Start by marking “Come Again” as Want to Read:
Come Again

Come Again

WOMEN HAVEN'T BEEN HIRED TO WORK IN MY BAR FOR A REASON: they’re too tempting and too distracting—too much of a liability—even if they are good for business…

That’s why I shocked myself by hiring Avery Cole. She’s young, carefree, and happy—a beautiful distraction. When she’s around, the devastation of my past gets buried under layers of lust and desire… hints of a life I o
Published November 30th 2018 (first published November 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Come Again, please sign up.

Kiki
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sigh..I wanna live in New Orleans and be best buddies with Avery and Shaw. This story gave me all the feels. The following things always makes for a good story imo:

1. Age Gap. Shaw O’Sullivan. Tattooed. Hot. Damaged. Older. Second chance at love. very protective.

2. Younger woman. Damaged. Slowly begins to realize what’s within her. Made of tough stuff. Second chance at love.

3. Great food descriptions that give amazing visuals.

4. Angst. Always angst.

5. Pure unbridled lust and love. The End. <3
Dilek VT
2,25 stars

That's not my usual "go-to-book", with a hero who is 15 years older than the heroine and therefore, it is not surprising for me that I didn't like them as a couple.

The book is not bad; I didn't hate it but I didn't love it, either.

The hero is 38 years old and he is a widow, who has been mourning for his dead wife for the past 5 years. She was the love of his life and after her death, he built walls around him and he never dated again. He had a f*ck buddy whom he sometimes hooked up wi
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"

I liked this one. I agree - the secondary characters and subplots are good. The h has a spine and keeps moving forward. The H is stuck in the grief cycle and has a hard time with the guilt of moving on even though it is time. I'll probably read other books by this author.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Note to myself===> (view spoiler)
Nikki ღ Navareus

I loved this story and I loved the characters! Avery was treated like crap for way too long by her ex, but the minute he laid a hand on her, she got the fuck out of Dodge and moved on. Then she looked back on her lost time with that loser ex, and decided she would never let that happen to her again. And she never did. I adored everything about Avery, she was sweet and spunky (in the very best way). Surly Shaw was kind of a dick through a lot of the story, but you all know me and my sick passion
Danielle S.
Come Again? Yes please. I’d come again and again and again for Shaw O’Sullivan.

He’s a broody, surly asshole according to Avery Cole, the new girl I town, who ran from a not so desirable situation looking for a fresh start. But, that doesn’t stop her from pretty much forcing her way into his life.

My heart broke for Shaw, I cried actual tears. Okay, maybe not cried but my eyes definitely watered a good bit. The poor baby, he’s broken just barely scraping by in this world. So when the feisty, you
LianaReads blog
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, love-it
Loved loved loved this book so much.I think I've lived in another world till few months ago because I love when I find new authors and their work sticks to my heart
It's a beautiful story set in New Orleans and it really makes me want to move in the states because the visuals that we get from the author in the books is so real that you feel in the front line next to them at the coffee shop or restaurant or bar or even on the streets.
The name of the book comes from a cocktail drink that is served
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of i want to thank author Jiffy Kate for the ARC, i very much appreciate it. Now I will tell you that Jiffy Kate is anew (to me) author, therefore I have not read any of her books previously. All i can say is that NOW she is part of my favorite author's group! In love with her writing style, characters and story line! Besides the fact that the cover model is gorgeous, the blurb is what caught my interest!

Avery got the short end of the stick, but when fight or flight became the only option.
Debbie
Can I give 10 stars?

This author duo never disappoints, but they have outdone themselves with this book!

Shaw O'Sullivan and his broody, cranky ways will worm himself into your heart and you will love him despite himself!

Avery - running from a mess of a relationship, she leaves Houston and, rather than returning to her family in Okalahoma, finds herself in NOLA determined to start over and make it on her own. She winds up in Shaw's bar, Come Again, seeking employment. Only to be told he doesn't h
Cherie
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Jiffy Kate say that they have a new book coming out, it is immediately a no brainer that I will one-click the book and completely devour it. No. Questions. Asked. Come Again is another knock it out of the park for me.

