Start by marking “The One & Only (The One Love Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The One & Only  (The One Love Series, #1)

The One & Only

(The One Love #1)

Two New York editors learn that their office feud and love-hate feelings could be the perfect way to find the love that they both have been looking for—that is, if they don’t kill each other first.

Published by Maria La Serra (first published March 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The One & Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One & Only

My Pink Fairytales
Have you seen the movie

Well, this book is very similar to that. You have the main characters being dating columnists for a NY magazine, forced to work together on a new project and their hate-to-love relationship.
Staci is the one doing the hate part and Greg is just busy falling in love with her.

Now, my 3⭐ rating comes because of the lack of originality plot wise (see the movie reference), because the heroine’s reasons for hating the hero are childish, the drama part right before the ending is l
Alison
DNF at 27%.

First, let me say that I am having a really off time with books. I have 54 books on my Kindle and I don't want to read any of them, so this may not be all the book's fault.

This is a classic tale of rivalry, Staci Cortés is a dating columnist at a popular New York magazine she wants to write more insightful pieces so when her boss makes her co-editor of a new online magazine she is over the moon, until she discovers that her co-editor is the boss' son, and her nemesis, Greg McAdams. Cl
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Maria La Serra book, but I’d definitely won’t be my last! I loved watching Staci & Greg’s banter! It was the perfect way to drive up the tension between the two of them. I really enjoyed how Greg was all about Staci, even though she was fighting her feelings.
thewoollygeek
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the humour and chemistry of the main characters in this, dual POV done really well. A great pick me up read, light, fluffy and happy, just what’s needed a lot of the time. Entertaining read

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
I’ll be honest I had a bit of trouble in the beginning connecting with Staci, however her inner dialogue was hilarious. As the story progressed I found her to be tolerable and not as snarky.

Greg is super swoon worthy, but with his past experience with Staci I found I disliked him a little bit.

As their story progresses I found that I couldn’t put the book down! And let’s not forget to mention the hilarity of the article snippets!

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Stella Thompson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and Sassy!

This is the first book I’ve read by Maria La Serra and I was pleasantly surprised! I love the premise of the enemies to friends to lovers, AND fake relationship merged together. Staci is a smart mouthed relationship writer for a woman’s magazine. Greg is also a writer for the same publication’s men’s magazine. He is also the CEO’s son. But Staci “hates” Greg because of something that happened years ago. Instead of dealing with the situation, she makes assumptions about Greg, and h
Jeeves
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The One & Only is a short, sweet, clean and romantic story about two writers who have to find a way to work together despite the tension between them. Staci has hated Greg since they started working together, but Greg doesn’t know why. He’s attracted to her and is frustrated with her anger towards him. As they work on a series of articles together, they get to know one another better and Staci realizes that maybe she’s been holding a grudge when she shouldn’t have. It’s a fun, light romance ...more
Annie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story about Staci and Greg. His dad owns Nash Publishing and he writes for Avant - Garde. She's a writer for Starlet magazine also owned by Nash. They both write relationship columns. Mr McAdams take them with writing a online post called According to Staci and Greg. Being forced to work today brings out Staci's immature side. She had a crush on him when she was younger and he blew her off. She had been hurt since then and is af ...more
Amy  Crull
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This type of book is one of my favorites! Enemies to lovers plus an office romance, a winner in my book!!
Greg is the boss's son and the one to take over. His dad wants to do more with the company. He puts him and Staci together for a new feature. This is when it gets interesting.. Staci despies Greg for something that happened 6 yrs ago but the more she spends time with him, she sees a different side to him. Greg was the spoiled rich kid, never really caring about anyone but himself. He's had l
Clare
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nwt, ao
Greg McAdams is a well off, handsome New York journalist who’s Dad owns the magazine company. Staci, also a journalist, works for the magazine writing a column for a women’s magazine. They are brought together to create an online magazine for men and women giving relationship advice. Sounds great however preconceived notions, assumptions and the past keep tripping them up.
A really fun read! I don’t think I put it down. Short, sweet, romantic but also career based and very true to relationship d
Magali
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the art of the romantic war
Good, tender and simple romance with very good characters and quite humorous scenes at times. I loved how Stacy tries to do everything to be unbearable and that Greg, her boss's son, hates her. They are forced to work together and while he tries to seduce her, she is either plague, aggressive, unbearable because, although he has forgotten it for 6 years, Stacy remembers what he did to her then. Yet, although she continues to be annoying, she discovers that he is no
Tithi(bookreviewer_98)
It was a fun book. I had a great time reading it. The total enemies to lovers troupe is my favourite and thats why I enjoyed it very much. Staci morally dislikes greg and wants nothing to do with him. Greg on the other hand likes staci very much. Due to past relationships staci likes to avoid greg who in turn is heir to the company she works. When they are assigned to run a biweekly column togather staci was forced to interact with greg and the rest is history. I liked this story very much. The ...more
Rachel
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is the first book I have read by Maria La Serra and I really enjoyed it. I love romances told in a first person dual POV so this book got major points from me straight out of the gate. Greg was a super likable hero - I was rooting for him from the beginning. It took a little while for me to warm up to Staci. She came off as abrasive and bratty - I wish her backstory would have been brought up earlier in the book. Once I understood her more I really liked her.

