations for what comprises a premium horror story. So when I declare that I thoroughly enjoyed two-thirds of the fiction in TALES FROM THE LAKE VOLUME 5 - - that says a lot about the high quality of the contents. Sixteen of the twenty-two stories and three poems in this volume met or exceeded my expectations. Seven of them I consider well above standards and worthy of re-reading. Of thos
H. J.
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of the Tales From The Lake anthology since the first volume and it's amazing to see how much it has evolved over the years. Volume 5 is quite possibly the best yet. I loved both the stories and the poems. As always, there's something for everyone, from zombies, to deals with unnatural beings, to mental illness—and everything in between.

The stories are unsettling, entertaining and surprising with their twists and turns. Some, in spite of their subject matter, are quite lyrical and
Renee Young Decamillis
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology from Crystal Lake Publishing is by far the best volume yet in the Tales from the Lake series! Every story within its pages is a winner. Yes, there are some works I like more than others, but there was not one story in this collection that I did not enjoy. I recommend this read for all who love horror, as well as for those readers who may still be on the fence about this genre. There are works in here that will not only make you cringe, but also make you cry.

If you want horror wit
Amy
Jenn
Nov 12, 2018
Kenneth Cain
Oct 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Oct 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Terry Weyna
Nov 04, 2018
Robert Ullrich
Zoe
Andi Rawson
Nov 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Allison Pang
Nov 05, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
L.A. Story
Nov 10, 2018
Pat Winter
Nov 13, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Please add me as editor 3 18 Oct 25, 2018 02:30AM
Kenneth W. Cain first got the itch for storytelling during his formative years in the suburbs of Chicago, where he got to listen to his grandfather spin tales by the glow of a barrel fire. But it was a reading of Baba Yaga that grew his desire for dark fiction. Shows like The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and One Step Beyond furthered that sense of wonder for the unkn ...more