Tattooed hero ✔
Brooding ✔
Swoon-Worthy ✔
Alpha ✔
A dark, secret past ✔
Shaw O’Sullivan is the type of hero that will enter the depths of your dreams and seize complete control of them. Believe me ladies, you’ll be begging him for it!

YET! I feel to compelled to say that Come A
Stefanie
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tantalizing. Mysterious.

I was intrigued from the very first page. Jiffy Kate know how to write and create books where you live in the books. You experience New Orleans as you are reading. The French Quarter is on my travel bucket list because of JK books. In this book you meet Avery and Shaw. Avery has a life altering experience that shocks you. She then begins her journey to healing. Along that journey she meets the mysterious Shaw O’Sullivan. Shaw is bearded. Tattooed. Sexy. He is broken. Wha
Brittany Johnson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't fan girl enough about this dynamic duo. They bring all the angst and feels to life! When you have two characters trying to find their way and each on a different level of healing get ready for a emotional rollercoaster that will leave you smiling and having your heart full at the end.
I love how they intertwined all the supporting characters into the lives and being a family and including characters from there other books. Jiffy Kate just pants just a vivid picture of New Orleans and the
Nance
This is a very emotionally draining book. A lot went on in this novel. I don’t have much to say without giving away spoilers other than I enjoyed this book immensely. It will rip your heart out. Some things that happened were sad and painful. Both main characters went through some heart-wrenching times. I read this practically in one sitting because I had to know how everything eventually turned out. And, I always love a book that takes place in New Orleans. A very romantic setting...
Megan | A Page to Turn
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shaw. He’s so dreamy. I adored this story and the depth it went into. More review to come soon. I’m still sorting my thoughts.

CeCe
Amazon - HNRY (in parts)

I liked the first 25%, but then it lost me. The hero was the problem. Too much pining over his dead wife. I felt bad for the heroine. I wanted her to be with a man that LOVED HER and ONLY HER.
When the heroine dealt with her high risk pregnancy and the hero mentioned that dead wife, I was DONE!! (HNRY) The heroine deserved more. She deserved better.

The hero was the worst kind of hero. He acted all protective when really he was just a pining a**hole. He was pining until t
Mel Knight
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This duo and their words will stay with you forever. Jiff Kate has a way of writing that not only do you picture everything so vividly, you are there with the characters. You're sitting at the bar, sitting at a little table in a coffee shop or you are walking down the street with them.

First, can we just bask in the glory that is this cover? I am pretty sure that Jiffy Kate broke the internet the day that this cover revealed itself to the world!

This book takes place in New Orleans and the colorfu
Jos
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kel Wood *Kel & Mel Tell Book Blog*
It’s really not fair to limit me to five stars. It’s also not fair to expect me to somewhat put together a review that would do such a beautifully told story and sort of justice. But I will try.
There is nothing....NOTHING...that I would change about this book. There was no part of the story that made me think huh, why that there? There was no single word or sentence or paragraph that I didn’t feel in my soul. It’s a perfectly pieced together story of two lost souls finding themselves and finding
Ankita Kaul
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a gorgeous story! When Shaw first stepped onto the page back in the Blue Bayou, I was hooked, even though he was on there for like five mins. So when I got the chance to read an entire book about him, I was thrilled. And this book is everything I hoped for. Shaw is at a point in life where he feels like he’s done. He’s loved and lost, and he doesn’t see the point of trying again. Yet he is such a good guy, with so much to offer! When Avery enters the picture, she’s dealing with emot ...more
Beth
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
so close to the other read i have read by Jiffy Kate "Watch and See". you go from never had read anything from Jiffy Kate to reading 2 books in a close amount of time. i think this is 2 ladies writing at the same time, right??! any who ... great writing style. this does has so much in there ... 2 characters ...such backstories ... Avery Cole has come from an abusive relationship, that she is embarrassed to tell her parents about. I would guess that is normal, right? never know anyone who has gro ...more
Tricia Bartley
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y'all....get ready for Shaw O'Sullivan, he is such a Knight in Shining Armor!!!! He may have a few pings in this armor, he may be hurt from his past and he may carry a huge chip on his shoulder. But man after Avery helped smooth them out, he definitely was perfect!!! Gahhh I fell hard for these two!!!