I love coworker romances and thi
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I was so intrigued by this story from simply from the blurb. I loved the idea behind two editors who don't see eye to eye funding their way together. I loved the humor, the sweetness, and the fact that these two are sort of an opposites attract couple.

I think the only thing that got me was that I wasn't really sure that I liked Staci in the beginning. I wasn't able to really feel a connection to her. However, the more I read the more I loved the story. I couldn't wait to see what was going to h
Giofab21
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being thrown together to work on a new online idea with someone you can't stand while a certain part of you can't stop admiring is definitely a recipe for something. Although there is a moment in time that Staci can't forget involving Greg she hates that the more they spend time together he might not be the person she thought he was. Good looking and charming can only confuse the girl more. Fun the see how well they will "work" together.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am v
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Talk about a true love/hate relationship. The One and Only gives us Staci and Greg. Staci does everything in her power to annoy Greg, she hates him for a past indiscretion. Greg just kinda rolls with the punches. Neither see that they hate Staci harbors is turning into love.

Greg is super swoon worthy. He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he's down to earth. He understands money can't buy love and happiness. You will fall hard and quick for this sexy and sweet man. Staci t
Rubi
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maria La Serra has done it again. She has brought us another amazing story.

In The One and Only we meet Greg and Staci. I loved the banter between the two. It’s an enemies-to-lovers/second chance romance you won’t be able to put down. With multiple laugh-out-loud moments you’ll be rooting for these two to make it work and asking for more!

I highly recommend this book and can’t wait to dig into Book 2!
poppy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a good clean enemies to lovers romance and was a really fun book. I really liked the plot and enjoyed getting to know both Staci and Greg I really liked that no matter how much she went out of her way to annoy him he just rolled with it. Greg was a wonderful character and I really liked him it did take a bit to warm to Staci but she did have me laughing out loud at times this was a good read I really look forward to reading more from this author.
Jessica
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one! Staci and Greg had good chemistry and banter. It was obvious from the beginning that something had happened in the past between the two. I appreciated finding out what it was fairly early in the story. I thought that left plenty of room and time to move on and hear their true story. Good chicklit read!

*i received a copy from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Jeanne Richardson
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written Maria La Serra; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Kristin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet, sexy romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
GeekyBookMama
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading from this author. I really enjoyed reading this book, The banter between Greg and Staci was funny. I liked the storyline and the secondary characters.

Spunky N Sassy
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book

This book is snarky and funny. I really enjoyed the witty banter and slow burn romance.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MoonGarden
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clean and Captivating read

I love reading clean romances! This is a great enemies to in love story. Can't say I've ever fallen in love with an enemy myself, but it sure makes for fun reading.

Melissa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enemies to lovers romance with a whole lot of humor. They will have to face their past and see if they can forgive and compromise with each other.

Lisa H
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Staci Cortés has worked hard to get where she is. Not like Greg, who’s father owns their publications.

They both write advice for different publications and now, they will be working together, but there’s a lot at stake, magazine wise..

Oh, and there is a big reason why Staci doesn’t like Greg...he asked her out when she was young and poor and he was a no show and she caught him making out with a blonde. Of course Greg doesn’t even remember this until Staci enlightens him.

Thankfully, Greg has chan
Nicole Pinto
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet and fun read. Staci and Greg work together but dislike each other. They have to work on a story together and then the inevitable happens. There aren’t written sexy times in this book if that’s what you are looking for. But the writing is good and the story was cute. Thank you for the ARC!
Jackie Roberts
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Staci Cortés is a dating columnist at a popular New York magazine and trying her best to get her love life in order. Greg McAdams—the one person in the world Staci cannot stand—is a writer for a metropolitan men’s magazine and the son of her boss, and he sits right across the hall from her. So, when St
Melena Torretta
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2019
A fun enemies to lovers story.

I like stories when two people start to look past their preconceived notions of each other and discover that they are falling in love. It is fun to see that gradual shift in opinion and feelings.

Staci was a bit prickly at first and fairly judgemental of Greg without what seemed like solid proof to back up her assumptions. Greg, on the other hand, had a good sense of humor and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. It was nice to see the shift in Staci's views as the stor

A Montréalaise who used to be a fashion designer before becoming a writer. She will try everything at least once—except for skiing, hiking, camping, or anything relating to activities done in the great outdoors. When she’s not working on her next book, you could find her spending time with her husband and kids.

You can follow her on
Twitter @authormlaserra
Instagram @maria.laserra
Facebook @author

The One Love (2 books)
  • Just One Look (The One Love Series, #2)