Start by marking “Sophie: Witch-Hunter” as Want to Read:
Sophie: Witch-Hunter

Sophie: Witch-Hunter

(Witch-Hunter)

Everyone will betray you…

Sophie has always had a high opinion of herself. She is smart, beautiful, and meant for something more than a mundane, human life.
From a young age she’s had to weigh duty against selfish desires. Her new friend Izzy starts to break down her carefully-constructed walls, and makes Sophie question everything she thought she knew.

With witch-hunters and
Published July 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sophie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie

Start your review of Sophie: Witch-Hunter
TeaAndBooks
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I have to admit this book took me a while but at no fault of my own! Exams and good old school got in the way and let’s be honest, the two combined can be awfully overwhelming- A-Levels can be a pain!

This was a brilliant read. Truly extraordinary writing and I found it was the best way to gain insight into Sophie as a character. If you have read the series, you need to read this. I find it vital to being able to gain a true understanding of the characters as well as appreciate the series muc
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie: Witch-Hunter by K.S. Marsden is an awesome story to read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have really loved reading ver much. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about witches , LGBT and fantasy.

Michelle
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book definitely should be read after the rest of the Witch-Hunter trilogy, as the author suggests, to get a better understanding of the importance of events in the story. I did not like this one as much as the Witch-Hunter trilogy, partly because I never liked Sophie much as a character. She is very conceited in this book, being brought up knowing she would be the next Shadow Witch, and as a teenager it got very annoying after a while as it really goes to her head. But the book does give a ...more
Colleen Chesebro
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Witch Hunter Series is: The Shadow Rises, The Shadow Reigns, The Shadow Falls, which I’ve read and reviewed. The stories revolve around the evil witches who sacrifice humans to increase their own powers. In this world, witches are evil and hunted down by the MMC (Malleus Maleficarum Council), a secret witch hunting organization tasked with neutralizing the threat from the witches.

Sophie: Witch Hunter is the second prequel in the Witch Hunter series. In this book, the reader learns how Sophie
Ayla
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rose English
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, all-time-fav-s
Book 51 of my Goodreads Challenge 2019

***Warning this book contains some horrific scenes, so beware!***

I absolutely LOVE this book series and want to thank the author for my advanced reading copy. This is the second prequel to the Witch-Hunter Trilogy and does contain spoilers from the trilogy so it is highly recommended that you read:-

The Shadow Rises (Witch-Hunter, #1) by K.S. Marsden

The Shadow Rises, before finding out more about everybody's favourite cold-hearted bitch SOPHIE.

Teenager Sophie Murphy is beautiful, arrogant and cocky. She i
Lorraine
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, paranormal
A brilliant addition to the Witch-Hunter Series.

In this prequel to the series we find out how Sophie evolved from being a cocky, but unskilled teenage witch into the strong and powerful Shadow Witch.

On her journey she loses friends and ends up closing off her emotions and it’s easy to see how and why she became ruthless, and determined to fight the Witch-Hunters.

This is the second prequel in the Witch-Hunter Series, (which I love) and as such it does contain spoilers to the main trilogy. I would
Carol 27
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While this book is described as a prequel, my reading experience was richer for having read The Shadow Rises – book 1 in the Witch-Hunter trilogy, beforehand. In this tale, we meet teenaged witch Sophie on the brink of her sixteenth birthday – in anticipation of receiving her powers. Struggling at times to hang on to her humanity, and despite her human friend Izzy to keep her grounded, Sophie soon realizes that she can’t live in two worlds. Impatient to fulfill her destiny, will Sophie’s aloof a ...more
NanaShauna Joesten
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. It grabbed me from the first page to the last. It is a real page turner. This is a great story of Sophie has always had a high opinion of herself. Since a young age she has had to weigh duty against selfish things she wants. But she doesn't know who she can trust. This is a great story. With great world building and Character building. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Lana
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh this is such a brilliant read, I love Sophie as the shadow witch I have read about in the previous series, where she is strong in her powers already, but seeing her coming into her powers and being unbound is awesome. I love that now she is ready to tackle the wicked witch-hunters and has the magical strength to do so and I would love to see a full blown battle where she will really kick some hunters' ass!! However I can also see how she can become quite ruthless and closing off her heart to ...more
Molly
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Is she really cold hearted, or more badly burned

Being told that some betrayals are for your good- not helpful.

So as it all begins, and before other things really start, this is the ground where much was planted, and so much twisted and tainted.

Sarah Dodson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

Great book the story has really brought sophie to life even more a great read to help fill in the character
Debbie Eyre
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read and Sophie is such a great character! Well written you get to join Sophie on her journey and see why she wants to fight the witch hunters so badly! You get to see her develop and grow into herself and become such a powerful witch. An exciting read that I just could not put down!
Kitt
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While reading the Witch-Hunter Trilogy, I asked myself many times why Sophie was the way she was...what made her so ruthless and unfeeling. To put it bluntly, what made her such a b*tch. Ms. Marsden does a fantastic job of showing us why with this prequel. It shows us Sophie's journey from conceited, powerful, but untrained teenager to the ultra-powerful Shadow Witch. We see her through friendship, uncertainty, and betrayal, until ultimately she locks away those weaknesses that would hamper her ...more
Kaye
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🕸️🕸️ONE KICK@SS THRILL RIDE🕸️🕸️
Holy hell! Marsden delivers one incredibly spun debacle with this explosive wild ride, keeping you riveted on a razors edge and frozen to your seat, raising the stakes and keeping it real, melding this bad boy together flawlessly. Chicanery runs rampant and havoc is rife, rousting all the drama, intrigue, turmoil, underlying threats, escalating danger, spiraling suspense and intense situations along with a boatload of revelations, you have one high octane experienc
Teresa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A look into Sophie's life leading her to be the Shadow Witch. Contributing to her Shadow Witch persona is the betrayal by her first friend (and lover), and the binding, and ultimately death, of her mentor. Sophie hardens her heart magically and hides away the locket containing her emotions; no more of that to weaken her! Great fast paced read, with excellent characters and plot.
Deb McEwan
Bill Nolan
Jeanette Hall
Len Evans Jr
Mar 25, 2019
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 1093} Sophie: Witch-Hunter by K.S. Marsden 5 14 Jun 20, 2020 12:16PM

• The Last Summer of Ada Bloom
  • Twin Daggers
  • Ties That Tether
  • The Player Next Door
  • Remain Silent
  • The Future Leader: 9 Skills and Mindsets to Succeed in the Next Decade
  • Cusp of Night (Hode's Hill, #1)
  • Walk Away Silver Heart (A Love Poetry Trilogy #1)
  • Bell Hammers
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • Renata Vitali (The Five Syndicates, #3.5)
  • Damiano De Luca (The Five Syndicates #4)
  • Mr. Sagittarius
  • Long Schlong Silver
  • The Taken Girls
  • Kostya: A Dark Bratva Hate Story (Chicago Crime Family Book 3)
  • Battle Scars (The Arsenal, #5)
  • Hearts in the Sand (Valkyrie's Legacy #0.5)
Kelly S. Marsden grew up in Yorkshire, and there were two constants in her life - books and horses.
Graduating with an equine degree from Aberystwyth University, she has spent most of her life since trying to experience everything the horse world has to offer. She is currently settled into a Nutritionist role for a horse feed company in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
She writes Fantasy stories part-tim

Witch-Hunter (3 books)
  • The Shadow Rises (Witch-Hunter, #1)
  • The Shadow Reigns (Witch-Hunter, #2)
  • The Shadow Falls (Witch-Hunter, #3)

News & Interviews