Avery left Oklahoma to come to New Orleans, well actually she ran away from an awful situation in OK. She prays that baggage doesn't come and find her.

She ends up finding a job at a bar. This is whe
2OCC Reviews
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie
I’m going to start at the beginning, this cover! OMG, after I got through drooling over it, I immersed myself in the NOLA world of Jiffy Kate. Brought to life through multihued descriptions, it is a place that one dreams of being. After experiencing it in Blue Bayou, I was anxious to return.

Shaw O’Sullivan, physical is everything a woman could want. It’s just that life had crushed him. He had slowly worked his way to what he thought was a good place until Avery walked into his life and upset tha
PurpleBrina
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories that Jiffy Kate come up with. They have away of sucking you in. You become part of the story. While reading this book it made me feel like I was right there in New Orleans again. They are truly artists with their words.

Come Again takes us back to the French Quarter with a lot of familiar characters and a few new ones too.  Avery Cole is one of the new ones. Little did she know, running from her past would lead her right to her future. I really liked Avery. Not a weak woman at
Michelle Groover
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Jiffy Kate’s books for awhile. Their books easily transport the reader to the city the story takes place and it’s no different with “Come Again.”

Leaving a bad relationship and starting over in an unfamiliar city, Avery navigates the changes in her life and finds herself as the first woman to work in Shaw O’Sullivan’s bar. While Shaw does all he can to not think about Avery, she does the same...at first. Their relationship has plenty of hiccups, roadblocks, and misunderstanding
Blue
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked it, didn't love it

Angsty read. I liked that the characters acted their age and had mature conversations with each other rather than creating typical drama. There was OW drama but very minimal, casual on and off hookup that hero only used to act like they were hooking up to repel the heroine from thinking he was available, but the heroine dealt with it like a champ. I can see why some readers struggle with the whole "heroine is second-best compared to hero's first wife" but the way I see i
Kat Tammen
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate have done it again. They weave magic with their characters, Shaw and Avery, and firmly plant their readers on a bar stool in New Orleans to watch this story unfold.
I love that I can count on this writing duo to always keep it real and keep it fresh. Now I just need to sip a Come Again and give this story another read-through (or three.) Cheers!
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate and their French Quarter novels make me want to move to New Orleans and become best friends with all of their book characters. First with Blue Bayou and now with Come Again, because while reading their latest story you are made to feel as if you are there living every single moment with Shaw and Avery. This book will grab you from the get go with the prologue and then keep you captive until the very end. We get all of the heartbreak and love and friendship and spunky attitude between ...more
Polly Smith
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Jiffy Kate leaves me with a book hangover. There was much anticipation for Come Again, on my part, since finishing Blue Bayou and it was definitely worth the wait. Shaw and Avery’s story is one of sadness, heartbreak and ultimately sweet, sweet love. Mix that in with some smoking hot sex and this book is worth every star!
Clara Martinez Turco
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normally, when Jiffy Kate publishes a book, I jump into it, ignore life and don't get up until I'm finished. But Come Again, its newest release, its meant to be savored. Page by page, the story of Shaw O'Sullivan, a hot AF, asshole yet big hart owner of the local Come Again bar and Avery Cole, sweet, young and adorable, consumed be.
It's probably the best slow-paced romance I've read this year. This second chance story is perfect, even when the characters' circumstances were not. It touches elega
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Truly Yours (Truly Us, #1)
  • The Day That Saved Us
  • Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts, #4)
  • All That Remains (From The Wreckage, #3)
  • The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, #2)
  • Buried Alive
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Missing Pieces
  • Waiting For Us (Waiting, #1)
  • Their Promise
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • Sin Never Sleeps (Gilt, #2)
  • A Bad Bit Nice (Second Chance Neighbors, #1)
  • The Older Man
  • Brand New Me (Konigsburg, #5)
  • Pieces of Broken Time
  • The Bright Effect
Subscribe to Jiffy Kate's Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c_JFaX

Jiffy Kate is the joint pen name for Jiff Simpson and Jenny Kate Altman. They're co-writing besties who share a brain and a love of cute boys, good coffee, and fun times.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jiffykate